What Knife to you leave in your Car or Truck?

I have a Gerber lmf ii in my kit in the back of my SUV and a leatherman surge in the armrest console... Gotta say my leatherman gets lots of use there but I have been thinking about swapping out the Gerber for a mora bushcraft and a folding saw as it is only sitting under the cover next to the spare tire.... On e my new mora shows up I will compare it with my becker bk16 to see which will go as I am still on the fence a little about which to use

a leatherman is way to valuable to leave in a car imo. had my car broken into twice in the last neighborhood i lived. i used to leave nothing in the car with a sign on the window. :)

There are plenty of more valuable items in my truck, and I think the Leatherman is too valuable to leave out versus the risk of it being stolen. I guess it depends on where you live and park your car as well.

I *WAS* keeping my buck 143 in my car until I had to leave the car at my uncles to be worked on the other day, I took the knife with me and now I can't figure out what I did with it. :S

I keep a Cold Steel Mini Outdoorsman in a small daypack/go bag in the trunk.

I got an AK-47 bayonet under my seat and a small Mora sized knife that I made from a Lenox saws-all blade in my center consol

I have been driving the same pickup for the last 15 years and it has always had an original Leatherman in the arm rest and one of those old Browning folding hunters with the black synthetic bolsters and liners in bed toolbox. I recently added a SAK tinker to the center arm rest also. To be honest, I don't think that I've ever needed any of them as I always had a knife on me or the proper tool at hand. Strange...

Back