1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

What did you use your SAK for today?

Discussion in 'Multi-tools & Multi-purpose Knives' started by Edm1, Apr 8, 2019.

1. sonofwilfred

sonofwilfred Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 23, 2015
    [​IMG]
    Opened a sealant tube.

2. 315

315 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Opened a surprise package from Australia today, compliments of @sonofwilfred

[​IMG]

Thanks Dan!!!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
    Smaug, A.L., redsparrow and 10 others like this.
  3. sonofwilfred

Jul 23, 2015
    [​IMG]
    I needed a small container to wash nozzles in, early this morning so I used my knife to cut open a bottle.

4. Sawl Goodman

Sawl Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 4, 2018
    After a long overdue and thorough cleaning of my heat pump's internal heat exchanger, I straightened bent fins (mostly predating my ownership) with the serrated Recruit's small blade.

Smaug, redsparrow, Storm 8593 and 5 others like this.
  5. sonofwilfred

Jul 23, 2015
    Recruits small sized blade or the small blade on the recruit is serrated, I'm interested.[​IMG]

6. sonofwilfred

Jul 23, 2015
    Sorry I just read it wrong I get it now... It's been a long day :)

Hairy Clipper and Sawl Goodman like this.
  7. Sawl Goodman

Sawl Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 4, 2018
    :p

The one in the pic, is it yours? A pity the serrated edge isn't a more common option on current 84mm and 91mm knives. I have a serrated Spartan (once called the Weekender) but I'd catch a serrated Tourist and serrated Camper if they were thrown at me. Closed, that is! :mad:

Should also mention I cut myself with the large blade :rolleyes:. Just a light tickle on the sharpener, and the serrated edge is deadly sharp.

8. Lee D

Lee D Basic Member Basic Member

May 27, 2013
    I swapped out 3 dead AA batteries in a LeapFrog toddler tablet last night for my granddaughter for a fresh set, and she was good to go. That little phillips is a life saver...and I was the hero.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
    Smaug, A.L., paulhilborn and 10 others like this.
  9. sonofwilfred

Jul 23, 2015
    Yes the serrated recruit is mine. I got a little excited reading your post. I thought maybe there was a serrated small blade available and I had missed it.
    Yes it's amazing how much difference a serrated edge makes, you really do need to be careful.

10. 22-rimfire

22-rimfire Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Found a new use for my Small Tinker yesterday.... I was at Walmart doing some shopping and bought a store made salad with a wrinkled UPC tag. The older cashier was having a devil of a time trying to scan it. After a couple tries he tried typing in the numbers into the register, but I think he had vision issues and kept getting it wrong. So, I covertly slipped my little SAK from my pocket and slid it under the UPC code and flattened it out..... worked like a charm! :D

Sounds like a job for a BK-9. That would raise some eye browls. Might be fun too.

I have been looking for a serrated Sentinel. Seems like they don't make it any more and it also seems that the plain edge One-Handed Trekker may be gone too.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2020
    Lee D, redsparrow, Storm 8593 and 4 others like this.
  11. 22-rimfire

22-rimfire Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2005
    They say a big blade can do anything a small blade can do. Not so sure a big blade would have worked in this case. Thin blades rule!

Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
    Lee D, Pomsbz, Storm 8593 and 3 others like this.
  12. Williamrage

Williamrage

Dec 6, 2012
    Yesterday, my classic and i cut some rope to help this little old lady at the store tie a piece of flooring down to the roof of her car. This morning, we made breakfast for the boys...well, we cut open a pavk of hot dogs and split them lengthwise for frying. And saved little girls day when we changed out the batteries on her toy steering wheel.

Smaug, Storm 8593, redsparrow and 4 others like this.
  13. Pomsbz

Pomsbz

Jul 31, 2015
    Cable ties, removing splinters, jerky, pastrami, pears, nectarines and kiwis. :)

Smaug, 22-rimfire, redsparrow and 4 others like this.
  14. sonofwilfred

Jul 23, 2015
    [​IMG]
    I cut off the safety rings on chemical drums for this evenings spray pass[​IMG]

Smaug, A.L., Storm 8593 and 12 others like this.
  15. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    AWESOME pic Dan:cool::cool::cool:

Hairy Clipper, jmh33 and sonofwilfred like this.
  16. sonofwilfred

Jul 23, 2015
    Thanks mate

Hairy Clipper likes this.
  17. 315

315 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Used the classic to scrape out some corrosion in a flashlight from a leaking battery....

[​IMG]

Smaug, Pt-Pinto, Pomsbz and 8 others like this.
  18. SteeleJ1976

SteeleJ1976

Jan 24, 2020
    That Tractor is fricking cool! That is a beautiful picture. What kind of farming do you do? How many SAKs do you have? What is your favorite one? Sorry for all the questions, just curious?

Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
  19. sonofwilfred

Jul 23, 2015
    Your very kind thankyou. We grow Walnuts. The sprayer on the back of my New Holland tractor is a WEEDSEEKER 2. It has some very smart technology that detects plants passing under it and only sprays 4 inches before and after the plant. On current data we will save $60,000 this year in chemical.
    Now the number of Swiss army knives I own is pretty high, a quick count-estimate of 200 in a four drawer tool chest plus I have quite a few of new in box so 250+[​IMG]
    My favourite would have to my camper my mum gave me. My very first Swiss Army Knife 1988.[​IMG]
    There all my favorites really. Hey I'm happy to talk to people who want to listen about my knives. I like showing them and using them. I like looking at everyone else's knives and uses for them too.
    Dan

Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
  20. SteeleJ1976

SteeleJ1976

Jan 24, 2020
    Dan, that is awesome! I love your pictures and that is cool your favorite is the Camper because of you Mom. The Camper is my second favorite after the Tinker. That toolbox full of SAKs is spectacular! Thank you for sharing all your pictures, answering all my questions, and the uses on your Walnut farm. That is cool about the GPS technology when applied to farming and the cost savings it can provide.