What Brand of Shoes/Boots Do You Wear?

Most of the time I wear my vivobarefoot neotrails, I mean everywhere, even work. It's not slip resistant but definitely keeps me balance in check. Extremely comfortable, I could sleep with them on.

other than that, I like vans.

I used to drive ships (stand 10+ hours a day on a steel deck with little ability to walk more than about 15 feet at a time.) For me, the answer was insoles, specifically SOL ultras. I put them in every thing I wear. My casual combination is Merril Moab non-waterproofs (breathe way better than the goretex ones) and a pair of insoles.

http://www.yoursole.com/us/mens/footbeds/softec-ultra/

I got turned on to them at the AFFES Army exchange by folks that were too old to do this crap anymore.

They routinely last me a year or so, so it's money very well spent.

Also, Socks make all the difference. I used to be all into smart wool, but now Darn Tough is the go to brand. Here's my current favorite.

http://darntough.com/men/mens-hike-trek/hiker-1-4-sock-cushion

They are pricy, but last forever and I usually buy four or five pairs at a time so losing one is not an issue, and it ultimately turns up again and makes a pair.

I did the whole hiking boots, packer boots thing. Killed my knees.

Now I only wear zero drop: Russell moccasin boots, Fivefingers, Luna Sandals. If I ever need to wear dress shoes for more than an hour at a time, I'll order Primal Professionals.

I am sold just after reading their warranty, have never seen a lifetime warranty in socks. Thanks for this!

I wear Oboz almost exclusively unless it's flip-flops or running shoes. I used to wear Merrells or Keens but they kept switching their models every year and I hate inconsistency. So last time I was buying shoes I tried on the oboz and some very similar merrells and the heal is what sold me, Merrell made theirs so narrow and I already roll ankles too easy. I will buy Oboz again when these wear out.

These at work in uniform(awesome not having to polish boots):
http://obozfootwear.com/products/mens-yellowstone-ii-2/yellowstone-black/

And these pretty much anytime outside of work(looks mlike my color is discontinued though):
http://obozfootwear.com/products/mens-sawtooth-low/sawtooth-low-pewter/

Justin work boots. If not those, Vans or cheapo moccasins. Special occasion - tony llama shrunken shoulder brahma bull hide in chocolate brown... Most expensive footwear I own, and they look and feel damn good... Like buttah baby!

I wear steel toed Red Wings at work. Not sure what model but they are unlined lacers. Most comfortable pair I have ever had. My feet really like the. Out side of work I wear either square toed Airiats or round toe Justin's. The Airiats are comfortable but heavy. The Justin's, comfortable and light.

Jim

5.11 taclite boots for work...I didn't want them till I tried them on

Then a Nike basketball shoe or flip flop

Some kind

Also a zero drop "barefoot" afi here. I used to wear Simple Shoes loafers/sneakers but they got discontinued.

Switched late early this year to Soft Star Shoes and I am very happy. It can put strain on your ankles and calves and feet if you are overly used to landing hard on the heel and having the shoe's stiff sole do the "roll to step" rather than pushing off with your toes.

Used to wear standard shoes and walked min. 20-30 km a day and always had heel pain. Since I switched shoes and more importantly, how I walk, less fatigue and zero pain in general. Stepping on a stone or acorn will hurt like heck though :)

5.11 taclite boots for work...I didn't want them till I tried them on

I took a gamble mail ordering a pair of these. Glad I did they are the most comfortable boots I've had.

I've been through a lot of boots blistering, mashing or bruising my feet or damaging toe nails.

These tac-lite boots are fine though, I've walked all day in them.

They are dry weather boots though, I don't think they would be good in the wet, mud or rain.

Johnston and Murphy or Kenneth Cole for work, Saucony or Merrell for play, usually. I also have some Born boots I wear with jeans often, and some ASICs and New Balance I run around and exercise in.

For just everyday stuff I wear Nike running shoes or my Saucony running. For work I have to wear dress shoes and I do not recommend any that I have bought to date. Merrill for hiking/camping. Timberland pro for when I was in construction. But I am not brand loyal and when I go shopping I will try on every pair till I find the "one". I have some Skeletoes for kayaking, my thoughts are that they would be easier to swim in if I fall off my S.O.T.

Chippewa boots, they just last longer in heavy industry environment. I get twice the life as redwings and they don't catch fire... I work in rock melting industry...

Muck Boots for winter/chores.

Sneakers, I wear a 14 so it's hard to find shoes to try on. I prefer Vans then Converse then Nike (Nike store in Las Vegas always gets me, they have everything in my size).

Salomon trail shoes for most of the time. Danner Corvallis for lightweight work boot. Salomon for lightweight but very sturdy and supportive hikers; they have excellent rock gripping soles.

Mostly Merrell's slip ons. I also have Merrill walking\trail shoes but I don't like them as much. They are "supposed" to be the waterproof model, but just walking the dog on a dewy morning my feet get wet.

A bunch of random cheapish dress shoes I don't know the brand. I have a pair of crocs for yard work and a big old pair of Sorrell boots with the felt insert that I wear to shovel the stoop or when the weather is really bad. I love those Sorrells but man are they heavy..

All really depends on my situation.

I work in an office all day, and we're business casual, with the emphasis on casual. So I'm not real brand picky about my work shoes, but am concerned more with style. Some days it's bright blue wing tips, some it's a flashy pair of sneakers, and other days it's my red patent leather Doc Martins. I've probably got 8 or 10 part of shoes to wear to work, or out and about in the evening. Wife says I have a shoe problem... :rolleyes:

True athletic shoes, I've been kinda stuck on either Nike's lately. Not due to any loyalty, it's just what's fit the best in a style I like for the last two or three pair.

Hiking, camping, or other serious outdoor activities, I pretty much swear by Merrells. For the price, the quality is pretty tough to beat in an outdoors shoe.

Casual wear off work during the summer I wear Vans slip-ons.
For work I wear Justin conductors boots in pitstop black.
For yardwork I wear my dad's last pair of RO Search combat boots the US Army issued him before he got out for the last time, he gave them to me years ago and they suit the purpose well.
I also have a pair of Lacrosse Rubber Wellington's I wear if it's particularly wet.

I just ordered a pair of Thorogood 814-4364 for casual wear during the fall winter and early spring.

Last edited:
Back