What did you use your SAK for today?

RsbeexJ.jpg

Opened a sealant tube.

Sorry I just read it wrong I get it now... It's been a long day :)
:p

The one in the pic, is it yours? A pity the serrated edge isn't a more common option on current 84mm and 91mm knives. I have a serrated Spartan (once called the Weekender) but I'd catch a serrated Tourist and serrated Camper if they were thrown at me. Closed, that is! :mad:

Should also mention I cut myself with the large blade :rolleyes:. Just a light tickle on the sharpener, and the serrated edge is deadly sharp.

I swapped out 3 dead AA batteries in a LeapFrog toddler tablet last night for my granddaughter for a fresh set, and she was good to go. That little phillips is a life saver...and I was the hero.

Last edited:
:p

The one in the pic, is it yours? A pity the serrated edge isn't a more common option on current 84mm and 91mm knives. I have a serrated Spartan (once called the Weekender) but I'd catch a serrated Tourist and serrated Camper if they were thrown at me. Closed, that is! :mad:

Should also mention I cut myself with the large blade :rolleyes:. Just a light tickle on the sharpener, and the serrated edge is deadly sharp.
Yes the serrated recruit is mine. I got a little excited reading your post. I thought maybe there was a serrated small blade available and I had missed it.
Yes it's amazing how much difference a serrated edge makes, you really do need to be careful.

Found a new use for my Small Tinker yesterday.... I was at Walmart doing some shopping and bought a store made salad with a wrinkled UPC tag. The older cashier was having a devil of a time trying to scan it. After a couple tries he tried typing in the numbers into the register, but I think he had vision issues and kept getting it wrong. So, I covertly slipped my little SAK from my pocket and slid it under the UPC code and flattened it out..... worked like a charm! :D

Sounds like a job for a BK-9. That would raise some eye browls. Might be fun too.

I have been looking for a serrated Sentinel. Seems like they don't make it any more and it also seems that the plain edge One-Handed Trekker may be gone too.

Last edited:
Found a new use for my Small Tinker yesterday.... I was at Walmart doing some shopping and bought a store made salad with a wrinkled UPC tag. The older cashier was having a devil of a time trying to scan it. After a couple tries he tried typing in the numbers into the register, but I think he had vision issues and kept getting it wrong. So, I covertly slipped my little SAK from my pocket and slid the blade under the UPC code, lifted, and flattened it out..... worked like a charm! :D

Sounds like a job for a BK-9. That would raise some eye browls. Might be fun too.
They say a big blade can do anything a small blade can do. Not so sure a big blade would have worked in this case. Thin blades rule!

Last edited:
Yesterday, my classic and i cut some rope to help this little old lady at the store tie a piece of flooring down to the roof of her car. This morning, we made breakfast for the boys...well, we cut open a pavk of hot dogs and split them lengthwise for frying. And saved little girls day when we changed out the batteries on her toy steering wheel.

oiNMn5f.jpg

I cut off the safety rings on chemical drums for this evenings spray pass
t5jkuKL.jpg
That Tractor is fricking cool! That is a beautiful picture. What kind of farming do you do? How many SAKs do you have? What is your favorite one? Sorry for all the questions, just curious?

Last edited:
That Tractor is fricking cool! That is a beautiful picture. What kind of farming do you do? How many SAKs do you have? What is your favorite one? Sorry for all the questions, just curious?
Your very kind thankyou. We grow Walnuts. The sprayer on the back of my New Holland tractor is a WEEDSEEKER 2. It has some very smart technology that detects plants passing under it and only sprays 4 inches before and after the plant. On current data we will save $60,000 this year in chemical.
Now the number of Swiss army knives I own is pretty high, a quick count-estimate of 200 in a four drawer tool chest plus I have quite a few of new in box so 250+
ebgGFYt.jpg

My favourite would have to my camper my mum gave me. My very first Swiss Army Knife 1988.
eCgx81R.jpg

There all my favorites really. Hey I'm happy to talk to people who want to listen about my knives. I like showing them and using them. I like looking at everyone else's knives and uses for them too.
Dan

Last edited:
Your very kind thankyou. We grow Walnuts. The sprayer on the back of my New Holland tractor is a WEEDSEEKER 2. It has some very smart technology that detects plants passing under it and only sprays 4 inches before and after the plant. On current data we will save $60,000 this year in chemical.
Now the number of Swiss army knives I own is pretty high, a quick count-estimate of 200 in a four drawer tool chest plus I have quite a few of new in box so 250+
ebgGFYt.jpg

My favourite would have to my camper my mum gave me. My very first Swiss Army Knife 1988.
eCgx81R.jpg

There all my favorites really. Hey I'm happy to talk to people who want to listen about my knives. I like showing them and using them. I like looking at everyone else's knives and uses for them too.
Dan

Dan, that is awesome! I love your pictures and that is cool your favorite is the Camper because of you Mom. The Camper is my second favorite after the Tinker. That toolbox full of SAKs is spectacular! Thank you for sharing all your pictures, answering all my questions, and the uses on your Walnut farm. That is cool about the GPS technology when applied to farming and the cost savings it can provide.

Back