What happens with my warranty after Jerry dies?

Well, Busse knives are guaranteed against any and all unintentional major damage for life. That is for the life of the knife and not that of the owner.

However, I am young and I realize that, with the frequency I resharpen my Busse, the knife most likely live even more than myself. Now Jerry is older than I am and will likely die sooner than me and almost sure sooner than my knife. šŸ¤”

Everyone on the internet that confessed to call Busse Combat for a warranty claim said that Jerry talked with them over the phone. What if Jerry dies or sells his business? ...especially considering that there is no written contractual obligation, so that's more of a verbally agreed warranty that is as strong as the person behind it... šŸ¤” I hope he never dies, but who knows...

Any thoughts?

Well, that wasnā€™t very subtleā€¦.

My understanding is that Busse Combat is a family company. Scrap Yard is run my Jerryā€™s brother, Dan. I believe Jerryā€™s wife is the head honcho of the shipping department, though I could be mistaken. Then, theres Jerryā€™s two sons, Paul and Luke. Both have already shown some interest in the family business, having designed the P&L statement. If I were to wager a guess, I would assume all parties involved hope the family will continue to carry the torch well after Boss Hog eventually moves on to greener pastures in the very distant future. If not, wellā€¦.

Last edited:
TpUYXks.jpeg

Well, Busse knives are guaranteed against any and all unintentional major damage for life. That is for the life of the knife and not that of the owner.

However, I am young and I realize that, with the frequency I resharpen my Busse, the knife most likely live even more than myself. Now Jerry is older than I am and will likely die sooner than me and almost sure sooner than my knife. šŸ¤”

Everyone on the internet that confessed to call Busse Combat for a warranty claim said that Jerry talked with them over the phone. What if Jerry dies or sells his business? ...especially considering that there is no written contractual obligation, so that's more of a verbally agreed warranty that is as strong as the person behind it... šŸ¤” I hope he never dies, but who knows...

Any thoughts?
Congrats on your first post. Iā€™m pretty sure Busse Combat will remain a strong American business even after Jerry is no longer on the active team. I mean the clown is gone and I can still take back McNuggets.

Dudeā€¦ Itā€™s not like a company will definitely go crash and burn without the founder o_O

I get the concern, like when Eric Fehrman quit the knife business and the ā€œlifetimeā€ warranty ended. But Busse is a much larger operation. And besides, as long as you donā€™t beat the knife with an iron rod. Your knife will outlast you.

I am sure there are enough Busse family members along with loyal employees, like Garth and more that there is no way the company will go out of business any time soon. If it does, then your knives will be worth tons more than they are now, like a picaso

Needs to be said though that the OP is making life expectancy statements as if he knows something - "Now Jerry is older than I am and will likely die sooner than me and almost sure sooner than my knife. " šŸ¤” Knock on wood dude! All the best. :thumbsup:

Wow, I am astonished how many of you replied so quickly. Thank you so much to all of you.

I'm not making life expectancy statements about me or Jerry; just about the knife. šŸ˜ I have just slept for a decade and a half and upon my wakeup I realize that many of my knives are in the same shape they were 15 years ago, while everything else in the industry changed:

* knifetests.com and cutleryscience disappeared; nobody talks about Cliff Stamp or Noss anymore;
* a lady wearing glasses is the survival champ of audience on YT;
* a kid named Joe X is the most viral knife destroyer;
* some Europeans with a shop named "Deutsch Bushcraft Knives" are champions of audience about knives on YT
* Cold Steel considers batoning to be abuse šŸ¤Ŗ
* Lynn Thompson sold Cold Steel (I never thought I will ever see this happening)
* on the box of the currently issued Cold Steel Bushman is written: "anything can fail if you exert enough force, please don't misuse this knife" (while on mine it is still written "may you destroy it from any reason within 3 years of purchase, we will replace it no questions asked)
* Mora makes full tang knives of 3 mm thickness; šŸ˜µā€šŸ’«
* Mora has a competitor that makes scandi knives just as good at even lower prices šŸ˜Æ
* the Mora clipper is now called "Companion"
* Busse started to use powder steels
* Busse started to make hollow ground knives
..... and this is just a piece of what happens in this crazy future. šŸ˜µ

So I am surprised that Jerry is still the one who responds at the phone when warranty claims are raised. And that INFI and the words "Battle Mistress" are still in the business.

Imo, there are no other fixed blades that compare to the Busse designs alone....that Fusion Handle by itself is just Iconic.
I just dont see Busse going anywhere - I would fully expect both Paul & Luke to take over the business one day, just as Eric Glessar has with and from his dad, Sal Glessar, of Spyderco. It's such a good business....

Back