What did you rehang today?

...and lastly the 4.5lb Carl Helsper is on a haft I got from Agent_H Agent_H . I tuned it up, thinned it out, and smoothed the edges, it was quite a bit chunkier to begin with.
64-C42213-D4-A6-413-E-9-A3-C-3-DE3-DF8646-BD.jpg

E71076-B3-34-A2-45-F6-9941-71-ED22329-B3-B.jpg

65071-E1-E-C619-4439-B36-F-B36158-C8-FB0-E.jpg

0529-D40-A-3-B3-B-4-F37-A562-72891-A0695-C5.jpg

CA5-B9-CEE-3090-4-E6-C-A34-A-355-A642-BBF18.jpg

It’s choppy!

Last edited:
It's a super cool looking axe regardless of what pattern it is.
Unfortunately I got rained out. I was working on the haft for my mast axe. Just two photos here and I'll put the rest in the axe handle thread whenever I get it finished.
B3qG1VO.jpg

I hated to give up but it started pouring and I was losing light so I'll just finish it tomorrow hopefully. I almost got it!
bBuDQxS.jpg

I just drew it freehand from memory of that one I was copying. I didn't have enough width to duplicate it exactly but I quite like the way it turned out. It's odd to hang one that open but that seems to be the appropriate way to hang em. Have a good one!

Unfortunately I got rained out. I was working on the haft for my mast axe. Just two photos here and I'll put the rest in the axe handle thread whenever I get it finished.
B3qG1VO.jpg

I hated to give up but it started pouring and I was losing light so I'll just finish it tomorrow hopefully. I almost got it!
bBuDQxS.jpg

I just drew it freehand from memory of that one I was copying. I didn't have enough width to duplicate it exactly but I quite like the way it turned out. It's odd to hang one that open but that seems to be the appropriate way to hang em. Have a good one!

Looks great! but honestly I'm as jealous of the rain as I am of the axe. Hasn't rained once here this month and with no good chances in the forecast until october!!!!!!

B3qG1VO.jpg

bBuDQxS.jpg

That has a bad ass stance Yankee Josh Yankee Josh ! Inspiring actually.
I’ve really been admiring some top-wedges lately and would like to try one on a haft like that.
34-F2750-A-E53-B-433-C-A824-A60-EBD98-CA9-A.jpg

48482814-9451-40-B4-B0-B4-ABAC4-D1-E7-E03.jpg

9-AC648-E0-8-ED8-45-A6-86-DF-D46-E82145869.jpg

Last edited:
B3qG1VO.jpg

bBuDQxS.jpg

Very cool axe Josh! Your haft making skills are finely honed and it looks nice. Sorry to hear you got rained out. We have been getting rain here on the southern Minnesota prairie with a lot of lightning when it happens. Miss Bonnie, my English Springer Spaniel gun dog doesn't even flinch or wake up when that thunder crashes .... nothing rattles her

Looks great! but honestly I'm as jealous of the rain as I am of the axe. Hasn't rained once here this month and with no good chances in the forecast until october!!!!!!

I don't know what part of the orb you are on FLINT, but, I suspect our farmers here are starting to worry about a very muddy harvest season and corn getting blown over because the ground is saturated. We are even in a tornado watch until midnight tonight. It is Minnesota so the weather could change in 10 minutes and be snowing through midnight.

B3qG1VO.jpg

bBuDQxS.jpg

I like it! Looks terrific!

I hung the small 2lb p-v mfg co. wedge pattern today.
N58adWy.jpg

I know the haft is a bit long (22") but being a fairly unique Maine axe I wanted it hung on a Maine haft.
IzmqwOu.jpg
XBJImFm.jpg
LVArwIg.jpg
5r0rCNY.jpg

You guys know I'm a stickler for the eye being full. This one, believe it or not, is. What looks like gaps front and back and the front on the bottom of the eye is imperfectly closed eye. Almost like it's chamfered. I cut the wedge large enough to try to fill those small dimples but it just broke away as there was nothing to hold it in there.
2o81xpw.jpg

eYRGVxq.jpg
1HqO7XA.jpg

Have a great evening all! Almost supper time here on the east coast!

Josh that's awesome! I agree with SP, it looks just right. I get used to looking at Connies and Jerseys and sometimes I'll be test fitting something and thinking it's off. But it's just that those patterns we all like have such a wide bit it can make "normal" proportions look like chicklets on flag poles lol Then I'm remind myself, "not everything's a 5 ¼" wide Connie on a 28!" I think your proportions there are perfect!

And I love how you closed up the hang a little, makes that cherry p-v look meannnn!

Back