What did you use your SAK for today?

I would also buy another especially if you had sort of planned on doing that anyway. Hopefully the new blade sharpness will last.

Otherwise, I might buy a small stone to sharpen it temporarily as I like the keep them reasonably sharp as sharpening SAKs isn't difficult. You can always use another sharpener, perhaps one you might pack with you on a camping trip.

Yes I will have a look for a portable/ field type sharpener to purchase, it's the one thing I'm missing from my assortment of sharpening gear. Will probably end up getting a Pioneer too as I really miss the one I lost!

Last edited:
We are also in the process of moving, we're relocating to the UK for a couple of years. My accumulation of knives got shipped off in the container 3 weeks ago and all I've had to rely on is my Vic Spartan.

After cutting lots of cardboard and tape during the packaging operation it is now serving as my sole kitchen knife too. Peeled and sliced potatoes this evening.

It's now blunt as a blunt thing and of course all my sharpening equipment is also in the container. It will be another 2 months before I'm reunited with my stuff so what to do? Buy a cheap field sharpener or some wet/dry sand paper and sharpen it? Or buy another SAK? I'm leaning towards the latter. Something Alox..

Sounds like the perfect excuse to buy another knife!! And maybe pick up a field sharpener while you’re there:thumbsup:

Thanks guys, I'd forgotten the coffee mug trick, it worked quite well. Looks like I'm back in business:

LXYTg73.jpg

A few days ago I cut my finger on a broadhead. :oops: At least this time it wasn't a knife. :thumbsup: Yesterday, I used the scissors on this Evogrip 16 to cut the bandages off. ** Only surgical scissors might have done a better job. :cool:

CKfZJNA.jpg

**(the screwdriver was not involved in the aforementioned procedure)

Last edited:
I've been surviving with just my Vic Spartan whilst I wait to move countries. Then I remembered I have a couple of old Wengers that are in a box with some other stuff that I was going to give away so I dug one out to help build a box for my Crossman 1377 that I sold and needed to mail to the buyer. I used the main blade to cut cardboard and the saw to make some reinforcing strips for the base and sides of the box:

5nnAKAz.jpg

SVsTqIU.jpg

ozaFBId.jpg

Today my wife and I cut up a bunch of cayennes for drying and smoking. She had an old Wenger, a Tinker style, I think. I used my old Alox Cadet. The spear point blade is perfect for the task.
Then I used my Classic to cut open a bag of hickory for the smoker. SAK all the way.
Cheers guys!

Used my farmer to cut foam seal tape for ceiling rails, and the large flat head for bending some metal tabs on rails I needed to remove. Also the can opener to rip into some mandarin skins

Got a new Pioneer x. Used it to cut string off my pants, open a bottle of Ale 8 for the kids and sharpened the blade the way I wanted it.

I haven't had a Ale 8 in years. Used to drink it all the time.

Got a Pioneer X for my bday last year. Great knife!

Back