What did you use your SAK for today?

Spent a good chunk of yesterday replacing 40+ year old bathtub fixtures, and all the calcium and gunk that goes with it. Among all the stuff I used, I pressed my Classic into service scraping old gunk where my Stanley wouldn't fit, namely the corroded hex nut holding the tub faucet place, and a bit on the threaded nub of the shower fixture. I would have stripped out that nut, otherwise. Clearly whoever installed these things in the 70s barely used half their ass back then.

For the past few weeks I've been kept fairly busy preparing a house for sale. During that time, I had the opportunity to use a Vic Tinker (with Remade's covers) several times a day. Opening packages, cutting tape, tightening/removing screws, prying nails, window repair, removing slivers, among so many other nameless tasks.

Tinker with Remade scales;
8YZyLtA.jpg

The Tinker turned out to be a good choice throughout the entire project. All of it's tools were used more than once and I never thought it was lacking something. It truly is a supremely handy little knife...

...Only thing was, after awhile I started missing the bright red cellidor covers usually present on Victorinox. :( So, nearing the end of the sizeable project I remedy that and reward myself with a Berry Red Vic Pioneer. :) Thinner, stronger, redder. :thumbsup::thumbsup: It's currently satisfying several needs and a couple of wants (like only a SAK can)... at least for the time being. :cool::)

New Berry Red Pioneer on an Old but Freshly Painted Deck
yUb1KZ1.jpg

Been carrying my pioneer X lately. Yesterday I used it to cut out the wallet sized portion of my fishing license. Then I used it to cut and clean radishes from my garden.

I tightened up some screws on the dripping back yard sprinkler valve with my Tinker. (Note to self: time to get a replacement valve diaphragm. :D )

Today I used the pioneer X to rehang and wire pendant lights over the kitchen island.

Used my farmer awl to take the sharp edges of some PVC piping, the blade to cut weeds off, the small screwdriver to repair a kitchen drawer , the large screwdriver to remove and clean out the vacuum head , and also to pry open a tricky box .

Cutting some 8 stranded 550 paracord for a new chain for a friend at work, knife's thin blade easily push cuts down through the paracord.
Being right on the edge of the block of wood, the paracord appears frayed from the cut but that is just me, not the blade, trying to sever that close to the edge of the wood can cause it to look this way;

Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

G2

Used the scissors on my SwissChamp to cut the tags off one of my kid’s toys, the knife to break down some boxes, and cork screw to get a knot out of some paracord. I have a SAK or leatherman on me at all times. I would be lost without them!

Used a Vic Camper to saw off a chunk of leftover building timber then a Vic Floral to whittle it into this pipe tamper. Here it is after a quick sand and a couple of coats of Linseed Oil.

tamper_1.jpg

On reflection I think my Vic Farmer is a better tool for use with saw, the corkscrew on the back of the Camper dug into my hand a bit while sawing.

Back