What did you use your SAK for today?

My favorite use ;)...
f7s4s1l.jpg

First thing this morning I decided on cereal for breakfast. This would necessitate opening a fresh gallon of milk.:eek: Unfortunately none of my fingers were cooperating.:mad: They were acting much older than they actually are and would not grip the bottle's cap. I pulled a Vic Compact from my bathrobe pocket,:cool: selected the corkscrew and easily threaded it into the milk cap's retaining band. With one smooth pull the offending band was removed granting access to the milk. The milk was given freedom from the CAPtivity imposed by a nearly unrelenting jug.:) I enjoyed a pain free breakfast and in the process discovered an additional use for Vic's corkscrew.:thumbsup::thumbsup:
All around a good start to a mighty fine day.

pea5dtl.jpg

Carrying an Explorer today, I used the magnifier glass to read some fine print instructions to set a grandchild's watch, used the scissors to cut some price tags off the watch and used the screwdriver to open a battery compartment on a clock, used the screwdriver/caplifter to open up an auto key fob to replace the battery and finally used the main blade to open a food package.

IMG_0866_edited.jpg

Sorry, no pics. I used my Huntsman to slice turkey for my kids at the company get together. And then I used the #2 phillips/small flathead on the end of the can opener to take off the protective strip in front of my door so I could jimmy the deadbolt open with the large blade, because I didn't have my house key. Knife got a workout today.

image.jpeg My preferred tooth pick is a tapered stainless steel device with a decided curve. It can push and pull stuff that that is stuck between teeth. However, the plastic toothpick on my Mini Champ is great for spearing olives, pickled mushrooms, cocktail onions, etc. So I carry the Mini Champ to be a predator at parties featuring hors d'oeuvres.

Used my tinker small blade to open the packet of meat patties for burgers, the large blade to cut tomato and cheese, and to peel a carrot for grating . Also used the large screwdriver to take apart and reassembly a small side table. Oh, and the toothpick for post burger cleanup

Couldn't have timed it any better myself.

Got a new Cadet for Christmas and my wife gave me the classic..."Another knife..." speech.

She then proceeded to hang fresh hand towels up because company is coming by and the rack fell off the wall!

Here comes the cadet to the rescue.....

The flat head on the can opener worked perfectly.

iw33CS9.jpg

Another for me.

Last night of Hanukkah and melted candle wax from the night before had to be scraped out of he menorah to fit the new candles. Ended up using the nail file and cleaner.

I know its a bit of a reach, but I liked how the photo came out :)

1CI7jWg.jpg

AkayyuT.jpg

I cut twine off the hay to feed the cattle today and nearly every other day for the past 20 years. This poor knife has been through the mower conditioner and walked on by cows, but it keeps on doing its job with no fuss.
Hello fellow farmer. I've been doing similar I've used my outrider to open several silage bales and a few other things this morning. Will get used several more times again today before the day is done.

Back