What did you do to/with your Becker today?

Deadly duo.

31336929340_8236fff707_b.jpg

Went on a weekend backpacking trip with my brother and a friend, we managed to survive an overnight low of 17F and about 9" of snow on everything. Got to use my BK20 in the sub-freezing weather for the first time and it's factory edge is still just as intact as it was new after 3 different campouts. I was responsible for splitting the wood for the fire on the second day, thankfully we found deadwood that was relatively dry inside and the BK20 made it easy to baton through it without too much trouble. All in all we we had a fun time, there's room for improvements to make winter backpacking more comfortable but we all managed to survive without too much discomfort overnight.

BK20 for scale.

Went on a weekend backpacking trip with my brother and a friend, we managed to survive an overnight low of 17F and about 9" of snow on everything. Got to use my BK20 in the sub-freezing weather for the first time and it's factory edge is still just as intact as it was new after 3 different campouts. I was responsible for splitting the wood for the fire on the second day, thankfully we found deadwood that was relatively dry inside and the BK20 made it easy to baton through it without too much trouble. All in all we we had a fun time, there's room for improvements to make winter backpacking more comfortable but we all managed to survive without too much discomfort overnight.

I really feel like you need to discover hammock camping bro. That looks damn cold mang.

Cool stuff King. I reeeally gotta try winter camping one of these days.

Bring more layers than you need, and leave your boots open so if they freeze you can still put them on.

I really feel like you need to discover hammock camping bro. That looks damn cold mang.

Honestly I was off the ground thanks to my sleeping pad, so not a lot of heat transfer happened. Only think I didn't have was a pillow, a rolled-up poncho is not squishy or insulating.

As long as you're staying warm and having fun, that's all that matters! Looks like it was an awesome fire!!

On my other regular forum we have a what did you to to your jeep today thread that stays pretty active, so thought I'd give it a try here!

I'll start with-

Picked up a coughlans ferro rod to accompany her on the the belt,

Practiced using said steel with the BK2

Batoned a fair amount of wood to get a fire burning...

And then set it ablaze...
87fd2a4b15132e054bee3ec701734bd2_zpse7c5aeb1.jpg
I took my kabar up to bear mtn and stuck her in the ass. I mean my girlfriend sorry 😐

Refilled my kindling box (yesterday).

Fiskars to split some already split logs into smaller pieces, then the 21 to sometimes literally slice into smaller pieces with 1 or two easy short chops. Magic.

i-7MzPgGR-L.jpg

My wife and I found ourselves kidless for a portion of the day so we decided to take the dogs and find some snow.
IMG_0060.JPGIMG_0066.JPG
after a fire and a good hike the pups found themselves worn outIMG_0094.JPG

Prepped the Christmas pork loin with my favorite 15. Came out to universal praise, so I'm calling that a win.....must be the magic of Beckers prepping pork loins. 'Course, it coulda also been the bacon wrapping and the whole jar of apricot preserves....I'm sticking with magic. Catalyzed by bacon.

You will have lots of fun with that Grizzly, mine is still going strong after several years. Great machine

You will have lots of fun with that Grizzly, mine is still going strong after several years. Great machine

Yea, I'm excited. I've been doing everything with my HF 1x30 or a file and jig. Can't wait to get more serious about what I can turn out.

Back