What did you do to/with your Becker today?

Got married with a BK 11 on my belt and cut the cake with a NIB BK 9.

I also had a Beckerhead as a best man ;)

Jeremy
Congrats!

It was to rainy to be out there very long but i was out there long enough for the BK11 to get busy.

DuxobOU.jpg

Cleaned another squirrel today. This time and (a few days ago) the BK11 got the nod.

Fox squirrel from today (head shot around 50 yards off-hand - hey, sometimes I get lucky)...
Vv2S6vF.jpg

Can't remember if I posted this red squirrel from Friday. This one was a neck shot (rested and about 25 yards)...
DuxobOU.jpg

Daughter was gifted a 16 by a certain young viking here (thanks again!), so we tried our hand at dyeing the scales:

Ended up putting them in for a little too long, which turned them black, then tried soaking them in dye remover (which didn't really work) and re-dyeing them. The result was more dark brown, with a hint of purple.

She still thinks they're OK, but I think I'll invest in another set of brown scales, or maybe micarta for her one day for round two.

Last edited:
Aikiguy, I have a few sets of unused brown scales I would be more than happy to send you if you would like.

BK24 has been riding primary today in honor of it's impending upgrade to the whole sheath setup (more pics on that in the near future) and has done all the prepwork today.

onKbvSQ.jpg

Cut up everything for dinner too.

fbiprSj.jpg

Back