What is in the works at CPK?

Last edited:
It's a folding version of our Field Knife. Being my first attempt at producing a folder in any quantities I'm going to keep it relatively simple. There are a few somewhat innovative things I can do with that due to the capabilities of some of our machines that you probably don't see other makers attempt but it will fundamentally be very simple construction frame lock. It won't be diesel and over built looking, but it will be both very strong and very durable by the nature of its design and construction so you won't need to worry about taking care of it or babying it. I abuse my Sebenza pretty bad and it shows. This will tolerate my normal lack of concern for the wellbeing of my personal knives.

~4" blade. HRC 61 Delta 3V. No bearings or flipper on my first folders, will look like a Sebenza.

I usually consume a folder in a year or two and my Sebby has been going strong for probably three or four years at this point. It needs a regrind (honestly it needs a harder heat treat) and it could probably use some other love too. I'm going to need a new knife within a year or so. I plan on it being my new folding Field Knife.

1. I'm in on the folder. Bring it, I'll buy it. After what I have seen with the dek1 and fk2 I got.....if you make a knife I might use, I'm in.

2. Why not make yourself a sebby blade from d3v? Not like you could sell it, but for personal use with zero profit.....maybe I'm just dense but it might be better than dealing with a blade that doesn't fit your needs. Soft steel and not being able to flip/flick it at the price demanded have kept me away from crk. In theory, I like the idea but the execution is a little annoying given the costs of the knife.

3. Did I mention I'm interested in the folder you make? Yeah, Im interested.

Last edited:

I agree with Jo. It would be great to have you guys at BSW. You have a good number of active customers out here and many more who will be once they get to experience your knives in person.

Give it a go Nathan the Machinist Nathan the Machinist . You won’t be disappointed!

Phil

This is true! Lots of loyal CPK fans out here on the west coast.

Nathan the Machinist Nathan the Machinist - just remember happy wife... happy life. Nice vacation ahead in '21!

5012ub.jpg

I'm working concurrently on the khuk and DEK2, and will send them to the compound together when they're done and after I've been able to put them through the rounds. I'll have my oven up and running within a couple of weeks and will have both models ready for heat treatment by then.

Then I'll get working on DEK3 and a kitchen knife design.

If I get the opportunity to be involved in designing something suited to the khuk steel remnants, I'll take it.

I would like to pursue a CPK version of my North Sword pattern at some point in the future as well.

If CPK makes it to Blade West, I will too (if it's possible)

I'm working concurrently on the khuk and DEK2, and will send them to the compound together when they're done and after I've been able to put them through the rounds. I'll have my oven up and running within a couple of weeks and will have both models ready for heat treatment by then.

Then I'll get working on DEK3 and a kitchen knife design.

If I get the opportunity to be involved in designing something suited to the khuk steel remnants, I'll take it.

I would like to pursue a CPK version of my North Sword pattern at some point in the future as well.

If CPK makes it to Blade West, I will too (if it's possible)

I'd definitely be in for a North Sword. That thing looks sweet.

Uh north sword. If you can make one that will make me want to sell My busse ak47 I’m in. The busse AK measurements are spot on for an EOTW sword and just general fun. 18.5” blade and about 8” handle ( double handed grip)
Lol. The AK47 is the ONLY Busse still in my collection. I'd be in for both a North Sword and a CPK NotAKatana :D

*** then I could try taking up sword juggling as a hobby, between those and the K18 :p

sorry to derail the thread further, but since there seems to be some interest, and the op contains most of the relevant info you all need, I might as well show you this
RlhziKv.jpg

blade length will be in the 12"-13" range

Back