What did your SAK do today?

On vacation used my modified Vic Compact scissors and hook to cut up and pack some tobacco into a paper

Oh, before I left a lady at work had a retirement party and someone brought a case of Martinellis. Well there was no bottle opener so someone asked me because they know i'm always carrying stuff. Compact combo tool got the task done. A little cumbersome but it worked! Hey better than teeth or the edge of a table right? Plus they all bubbled over so after the first one surprised me I was able to carefully bleed the air out of the others.

Last edited:
Yesterday, my bantam sacrificed itself cutting through a cable that wasn't supposed to be hot.

I've got another on the way.

MqpqGqDl.jpg

OUCH!!!! Glad your ok! That looks like one heck of a shock was had. Anything else damaged?

It was a momentary light show but I didn't feel anything.
The piece of equipment on the other end probably took a hit but it was a tear out/disposal so it didn't really matter.

Yesterday, my bantam sacrificed itself cutting through a cable that wasn't supposed to be hot.

Sorry for the loss of your Bantam, but glad that was all you lost. My son nearly witnessed the loss of his father when I hit a hot wire several years ago installing a 220 line for a new clothes dryer. Fortunately it threw me off, but my heart did not regain a regular rhythm for hours.

Sorry for the loss of your Bantam, but glad that was all you lost. My son nearly witnessed the loss of his father when I hit a hot wire several years ago installing a 220 line for a new clothes dryer. Fortunately it threw me off, but my heart did not regain a regular rhythm for hours.

Ouch that sounds like a close call!

Indeed, closer than I ever hope to come again.

And for far more pedestrian chores, yesterday I used the scissors of my Climber to remove tags from a new sport coat I just purchased.

I used the hook on my Super Tinker to get a set of keys out from between a car seat and the center console. My hand was just too big to get down in there!

I've got another on the way.

MqpqGqDl.jpg

That is the most awesome picture ever...

As for what my SAK did today, I used the pliers to remove the metal cover of an adjustable butane lighter so I can move the ring and make the flame bigger. :)

8zfsj.jpg

Today I used my Spartan to open a can of soup for lunch and used the large screwdriver tighten a bolt on a wheelchair. Rather boring actually

Last edited:
Just found this thread so I'll add yesterday as well.

Yesterday my Swisstool removed the under-counter screws (Philips) so I could help my dad remove their dishwasher (replacing it). I also removed the water line connected to their fridge (replacing it too) using the pliers.

Today I removed a filing cabinet from underneath a cube desk and put it back. Two Philips screws.

I worked on another cube with the driver later this morning.

I love my Swisstool and don't go anywhere without it. I use the blade for cutting stuff all the time, as well as the scissors. It's hands-down the BEST multitool I've ever owned.

My new Bantam helped brew a batch of beer; a Surly Bender clone.
Several bags of grain to open, some bags of hops and perhaps the most important task, opening refreshments.

Does laying in the pocket ready to work count as doing something? I would think so. :D

You bet it does. Some days that's all mine does tho mine is hanging in my pocket thanks to my handy lanyard. Thanks again for that Ash.
Today at work I used my sak to break down a few boxes. Not very exciting but it had to be done.
Jim

Unfortunately, very light duty today. Used the scissors in my Climber to trim my moustache. As soon as I remember to buy some flints for my Zippo pipe lighter I will be using the screwdriver to install a new one.

Used the small Phillips driver on my Alox Pioneer to put up a new employee of the month on our plaque at work (restaurant manager).

Back