What did you use your sebenza for today?

Very diverse day for the Mnandi today…

Cut the bands on two cases of copy paper, scraped dried paint off tile floor, opened blister pack for new shop flashlight and sliced some deer sausage for lunch. Pretty much normal pocket knife stuff.

Dcdavis Dcdavis I know you don't sharpen often, but you've done a great job with the edge of that knife. Appropriate geometry, edge bevel height is consistent and the tip is nice and pointy.

to open the envelope containing the gender of my new grandson. We are doing a gender reveal on Saturday so I got to see it early because I'm the one doing the reveal. Can't wait for him to get here so I can take him fishing and hunting and buy him his own knives!

Dcdavis Dcdavis I know you don't sharpen often, but you've done a great job with the edge of that knife. Appropriate geometry, edge bevel height is consistent and the tip is nice and pointy.
I haven’t sharpened it or stropped it once since I started carrying it this round. Still cuts just fine for my uses.

I just follow the factory edge with an Edge Pro. You’re giving me too much credit on sharpening skills 😁

Every year, about this time, I consider buying a sebenza. I have for the last 20+ years and never pulled the trigger. I am a knife user, not a collector, but have always admired the small sebenza starting with the regulars. No questions about the quality and design. Will I carry it? Will I use it? I don’t own a single modern folder and have carried the same small knife for years. I think if I find a decent 21 PJ user at a decent price I will pull the trigger this time. As I go through my annual debate, I enjoy this thread to see what other users are doing. I love to see a good knife at work. Thanks to the contributors.

Back