What folders are the Beckerheads carrying?

I've been carrying the Link for a few weeks. I like it, though it does ride a little high in the pocket for my tastes. Waiting for someone to make a deep pockets clip for it...IMG_20160209_160840.jpg

Last edited:
going on a year now when I can carry a folder this is it.

the S30V really stands up to EDC

IMG_20160217_184144906_zpspporhahd.jpg

I've been carrying a Buck Vantage Pro for two years and am pretty sure it's been stolen. Looking for a little nicer replacement. ZT0350, ZT0566, or Spyderco PM2. Any thoughts? I basically use it constantly at work and home. I'm not too concerned about office friendly, because I just don't care what people think.

Don't forget about the ZT 550 and 560!
Those are my 2 favorite of the ZT lineup.

I tried the 550 for a bit, but didn't really like it. I prefer to have a flipper or some means of opening it I've handed. Maybe it was a problem with the one I had, but I couldn't get it open with the thumb studs.

The Spyderco has the nicest blade for general EDC, while ZT has the thicker blades for more hardcore prying use. If you can use the compression lock (i.e. not left-handed) I'd say the Spyderco for sure. The flippers get boring, but the Spydie-hole never gets old, and the nicer slicing blade pays for itself in due time by lowering fatigue during use.

I've been carrying a Buck Vantage Pro for two years and am pretty sure it's been stolen. Looking for a little nicer replacement. ZT0350, ZT0566, or Spyderco PM2. Any thoughts? I basically use it constantly at work and home. I'm not too concerned about office friendly, because I just don't care what people think.

I'm going to agree with Jonny and recommend the 0560. super smooth flipping and a really stout blade. Also the BM Contego, openable with either hand - or the ZT 0630 (or 0620) with the Wave feature; they can be opened by just pulling them out of your pocket.....which surprises the shit out of most people. If you want to try the 0350 on the cheap, PM me - I've got one I probably should move along.

All good choices. I may know someone with an extra pm2 if you decide to go that way. Check our a ZT 0801 as well. Pretty awesome knife!

Spyderco Endura 4, with an aftermarket deep carry titanium clip. I've never really liked carrying knives clipped to my pocket until I tried a deep carry clip. Now I carry this Endura almost every day, unless I'm wearing dress slacks, in which case I opt for a Spyderco Dragonfly.

I'm going to agree with Jonny and recommend the 0560. super smooth flipping and a really stout blade. Also the BM Contego, openable with either hand - or the ZT 0630 (or 0620) with the Wave feature; they can be opened by just pulling them out of your pocket.....which surprises the shit out of most people. If you want to try the 0350 on the cheap, PM me - I've got one I probably should move along.

All good choices. I may know someone with an extra pm2 if you decide to go that way. Check our a ZT 0801 as well. Pretty awesome knife!

Appreciate both of the offers, and the recommendations for everyone. I almost jumped on the 0561 in the MP last night. I like the look and feel of the ZTs, but the slimmer PM2 feels a little slimmer for pocket space. I typically carry one knife until I wear it out, so buying a new one so "soon" after the lat is a new thing for me.

Looking a bit at the 801 and 450, now, too. I like the slicier blade with the ZT beef. Hopefully I can find one to handle before I make the decision.

Last edited:
Appreciate both of the offers, and the recommendations for everyone. I almost jumped on the 0561 in the MP last night. I like the look and feel of the ZTs, but the slimmer PM2 feels a little slimmer for pocket space. I typically carry one knife until I wear it out, so buying a new one so "soon" after the lat is a new thing for me.

Looking a bit at the 801 and 450, now, too. I like the slicier blade with the ZT beef. Hopefully I can find one to handle before I make the decision.

The 801 is a great blade. Carries sell and the elmax holds an edge for a long time. My 801 is the best flipper I've used. The 450 is on my short list. It looks like it would be a great knife.

My 0560 might be the only knife I like more than my BK9. :thumbup:

ntPSQp3.jpg

WoqyGpk.jpg

sab54fK.jpg

F155oKx.jpg

Mmmm yep love my beefy zt's. was thinking of getting one professionally reground with a thinner edge to test out.

WP_003603_zpspwkqivlh.jpg

IMG_20160118_131606447_zpshehf3dwl.jpg

for the price you can pick up 0801's....its amazaballs.

I have a few ZTs, love them all. The 0560, the 0801 and the 0808 get the most pocket time. The 0560 is a no nonsense large folder, the 0801 is a great edc and the 0808 is just too damn pretty of a knife. Did I mention I also have a 0801BW? Yeah, its that good.

Today, carried the 0808 with a BK24. Great combination for the office.

Back