What did your SAK do today?

Today, the little ones all got sharpened!!
Ambassador,Executive,Mini-Champ,Rambler,Rogue and Rally!

A few weeks ago at one of the basketball leagues I work, one of the players asked to use my air pump. The needle broke off in the ball (how????) and I couldn't get it out with my hands or teeth. :D
Alox Bantam to the rescue! The needle fits snugly in the wire stripper.

Super Tinker: Trimmed fingernails, tightened screws on cabinet handles in my kitchen, and got stropped on cardboard.

My new black alox pioneer held still so i could weave a paracord boxweave through the ring. The paracord is orange and black. I stripped out the 7 strands so the lanyard will be the same thickness as the knife. And it looks awwwweeessoommmee.
John

Removing Christmas decorations, I used the wire cutter on my SwissTool RS to snip the wire strand holding greens and holly on our mailbox (one of our neighbors kindly decorated several mailboxes on our street this year with her creative arrangements!)

Yesterday I used the orange peeler blade on my Executive to... peel an orange.

My lovely wife even knew to ask if I wanted my little black SAK for the task, bless her. Of course, she was finished peeling her orange long before I was done mine, but that's not really the point, is it?

Opened the bubble pack of my new hardwood spartan with my Vic compact and cut a cardboard pattern for my wife to use for quilting. Yesterday opened and sliced some cheese with compact.

My lightly modded Outdoorsman plus got a bit of a workout today.

Had to go up in the attic to run cable for my son's new t.v. mounted to the wall. Had to cut several pieces of packaging open, clip some zip ties to trim them down, had to cut some sheetrock with the woodsaw, had to mark some things with the ink pen, had to use that muti purpose hook (finally) to grab the cable through the small hole cut in the sheetrock to fish it through, used the fish scaler to clean wood shavings out of a hole I had to drill through the top sill (that took forever due to hitting a nail)......all in cramped quarters.

Spooked a squirrel while I was up there, found the nest, ran her out, ensured there were no young, sealed up the hole, cut some more stuff in the process, tightened up some screws with the flathead blade, and then had to use the phillips driver to re-position the daggum flatscreen mount when the locking bar hit the coaxial cable.

Lots of work with it today. Matter of fact, I need to find it and strop the edges. Lots to do tomorrow.

Used the screw driver on the end of the orange peeler on my Executive to tighten up my lansky in order to sharpen my Paramilitary 2. The edge got out of whack from hand sharpening a few times.

Super Tinker: Used screwdriver blade to unjam a stapler and scissors trimmed my finger nails.

Can opener on the Climber came to the rescue while preparing several dishes for a carry-in dinner yesterday, when the pull tab came off the lid of a can of pintos leaving the lid securely attached to the can.

I called out to my wife who was in another room to bring me a SAK from my desk. She replied "Which one?" (Fieldmaster and Climber were both avaliable). I said it didn't matter, then I remembered the Gardener was also there, so I replied, "Not the long skinny one."

Last edited:
Used the awl on my Tinker to start pilot holes for hanging up a dozen picture frames. The philips driver took a turn or two as well, literally, but the heavy work was done with an actual screwdriver. Still, I wouldn't have done as good a job nearly as easily without that awl.

I regularly use the Victorinox Classic to trim my beard or fingernails. I also use the toothpick every now and then. I try to avoid using the blade (to keep it sharp for emergencies), and usually use the nail file for opening packages and whatnot (it goes through tape passably well).

The Huntsman (that I carry daily) deals with bigger knife chores. Though I still try not to use the blades for opening packages (I prefer to use the can opener for that). I use the screwdriver on the bottle opener for slotted screws, and as a prybar if I need to do some light prying. Sadly, the scissors on this knife are in sad shape, so I may take it apart and scavenge the parts for a custom build.

Today I modded my Forrester after warming up to the corkscrew and carried it. Never was much of a corkscrew carrier until it came the time I was gonna get some and I needed to open some white merlot. I love the red scales with the grip on the Forrester, but I miss the T&T. So, I traded the camo scales on my OHT. Now I can pick my teeth, pull splinters, open wine and screw at the same time. And backed it up with an Alox Soldier in the vest pocket - POW!!! and a Hiker in the truck - POW!!!!

Yesterday I unstuck a glue bottle with the awl, opened the mail, opened a can of tuna for lunch, and made short work of a stubborn banana. Super Tinker!

Back