What are your favorite TV/movie scenes involving knives/other blades?

I saw this episode the first time it aired (2007), and all these many years later I still bust out laughing the moment poor Fausto's knife flies apart. Definitely one of my favorite tv-knife moments 🤣.

First Terminator movie. Bill Paxton and his switchblade

OIP.ObPbZMX30Lliw6oSlmfvkgHaFp

Exposure aka Higher Art is a must see movie. The movie starts out with a knife attack, features some cool knives and contains knife fighting training.

Last edited:
I'm a big fan of Streets of Fire:

This scene from Kick Ass also comes to mind, with the warning to never bring a knife to a pole-arm fight.

I noticed that Microtech OTFs were used several times in the recent show Squid Game, with a close up of an ultratech in one of the later episodes.

Edit : the french Laguiole brand is even more present.

LH Sebenza in “Collateral” (which also features some very legit gun handling btw)

Attachments

• A4459489-59B2-4A11-A0DC-F52EC888CCE2.jpeg
    A4459489-59B2-4A11-A0DC-F52EC888CCE2.jpeg
    9.8 KB · Views: 9
  • F365C7B7-EEA9-489C-9AAD-534992299D5D.jpeg
    F365C7B7-EEA9-489C-9AAD-534992299D5D.jpeg
    14.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 8B30DB59-7F7A-4D28-940D-B51D52D8CF05.jpeg
    8B30DB59-7F7A-4D28-940D-B51D52D8CF05.jpeg
    16.2 KB · Views: 9
The Great Raid has a scene where a US soldier is taking out a Japanese sentry with a knife, if I remember right you see the flash of the steel and the stalk and the kill.

I saw this episode the first time it aired (2007), and all these many years later I still bust out laughing the moment poor Fausto's knife flies apart. Definitely one of my favorite tv-knife moments 🤣.

Love it, its definitely me.

It's always been either "Crocodile Dundee" or "Rambo I" for me but "Hunted" should get an hororable mention.

If I had to choose, I'd choose "Crocodile Dundee" for the win. How can you beat: "THAT'S not a knife. THIS is a knife!" LOL! ;)

iu

Last edited:
It's always been either "Crocodile Dundee" or "Rambo I" for me but "Hunted" should get an hororable mention.

If I had to choose, I'd choose "Crocodile Dundee" for the win. How can you beat: "THAT'S not a knife. THIS is a knife!" LOL! ;)

iu
I can't remember if it was the first or second one where he throws his knife in the bar and splits the punk's mohawk.

Can't believe no one thought of my man Jack Bauer :

"an average businessman with a Microtech Halo in his car ?!"

Edit : apparently I cannot hotlink this video 🥺

Last edited:
In post #20 I incorrectly described an episode of "That 70's Show", but just by chance I saw it again recently and noticed I had remembered it wrong. So I'll correct myself here. It's amazing how certain you can be about something you "remember" but be very wrong.

Casey Kelso (Luke Wilson) attends a barbeque/party at the Foreman house after the Foreman's win a huge amount of hot dogs (I knew there were hot dogs involved). Donna wants her hot dog cut in half, at which point Casey pulls a knife out from behind his back to cut it for her.

This is the best screen shot I could take.

For anyone interested, It was episode 26, season 4.

VygR6Fn.jpg

Last edited:
The knife fight in Under Siege 2 was quite ridiculous.

Maes Hughes in Full Metal Alchemist had a thing for throwing knives, and was a badass.

Then there's the knife Night Slasher carried in "Cobra." As a kid it was so cool. Now... not so much.

In "The Punisher " Dolph Lundgren uses skull handled daggers as a calling card. Despite being considered a b-movie, I love it. Yakuza and Jeroen Krabbé as the villains? Love it.

I am in search of the knife the night slasher carried in Cobra....I know they were issued or copied by a couple of knife makers. Anyone know where I can buy one ?

Back