What is in the works at CPK?

Solid lineup:
Remainder of the DEK1 (standard and swedged, Delta 3V and AEBL)
Remaining K18 swords (10-20 of them this summer)

Kephart (on machines now)
5" Utility Field Knife (bare bones value priced utility knife for Amazon distribution experiment. Material is here and being decked now)
7" Super Duty Field Knife (utility grade for Amazon distribution experiment. Material is here and will be decked next, to 1/4". This will be a "Busse level" unbreakable knife)

There will be some kind of new Utility Fighter for a new customer. The details are fuzzy but will firm up by summer.

Other projects on the white board that don't have material made yet and/or aren't solid on a schedule:
Lorien's Kukri (90% chance)
Lorien's next DEK project (90% chance)
Some kind of weapon from the twisted mind of Dr. Keffeler (50% chance)
Ninja Swords! (25%)
Axe head (25%)
folder (CPK Folding Field Knife) (90%)
folder (Mark's new folder, Delta 3V, in process now)
Integral Shiv (75%)
Three finger micro EDC (75%)
AEBL Kitchen knife (25%)
Some kind of little dagger made from the Kukri drops (10%)

Knives that are out of production that may return at some point:
HDFK
EDC2-EDC3
10" Chopper

I'm sure I've missed something, but these are the things we're currently moving on.

Also, we're hiring, if anybody is looking....

I think you forgot remainder of the boot daggers. Probably somewhere up there with "Remainder of the DEK1 (standard and swedged, Delta 3V and AEBL)" and "Remaining K18 swords (10-20 of them this summer."

You have a lot going on, young man! LOL.

Last edited:
Hi Nathan. Any chance you could give us any more info on this? Specs, lock, steel etc....

It's a folding version of our Field Knife. Being my first attempt at producing a folder in any quantities I'm going to keep it relatively simple. There are a few somewhat innovative things I can do with that due to the capabilities of some of our machines that you probably don't see other makers attempt but it will fundamentally be very simple construction frame lock. It won't be diesel and over built looking, but it will be both very strong and very durable by the nature of its design and construction so you won't need to worry about taking care of it or babying it. I abuse my Sebenza pretty bad and it shows. This will tolerate my normal lack of concern for the wellbeing of my personal knives.

~4" blade. HRC 61 Delta 3V. No bearings or flipper on my first folders, will look like a Sebenza.

I usually consume a folder in a year or two and my Sebby has been going strong for probably three or four years at this point. It needs a regrind (honestly it needs a harder heat treat) and it could probably use some other love too. I'm going to need a new knife within a year or so. I plan on it being my new folding Field Knife.

I’m not a machinist. And I’m asking this out of curiosity... and because I’m left handed.
Is there any easy way to “mirror” the programming, resulting in a lefty version?
It’s not a deal breaker for me to buy a right handed CPK frame lock. Just wondering.
That's a pretty sinister request...

I'll get out today if the weather lets off. It's snowing tracks in as fast as they're made right now so I have a good excuse to drink coffee and catch up on Nate's plans. Pretty sure I saw something about daggers going to the next blade show and that it would be Bladeshow West (I'm sure I read that right, right?) ;)

It's a folding version of our Field Knife. Being my first attempt at producing a folder in any quantities I'm going to keep it relatively simple. There are a few somewhat innovative things I can do with that due to the capabilities of some of our machines that you probably don't see other makers attempt but it will fundamentally be very simple construction frame lock. It won't be diesel and over built looking, but it will be both very strong and very durable by the nature of its design and construction so you won't need to worry about taking care of it or babying it. I abuse my Sebenza pretty bad and it shows. This will tolerate my normal lack of concern for the wellbeing of my personal knives.

~4" blade. HRC 61 Delta 3V. No bearings or flipper on my first folders, will look like a Sebenza.

I usually consume a folder in a year or two and my Sebby has been going strong for probably three or four years at this point. It needs a regrind (honestly it needs a harder heat treat) and it could probably use some other love too. I'm going to need a new knife within a year or so. I plan on it being my new folding Field Knife.
Do you plan on having an over-travel stop on the frame lock so it doesn’t get weak or sprung over time?

So, thumb studs, or maybe a MKT-style "fuller"? What style opening mechanism?

I usually consume a folder in a year or two and my Sebby has been going strong for probably three or four years at this point. It needs a regrind (honestly it needs a harder heat treat) and it could probably use some other love too. I'm going to need a new knife within a year or so.

I agree, and have never owned one for that reason but I do plan to jump on board now that they're switching to S45VN at RC61-62.

I usually consume a folder in a year or two and my Sebby has been going strong for probably three or four years at this point. It needs a regrind (honestly it needs a harder heat treat) and it could probably use some other love too. I'm going to need a new knife within a year or so.

I agree, and have never owned one for that reason but I do plan to jump on board now that they're switching to S45VN at RC61-62.

Something that would be able to cross the Canadian boarder would be great .

Back