What did you use your SAK for today?

Sorry, that was rather mean of me.
8 weeks
KoEeDfi.jpg

Great looking pup. :)

The Electrician is a useful choice. I used my Small Tinker yesterday to dig out the root tuber of some pesky wild violets growing in my yard. Started using it and then got a larger knife for the effort. The Small Tinker worked just fine. I just didn't want to get it all dirty (and dull the edge).

Used the Fieldmaster's hook a couple times this week. I never thought I'd need it until I was carrying a heavy garbage bag by the tie straps and they dug into my hand. The Fieldmaster had the perfect solution. :thumbsup::thumbsup: Certainly not the most glamorous use but carrying packages by their strings is precisely what the SAK's hook was designed to do. From now on I expect it will be getting some fairly regular use. I mean... the garbage does go out twice a week. :)

blULCdl.jpg

Last edited:
I actually used the parcel hook and the fish scaler/hook remover on my SwissChamp to thread a draw string back into the bag it came out of. I used the hook remover to push the string most of the way through. The parcel hook was used to grab onto the knot at the end of the string and pull it the rest of the way. I love using the tools I always say I’ll hardly ever use.

Used the Fieldmaster's hook a couple times this week. I never thought I'd need it until I was carrying a heavy garbage bag by the tie straps and they dug into my hand. The Fieldmaster had the perfect solution. :thumbsup::thumbsup: Certainly not the most glamorous use but carrying packages by their strings is precisely what the SAK's hook was designed to do. From now on I expect it will be getting some fairly regular use. I mean... the garbage does go out twice a week. :)

blULCdl.jpg
Thanks, now you've convinced me that I NEED another knife ;)

I've only been carrying an SAK for a short time now. (Always had some other type of knife on me). Our band had a gig tonight, and my microphone clip kept wanting to point my mike at the floor. Out comes my Black Alox Cadet, ten seconds later I'm good to go. Felt really good to just take care of it without having to look for a screwdriver. I'm convinced.

Last edited:
I used the corkscrew to pull off the ”safety spring” from bic lighter :D

Reactions: MTB
Went out to post some signs and first had to clear away some Chinese privet (up to 1" diameter), multiflora rose, and honeysuckle. I usually carry a Buck 112 and my Vic Walker, but this time I only had the Walker. It handled the job admirably, using both the saw and the blade. Back home I touched up the blade on my Vic pocket ceramic sharpener (the one that fits in your shirt pocket like a pen) and then a Vic mini steel, and it was quickly back to slicing phone book paper across the grain like it was brand new. (Next time I should at least carry my Ranger Grip 78!)

24841412477_1219d43184_b.jpg

Last edited:
Over the weekend I used the Explorer to cut weed trimmer line, open mail, cut food and cut some small errant shrubbery twigs. Also finally used the magnifying glass to read some fine print in a picture in the local newspaper.

So far this month I've been carrying the Explorer and I've used the main blade, small blade, scissors, inline philips screwdriver, can opener (to separate lego blocks) and large screwdriver, magnifying glass, awl, corkscrew and parcel hook . Also added a new leather lanyard. It's interesting insight on my personal use of the knife and it's tools might help me define my optimal SAK.

IMG_0611_edited.jpg

Used the tweezers on my Tinker to pull a tick off my wifes leg. Used the awl to clean cat hair out of the glide on my carpet cleaning wand. Cut an apple and a sandwich. Cut a big slab of butter to cook my eggs in. I'm not sure how I survived without a SAK for the first 50 years of my life.

Used my Explorer for all of the mundane daily cutting tasks - open food packages, opened the mail, cut a tomato, tightened a loose screw on a cabinet, used the micro screwdriver to tighten glasses screws.

Back