What happens with my warranty after Jerry dies?

Obviously its for your lifetime not his, to make sure he can honor it... Well the ninjas are headed to your location now...

Pretty sure Buck warranty has and will outlive us all. Busse can be the same. And. I wonder what warranty issues one could expect on say a 15 year old Busse anyway?
Good question!

If the knife has already been used in all ways and nothing happened to it, I cannot expect anything further. But I am pretty sure of two situations:

1. Many people buy these knives just to hang them on a wall. After they die, the people who inherit them may start using and get surprises in case there was any factory detail that could not be observed by eye.

2. Material degradation with time is something interesting to observe. For example some rubbers become either sticky or brittle as they age. Will Respirene become like that in.... let's say 150 years? 🤔

Everything in life goes away eventually and no-one can predict when.

There will come a time when there will be no one to honour your Busse Warranty.
Will that happen in your lifetime? Who knows........
Will you outlive Jerry and the company? Who knows..........

What I can tell you, from the benefit of 60 years on the planet and having seen a fair amount, is that life is about living and being in it.
If you are going to parse every decision you make with doubt and fear about what may never happen then you will experience nothing, go nowhere, and miss out on it all.

Everything in life comes with risk, chance, and the possibility of failure and disappointment.

If you feel that buying a Busse is not in your interests as the knife may break and you may need the warranty and at that time it's not available to you, then possibly you should buy something else that does not carry that risk.
What you will buy is beyond me as everything carries that risk but so be it.

In my 20 years on BF the number of times the warranty has been used versus the number of knives sold is miniscule.
Busse's are phenomenal knives proved in the harshest conditions and on the battlefield.
While I am not a particularly heavy user of my Busse's I have never had need of the warranty in over 20 years of ownership across multiple knives.

The choice is all up to you.

Well, Busse revolutionized the knife industry with it's unconditional warranty well over 30 years ago. In the 90's he literally replaced a BM that was used as a jackhammer bit to break a concrete driveway up. But if a company goes out of business the lifetime warranty will not likely be honored by the new owners.
I will say this, warranty has never entered into my decision making process when buying a knife. My primary criteria is quality, design, materials. Warranty is down on my list.

Well, Busse revolutionized the knife industry with it's unconditional warranty well over 30 years ago. In the 90's he literally replaced a BM that was used as a jackhammer bit to break a concrete driveway up. But if a company goes out of business the lifetime warranty will not likely be honored by the new owners.
I will say this, warranty has never entered into my decision making process when buying a knife. My primary criteria is quality, design, materials. Warranty is down on my list.
Agreed. But it is really nice to tell a prospective buyer that the company warranty transfers with the knife regardless of how many owners or current condition of the knife. 🤙
I have hope that Maddie, Paul, & Luke will team up to continue Busse Combat/SRKW, SYKCO. The P&L Statement has awesome ergos & Maddie has martial arts training. I think they would do very well collaborating on new models. 🙂

As for our warranty, we should have you covered!

Busse Combat is set up to continue on long after I am gone.

Hopefully, it will be about 30 more years before I go to the great knifemaking shop in the sky!

Currently, there are 6 Busses on the schedule, along with 5 Reckners, with more on their way!

Add to that, another batch of regulars who plan on having their kids work here, and Busse Combat should be a generational knife shop that will carry on for the next 2,000 years!!! 😄

Luckily, they are all very young!

Let's Drink!

Jerry.

It’s been 5 years or so that Jerry stopped doing knife shows and he hasn’t been seen in public since. It’s possible that he’s already long gone and Garth or someone else is running things now.

Pretty sure Buck warranty has and will outlive us all. Busse can be the same. And. I wonder what warranty issues one could expect on say a 15 year old Busse anyway?

As for our warranty, we should have you covered!

Busse Combat is set up to continue on long after I am gone.

Hopefully, it will be about 30 more years before I go to the great knifemaking shop in the sky!

Currently, there are 6 Busses on the schedule, along with 5 Reckners, with more on their way!

Add to that, another batch of regulars who plan on having their kids work here, and Busse Combat should be a generational knife shop that will carry on for the next 2,000 years!!! 😄

Luckily, they are all very young!

Let's Drink!

Jerry.
See, I'm no dummy. Sometimes.

Back