What folders are the Beckerheads carrying?

Today my PM2 with new micata scales.
The Becker micarta made me want some micarta in my folders too :D..

7aHE5s0hl_0qkyHma-VsW5A4c80oseP0bjQw2CK-6CHklQbX4bpt4q02vCRfA2cloGYz6_8yXEcEr-OqGiHEm9ClTxEiWezth7IxAfF9HhPO8484dywwVRAGuI9c2Oo_3ESQMC1M5YU=w900-h900

Anyone see micarta for the BK40? Gues thats not gonna happen for folders in that price range. Would make a nice improvement though... Taking it to another level even.

Ever use one? :D
Lol. Not really, no. I modded a BK16 and played with it a bit before mailing it to a buddy. The BK3 lives in my car pack. I just don’t go camping anymore. Used to do backpacking trips all over the North cascades and around central WA. Got married and became domesticated when I was about thirty. Gave away my backpack, skis, snowboard, stove, etc. I guess I have them because I wish I’d had them back in my backpacking days. All I had back then were worthless little REI pull-saws that always snapped on me. 😭

It's all good man, haha. Moosez45 used to do the same thing to me, just carrying on the tradition. Early on, I used to say how awesome they were, good they worked, etc, and it was clear by my photographs that I hadn't ever used one, haha. :D

It's all good man, haha. Moosez45 used to do the same thing to me, just carrying on the tradition. Early on, I used to say how awesome they were, good they worked, etc, and it was clear by my photographs that I hadn't ever used one, haha. :D
Lol. It’s all good. I do all kinds of mental gymnastics to justify buying bushcrafty stuff. The reality is that I just enjoy collecting. We live on a greenbelt, and in my mind, I imagine processing the next tree that falls down like a total boss. I restored about thirty old axes this year, and they’re all parked with a business partner except for a few that I couldn’t bear to part with.

I witnessed my neighbor attempting to process a fallen tree with a chef’s knife several years ago. I loaned him some orchard loppers and a homeowners saw. That was kind of the beginning of my quest to have more theoretical bases covered.

I always hear so many stories of Kimbers being unreliable. Never shot one or even held one but I imagine they wouldnt sell as well as they do if they were (espeically for amount they cost). Provided they do work well they seem like really quality build beatifully craft 1911's.
As tanglediver tanglediver stated, these types of 1911’s do have a break-in period. I bought mine used and immediately put 150 rounds through it to ensure reliability. It passed with flying colors.

FWIW, my Kershaw Leek with blue aluminum scales is always close at hand in my pocket EDC. I used to carry a small CRKT M-16 Tanto. Good size. I like the Kit Carson design a lot. I also have a much larger version as a pack knife. There's just something seductive about the Leek that makes it hard to leave in the dresser drawer.
If I'm out in the woods I swap it out with an Ontario Rat-1A assisted opening. The grip and blade orientation is really nice. Love it.
I have a Kershaw Blur Tanto that is a pack knife, but a little too hefty for my taste carrying in the pocket.
I keep a SOG Trident tanto handy in the truck visor.
Those are my favorites.

Back