What folders are the Beckerheads carrying?

xdayv_1DM3245_0416-web.jpg

xdayv_1DM3117_0416-web.jpg

Very nice. I was able to handle a Chris Reeve for the first time on Friday and now I understand what they're about. Pure refined function on those.

GSOM, how's the quality on that Fox Karambit? Kinda been feeling like picking one of the folding ones up. Between that and the Emerson.

GSOM, how's the quality on that Fox Karambit? Kinda been feeling like picking one of the folding ones up. Between that and the Emerson.

Quality is pretty excellent. Locks up tight, though the overall grip is a bit large. For an Emerson wave deployment, it's great - and a fair bit less $$ than an actual Emerson. Also check out the Mantis Karambit: I have one and it's quite unique in its design an seems to be a very well engineered piece. The Fox was a massdrop special. I'm happy with it.

Quality is pretty excellent. Locks up tight, though the overall grip is a bit large. For an Emerson wave deployment, it's great - and a fair bit less $$ than an actual Emerson. Also check out the Mantis Karambit: I have one and it's quite unique in its design an seems to be a very well engineered piece. The Fox was a massdrop special. I'm happy with it.
+1 on the gigantogrip on the Fox kerambits-they seem really nicely done and I understand why they're big, but they're kinda awkward if you're used to k-bits that "fit".

Very nice. I was able to handle a Chris Reeve for the first time on Friday and now I understand what they're about. Pure refined function on those.
Thanks. And be careful, once you touched it, there's no more looking back. [emoji6]

GSoM, how do you like the Urban Trapper? I might have a trade worked out for one, and I am unsure how I feel it will match my daily usage.
How would yu classify it? Light user, dress knife? Under appreciated?

Under appreciated EDC knife that could be a dress knife if you are ok with a clip on your dress pants...

Under appreciated EDC knife that could be a dress knife if you are ok with a clip on your dress pants...
Kinda what he said. It's a GREAT knife to have as a dress folder; it's slim, has a nice action and, on mine at least, a very short and discreet titanium deep carry clip. And, it's got a very good size, very sharp blade. Plus, it doesn't seem to scare the sheeple so much. IMO it'd be good to trade into. Mine's the Ti version - tho the CF one looks really nice, too.

I do not think this means what you think it means....that looks like the Manix 2 XL, no? Or maybe it's the original Manix and I don't know diddly.

That is the original Manix. The backlock is the giveaway. The Manix2 and Manix2XL have the CBBL. I think that the foliage green ones were a sprint run.

When I'm not in a S&T or lightweight dress slacks, I'm more and more carrying the Benchmade Adamas. It's one heck of a folder ... just not a fan of the clip.

When I'm not in a S&T or lightweight dress slacks, I'm more and more carrying the Benchmade Adamas. It's one heck of a folder ... just not a fan of the clip.

Step 1: find a Benchmade clip that you Do like.
Step 2: shoot an email to benchmade saying that you bent your (insert found model # here), and ask how to go about buying a new clip.
Step 3: wait for the postman to drop off your new clips. Often, they don't even charge, but to curb abuse prior to it becoming commonplace, they will send you clips of your model, not the one you want (which is why you say yours is the one you want the clip of, not the 810).
------
Neff and GSoM,
Thanks guys. I will be heading up to inspect the knife in about two weeks and see if I want it. I just want to see how it was regarded by others that I trust the opinion of.

I am thinking that it will be akin to a thinner Benchmade 943.

I do not think this means what you think it means....that looks like the Manix 2 XL, no? Or maybe it's the original Manix and I don't know diddly.

Right now I have the BM Contego in my pocket (it's the top one :rolleyes:). Big, beefy and beautiful:

"I do not think this means what you think it means" what does this mean???? And yes, it's the original Manix, albeit a sprint run in forest green, I think.

ETA: just noticed bearfacedkiller beat me to it.

Back