1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What did you use your SAK for today?

Discussion in 'Multi-tools & Multi-purpose Knives' started by Edm1, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Grateful

Grateful Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 5, 2002
    Great looking pup. :)

znapschatz likes this.
  2. Daedric Panther

Daedric Panther Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2019
    Cute doggo

3. redsparrow

redsparrow Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 2014
    Used an electrician to cut a flattened brass fitting from the end of a driven over garden hose.:mad:
    Proving the versatile electrician is even capable of plumbing repair. :)

[​IMG]

mnblade, jmh33, Storm 8593 and 2 others like this.
  4. 22-rimfire

22-rimfire Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2005
    The Electrician is a useful choice. I used my Small Tinker yesterday to dig out the root tuber of some pesky wild violets growing in my yard. Started using it and then got a larger knife for the effort. The Small Tinker worked just fine. I just didn't want to get it all dirty (and dull the edge).

redsparrow and jmh33 like this.
  5. 315

315 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2017
    All I did was open a package another knife came in with my Soldier.

[​IMG]

redsparrow and jmh33 like this.
  6. Pr3inar

Pr3inar

Oct 17, 2015
    Used the pin I keep in the Explorer scales to remove a micro SD card from a Samsung phone, so that I could use the GoPro-camera to take this picture: [​IMG]

jacksterp, paulhilborn, MTB and 4 others like this.
  7. redsparrow

redsparrow Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 2014
    Used the Fieldmaster's hook a couple times this week. I never thought I'd need it until I was carrying a heavy garbage bag by the tie straps and they dug into my hand. The Fieldmaster had the perfect solution. :thumbsup::thumbsup: Certainly not the most glamorous use but carrying packages by their strings is precisely what the SAK's hook was designed to do. From now on I expect it will be getting some fairly regular use. I mean... the garbage does go out twice a week. :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
    paulhilborn, 315, jmh33 and 3 others like this.
  8. MTB

MTB

Jun 23, 2019
    I actually used the parcel hook and the fish scaler/hook remover on my SwissChamp to thread a draw string back into the bag it came out of. I used the hook remover to push the string most of the way through. The parcel hook was used to grab onto the knot at the end of the string and pull it the rest of the way. I love using the tools I always say I’ll hardly ever use.

jmh33, 315 and redsparrow like this.
  9. stevekolt

stevekolt Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2007
    Thanks, now you've convinced me that I NEED another knife ;)

redsparrow likes this.
  10. stevekolt

stevekolt Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2007
    I've only been carrying an SAK for a short time now. (Always had some other type of knife on me). Our band had a gig tonight, and my microphone clip kept wanting to point my mike at the floor. Out comes my Black Alox Cadet, ten seconds later I'm good to go. Felt really good to just take care of it without having to look for a screwdriver. I'm convinced.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
  11. A.L.

A.L.

Jun 27, 2007
    I used the corkscrew to pull off the ”safety spring” from bic lighter :D

MTB likes this.
  12. Spydergirl88

Spydergirl88

Dec 3, 2015
    Cavalier on snocone duty
    [​IMG]

jmh33, 315, Crazy Canuck and 3 others like this.
  13. Ace Rimmer

Ace Rimmer

Jul 4, 2017
    Went out to post some signs and first had to clear away some Chinese privet (up to 1" diameter), multiflora rose, and honeysuckle. I usually carry a Buck 112 and my Vic Walker, but this time I only had the Walker. It handled the job admirable, using both the saw and the blade. Back home I touched up the blade on my Vic pocket ceramic sharpener (the one that fits in your shirt pocket like a pen) and then a Vic mini steel, and it was quickly back to slicing phone book paper across the grain like it was brand new. (Next time I should at least carry my Ranger Grip 78!)

[​IMG]

14. Daedric Panther

Daedric Panther Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2019
    The can opener also works great for removing those little safety springs. That’s what I always use

A.L. likes this.
  15. Edm1

Edm1 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 27, 2013
    Used it to harvest some okra.

redsparrow, Ace Rimmer and Grateful like this.
  16. Grateful

Grateful Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 5, 2002
    I used my Climber to cut up a bandanna so I would have more rags and my Recruit to cut up a apple for a snack.

redsparrow and 315 like this.
  17. ScottK

ScottK Gold Member Gold Member

May 25, 1999
    Over the weekend I used the Explorer to cut weed trimmer line, open mail, cut food and cut some small errant shrubbery twigs. Also finally used the magnifying glass to read some fine print in a picture in the local newspaper.

So far this month I've been carrying the Explorer and I've used the main blade, small blade, scissors, inline philips screwdriver, can opener (to separate lego blocks) and large screwdriver, magnifying glass, awl, corkscrew and parcel hook . Also added a new leather lanyard. It's interesting insight on my personal use of the knife and it's tools might help me define my optimal SAK.

IMG_0611_edited.jpg

18. Jim Bob

Jim Bob

Apr 16, 2019
    Used the tweezers on my Tinker to pull a tick off my wifes leg. Used the awl to clean cat hair out of the glide on my carpet cleaning wand. Cut an apple and a sandwich. Cut a big slab of butter to cook my eggs in. I'm not sure how I survived without a SAK for the first 50 years of my life.

redsparrow, jmh33 and 315 like this.
  19. ScottK

ScottK Gold Member Gold Member

May 25, 1999
    Used my Explorer for all of the mundane daily cutting tasks - open food packages, opened the mail, cut a tomato, tightened a loose screw on a cabinet, used the micro screwdriver to tighten glasses screws.

jmh33 and redsparrow like this.
  20. fullbreakfast

fullbreakfast

Feb 19, 2006
    [​IMG]

I used the orange peeler on my Vagabond to peel an orange. I really should use my imagination a bit more...