What Brought You To JK Handmade Knives?

JK Knives

Just wondering what brought you here to my knives and forum? In other words, how did you hear about my knives?

I actually picked up one of your knives secondhand without ever actually knowing who it was made by. I was already a member on Bladeforums so I dug around and wound up here.

I was poking around in Whine & Cheese and seen a couple of the members with the JK Knives signature at the bottom of their posts. (protourist & slg98)

I decided to check out what the fuss was about and never left!

I was looking at images of custom knives on the web and came across a photo of the Pocket Kephart. I ordered one and a few days later had you add a matching Kephart HD to my order. I still have both. Great knives!

Bearthedog did a review of your old oak handled Kephart. I had to have one. It now resides with my older son's buddy. At one time I owned over 20 JK knives. I'm down to a handful now, my sons have several each and I think that the few I kept are ones everyone should own. Great tools! Thanks for your talent, John.

Well John, I was researching Horace Kephart and stumbled into Blade Forums and then stumbled on to your Website and then, when I saw the Mokena address, I realised that you were a long last compadre. Now we get to chat, I got some killer knives from you, I am a paid member to BF and my spare change goes to sharp stuff as well as things that go bang or fish lures!
You are responsible for my making many new friends here on your hosted forum (the best forum group I know of).
Life is good!

I was looking for a good custom knife for camping. I'd mostly been interested in modern edc folders but liked the look left natural materials known customknives.

I didnt know much aboit custom makers and tried killing through a bunch of the forums but really didn't know where to start. Eventually I found a thread talking get about good custom makers as. Reasnoble cost. JK knives was one last those mentioned. I checked out the ones polled had mentioned and really likes JK designs and materials, his scalar mldels were all listed on the same sticky thread at the time and I doing that a really easy way to check them out and see what I liked. Everything I read a out them said the same thing I made me. Great knife maker, great knives, cheaper then they have a right to be.

So I emailed john, found all the reviews to be true ability him being easy to work with. Made an order.

The knife sold me on getting more, still remember the anti options left that first knife :)

the forum and everyone here kept me coming back for info, feedback and chat.

Haven't left since,

Came across John's site after looking for Hudson Bay knives, i really liked the models and what clinched it was when I found his forum here in bladeforums and realized how friendly he is and the people who enjoy his knives are too.

"The New Years Sale" thread popped up in my tapatalk feed. I just keep looking at the E01 EDC SW and thought what great little knife. Kept popping up in my feed every hour for a day then every few hours and I kept reading the comments and looking at that E01 EDC SW. Bought it a few days later with a sheath and have been impressed every time I use it. Can't wait until my April order arrives (Carving Set Muk & Fork), have the case on order for it already (small denim tool roll). Going to make a bunch of beer can chicken and ribs to test them out.

I found BF when I was researching a knife, and that rekindled my love of knives.

Then I found out there was a guy in Illinois making knives, and so I wanted to help support that and check out your knives.

The first thing I ordered was a KeyChain Companion kit that I gave to a friend for Christmas -

You also sparked my interest in taking pictures of knives.....

DSC_7558.JPG

DSC_7566.JPG

DSC_7582.JPG

best

mqqn

I was also poking around the forums, looking for an EDC. It was the Tin Knife wharnie that caught my attention.

Was reading the Bushcraft knife challenge thread and after checking out as many of the makers' subforums as I could find, stuck around here.
picked up a knife or 2, posted in a thread or 2, and the rest is history.

If I remember right, I saw some of mqqn's photos in other forums, that made me aware of your knives, and I started lurking here. Then I entered your anniversary contest. Didn't win, but commissioned the knife anyway.Added a knife or two to the collction and made many friends over the past few years.

DSC00557.JPG

I used to spend a lot of time in W&SS. I often saw people actually using your knives and simply taking pictures of other maker's knives. It seemed to me that you made knives we could use and not just admire.
Then I saw some of your Nessmuks and wanted one. I still don't have one of those but I do have several of the best knives you've ever made.

I really miss udtjim by the way.

'your design or mine' got me here. I've been having my designs built by custom makers for years, including Mike Irie[stopped taking custom orders] , DP Knives[out of business],Big Chris , Stonewood Designs[met Todd & Stacy at their shop, just outstanding artisans & workmanship] & now JK Handmade knives.

I saw a post about the phoenix by Rockywolf and knew I had to have one. The rest is history lol. numerous axes and blades.

I saw a review of your Canadian Belt Knife on another forum. I googled you, found your website, and ordered one for myself. Found this place afterwards.

Back