What Buck are you carrying today?

We're going to cruise in the boat down the ICW this afternoon when some out of town friends come over. I've got a traditional pocketknife and my Buck Vantage - really like this Buck - took me 40 years to carry a modern style knife! OH
Buck-345-Vantage.jpg

Ok, it wasn't today, it was a couple of days ago, but I've been mostly off the grid for the last week. Used this 418 to cut through briars and vines. Also used a chainsaw. What a gosh awful tangled up mess. I needed a sharp machete. Or a flame thrower. I'm impressed with this little knife. Not really the best tool for the job, but it performed admirably :)
418briar1.JPG

Not a Buck ( a green Victorinox cadet), I just meant that I'd be swapping these for my new purchase when it arrives.
I should have posted these sooner I guess.
gotcha. I carry a super tinker in my pocket daily. only non Buck I carry daily regardless and use. comes in handy and I prefer it to a multi tool on the belt.

Last edited:
2015 standard production 110, joined by two friends.
(1960's Ulster Barlow, and a "Remington" (no "R" number) canoe, most likely made by Camillus, sometime in the 1990's.
Please feel free to iggy the friends. I don't have a Buck Barlow, or USA Buck Canoe.)

View attachment 1445411
is that the finger print free or sanded down 110, Sir? can't tell.....

Jb,well that's not quite accurate.I simply remove the metal from the tip,which has remained the same,to 1.5" back from the tip.

In other words there is a slight curve from the tip to 1.5" back and I simply removed that curve.It's a very slight bit of metal but it does make a difference in appearance.

I hope that made sense.

My Buck 297 has ended up being my most carried party or around town knife over the years. It fits nice in my watch pocket whereas some knives are too long. And shorter knives just bulk up with my keys down in my pocket which I don't like. If I go hiking or hunting then I change to a different knife.

My Buck 297 is the red to gold version which I like best. I can't figure out how to post a picture.

I wanted to go light the last couple of days, so I started out with a Case peanut. Then I thought, "Hey, I haven't carried my Buck 309 very much, I'd better go with it." This one is a 1996, found at the local knife shop. The shape of the clip blade has always struck me as slightly odd, not sure why. Maybe it's at least partially due to the flat grind, which doesn't have as much je ne sais quoi as the hollow grind of the peanut. Otherwise the two knives are very similar in many ways, except for one being a "jack" configuration and the other being a "pen" configuration (if I understand those two terms correctly). Anyway, it's gotten a lot of use the last couple of days and has performed admirably!

50547970958_9c3686d8a8_b.jpg

Back