What did you use your sebenza for today?

Normal 1st time at work for a new knife stuff. If it wont cut high temp / pressure reinforced hot water hose or braided belts its just no good to me at work. This beauty passed with flying colors!
View attachment 2394113
View attachment 2394114View attachment 2394117View attachment 2394115

Nice pics!

I can't wait to hear what you think when you sharpen it for the first time; I was amazed at the results. I took mine to 600 grit, followed by VERY light ceramic honing and stropping; it is incredible the amount of bite the blade has.

11- 8 on hand,

Fairly accurate 🤣

I am still searching for the final Sebenza.

Found mine; the PJ 31 DP. It's perfect and I know this sound stupid in the knife community, but I really dont think I will buy another high end folder owning this perfect knife. I really think if not the best, it's one of the best pocket knives money can buy.

You cannot go wrong with the Sebenza as an only knife. I decided that I am so enamored with them that I wanted to put together a collection of the evolution of them.

I have all but one of the examples

P
Original
Regular

Im just missing a Classic. The 21 insingo is what I consider my actual edc along with my Mnandi. I bought the OP zaan just because I have always wanted one and the Inkosi is my beater, yard work, woods knife.

Once I find the Classic I’ll be done. Ill not buy another knife for me but I wont rule out a gift to others now and then.

Last edited:
Found mine; the PJ 31 DP. It's perfect and I know this sound stupid in the knife community, but I really dont think I will buy another high end folder owning this perfect knife. I really think if not the best, it's one of the best pocket knives money can buy.
That does not sound stupid. The Sebenza is a search ending knife. I could buy more knives, but why?

I was too excited to take pics of me using my 31 to open the P and Inkosi yesterday. I also made a huge mistake we Sebenza owners know better than to do…

I have the only sharp knife in the office and everyone knows this…a vendor brought us a hickory farms meat and cheese basket for Christmas. All the suits were trying to cut summer sausage with a plastic fork when the leasing manager ask to borrow my “ bid scary knife”

I opened my 31 dammy and handed it to her, they sliced up the sausage and a bit later the GM brings me my knife, pretty clean but open because you know…sissy!
He than says that it looks very interesting and asks what one costs……and I freaking told him! Damnit!…and it was so ff to the races with the disbelief and 2 hours of “ you know what I could buy for that” by everyone in the office!

I’m an idiot.

Last edited:
I was too excited to take pics of me using my 31 to open the P and Inkosi yesterday. I also made a huge mistake we Sebenza owners know better than to do…

I have the only sharp knife in the office and everyone knows this…a vendor brought us a hickory farms meat and cheese basket for Christmas. All the suits were trying to cut summer sausage with a plastic fork when the leasing manager ask to borrow my “ bid carry knife”

I opened my 31 dammy and handed it to her, they sliced up the sausage and a bit latter my the GM brings me my knife, pretty clean but open because you know…sissy!
He than says that it looks very interesting and asks what one costs……and I freaking told him! Damnit!…and it was so ff to the races with the disbelief and 2 hours of “ you know what I could buy for that” by everyone in the office!

I’m an idiot.

At least you didn’t mention how many of them you own and the cumulative cost… they would have immediately tested you “for cause”

I have the only sharp knife in the office and everyone knows this…a vendor brought us a hickory farms meat and cheese basket for Christmas. All the suits were trying to cut summer sausage with a plastic fork when the leasing manager ask to borrow my “ bid scary knife”

I opened my 31 dammy and handed it to her, they sliced up the sausage and a bit later the GM brings me my knife, pretty clean but open because you know…sissy!

I’m an idiot.
I'm discreet, but some people at the office know I'm the knife guy. Recently, I was in a conference room with a co-worker who asked to use my knife. I started to comply, when I saw him fiddling with the bottom of a laptop. A screw was loose and he wanted to tighten it!! I said, "bro ,you are not using my $600 pocket knife as a damn screw driver. "

It was a mistake! Should have just said "no".

I handed my Inkosi to my boss the other day when he needed a knife to cut something he was trying to cut with a fork.

He used it, didn't seem to notice anything. After he handed it back to me stopped and did a double take and said "that wasn't just a normal pocket knife, was it?" then added "I have never cut something like that so effortlessly".

The nice 21 that I got from Kettleman Kettleman accompanied on some cutting and splitting today.

The 21 was just along for the ride - but - I felt good having a CRK in my pocket... even though this was not the one I intended to bring :)

Actually, I did not intend to carry this one, simply forgot it was in my pocket until I took the chaps off... its almost too nice to carry.

Attachments

• sebenza21_2.png
    sebenza21_2.png
    543.4 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Back