What happens with my warranty after Jerry dies?

It would be a lot funnier if I wasn't the one who was dying here!!! o_O

Let's Drink!

Jerry

What I want to know is, when Jerry shuffles off his mortal coil, will the supply increase and price decrease for scotch and bourbon?
No rush Bossman, but seriously, save some for the rest of us!

As for our warranty, we should have you covered!

Busse Combat is set up to continue on long after I am gone.

Hopefully, it will be about 30 more years before I go to the great knifemaking shop in the sky!

Currently, there are 6 Busses on the schedule, along with 5 Reckners, with more on their way!

Add to that, another batch of regulars who plan on having their kids work here, and Busse Combat should be a generational knife shop that will carry on for the next 2,000 years!!! 😄

Luckily, they are all very young!

Let's Drink!

Jerry.
Oh, thank you, sir, for this encouraging answer!

I definitely feel more confident than before, but there is still a missalignment: from what I read onto the bussecombat website, it doesn't state anywhere that "the life" of the knife is limited to 2000 years. 😲 Should I understand from your answer that it is? 🤔

Oh, thank you, sir, for this encouraging answer!

I definitely feel more confident than before, but there is still a missalignment: from what I read onto the bussecombat website, it doesn't state anywhere that "the life" of the knife is limited to 2000 years. 😲 Should I understand from your answer that it is? 🤔

We'll need to look into that . . . It'll probably take us about "two weeks" to get that fixed!

Let's Drink!

Jerryu

Agreed. But it is really nice to tell a prospective buyer that the company warranty transfers with the knife regardless of how many owners or current condition of the knife. 🤙
I have hope that Maddie, Paul, & Luke will team up to continue Busse Combat/SRKW, SYKCO. The P&L Statement has awesome ergos & Maddie has martial arts training. I think they would do very well collaborating on new models. 🙂
Yeah...
Says the man with 27 of each model that was not a limited production run or a one off...

As for our warranty, we should have you covered!

Busse Combat is set up to continue on long after I am gone.

Hopefully, it will be about 30 more years before I go to the great knifemaking shop in the sky!

Currently, there are 6 Busses on the schedule, along with 5 Reckners, with more on their way!

Add to that, another batch of regulars who plan on having their kids work here, and Busse Combat should be a generational knife shop that will carry on for the next 2,000 years!!! 😄

Luckily, they are all very young!

Let's Drink!

Jerry.
Yup!
You get them addicted to JW Blue at the very young age and teach them that JWB comes from a dispenser that a freshly ground, HT'd and handled knives are resulting in a pour... the BC Co will go forever...

It's a simple thing...
when Jerry passes on to the land of endless JWB & grinders everywhere...
all of INFI, SR-101, SR-77 will just turn into dust and flake away... without the 100% match DNA alive of the vital components of those steels... they'll just turn ito dust...

I am sure there are enough Busse family members along with loyal employees, like Garth and more that there is no way the company will go out of business any time soon. If it does, then your knives will be worth tons more than they are now, like a picaso
^^^THIS!^^^
Well, Busse revolutionized the knife industry with it's unconditional warranty well over 30 years ago. In the 90's he literally replaced a BM that was used as a jackhammer bit to break a concrete driveway up. But if a company goes out of business the lifetime warranty will not likely be honored by the new owners.
I will say this, warranty has never entered into my decision making process when buying a knife. My primary criteria is quality, design, materials. Warranty is down on my list.
Let's not forget the BB13 that got thrown across a road by a John Deere, after ruining the deck on said John Deere. That had just a couple chunks taken out of the blade (could have been sharpened out by a professional), Res C handle was still serviceable. And yet Jerry Busse Jerry Busse went out of his way to contact the perp and replace the knife.

I don't think there is any reason to worry about the warranty. Things happen, unforeseen. But if we live based on the worst things that can happen, we're not living very well.

Like Fehrman knives , when the company decides it’s time to stop , all warranties are probably void. However busse is much bigger and there are many under Jerry who would carry on the business . IMO

Like Fehrman knives , when the company decides it’s time to stop , all warranties are probably void. However busse is much bigger and there are many under Jerry who would carry on the business . IMO
Man, this talk about Fehrman makes me so wish I would have gotten his Cold Fury when they were out! Man, I've always wanted that Fehrman

Is your warranty knife lifetime? My Lifetime? Or your lifetime? :)

One thing that I just thought about is if it is transferable. Lots of items are only warrantied to the original buyer. Yet, I don't think I have seen this with knives. Are there companies that specifically state, warrantied to the original buyer?

One thing that I just thought about is if it is transferable. Lots of items are only warrantied to the original buyer. Yet, I don't think I have seen this with knives. Are there companies that specifically state, warrantied to the original buyer?

I just wanted to hear it from Jerry himself. Mostly to stop all the speculation, as I was pretty sure what he would say! But also because, I must admit, I’ve wondered about the secession plan for Busse Combat for a while now.

As for warranty’s to original owner only, I think most companies accomplish this by requiring original proof of purchase to honor warranty work/replacemant. Tops does at least. It’s kind of a work around for them the way I see it, as even if you give the next guy your proof of purchase when he buys your knife, his name and address are still going to be different. 😉

I just wanted to hear it from Jerry himself. Mostly to stop all the speculation, as I was pretty sure what he would say! But also because, I must admit, I’ve wondered about the secession plan for Busse Combat for a while now.

As for warranty’s to original owner only, I think most companies accomplish this by requiring original proof of purchase to honor warranty work/replacemant. Tops does at least. It’s kind of a work around for them the way I see it, as even if you give the next guy your proof of purchase when he buys your knife, his name and address are still going to be different. 😉

I think I prefer Busse and esee's way, which is the knife itself is proof of purchase and you don't need to be the original owner. Falknivens way above kinda sucks

I think I prefer Busse and esee's way, which is the knife itself is proof of purchase and you don't need to be the original owner. Falknivens way above kinda sucks

Also Fallknivens website used to say that any chopping with their knives would void the warranty.

They have since removed that from the website though.

Back