What did you use your SAK for today?

Very cool. How did you make the char cloth?
I use a tin with a lid. The lid has a small hole poked in it. I half fill the tin with 2" squares of denim (old jeans) and I put the lid on and place it in some hot coals from a fire. Smoke comes out the small hole for a while as it heats up. When the smoke nearly stops it's time to take the tin off the coals. Let it cool down. Take the black cloth out and that's your finished product. If there is still colour in the material it's not done long enough and if the cloth is brittle it was done for too long. There's videos on the internet there pretty much all the same idea. The cloth will catch a spark and glow up nicely too but I use my magnifying glass because I can
Dan.

pRBdSfD.jpg

I tightened up the jaws on my vice.

Ha ha not wrong mate. John, every chance I get I use a Sak to fix something. It helps justifying having so many knives
So True Dan and many times it's hard to take a picture or I just simply forget:oops: but today I used the Small Tinker to pry up a clasp that connects two power cords together for a power reclining sofa and Loveseat then it cut strapping in a tight spot that a Utility knife couldn't reach. Honestly there is hardly a day at our store I don't use it:thumbsup:

Very COOL Hunstman pic:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
Day in the life of my EDC Spartan. The corkscrew was used to undo some knots from bank line used for a tarp roof I have over my balcony, I upgraded to a higher strength line (1000lbs strength). The bottle opener was used to force the midshipman's hitch as tight up the lines as possible to unsure the tarp is taut. The small blade was used for cutting and trimming the line. The can opener helped me change a plug, the small blade trimmed some shrink wrap for the cable, it was then used for cutting and trimming thread for a little leather book slip cover I made for a small pocket prayer book (I used my SAK Pruner straight blade for the leather, it's my go to hobby knife). The big blade was used for slicing Knockwurst and pickles I had for a light supper. Oh and I'm using the corkscrew as a fidget toy as I write this. :)

Back