What knife would you like to see next from CPK?

View attachment 793723

A very effective WW2 era dagger that could be made today without some of the manufacturing compromises of the time.

Thank you Nathan. When I Googled it and looked up Wikipedia, that image popped up too :)

Looking forward to scoring one of your future engineered production-line FS Daggers; sometime, somewhere, somehow!

A utilitarian urban / suburban knife (5"-6" ish?) which we can use in the kitchen with no hesitation and also with effortless ease. I am not a big "kitchenish" sort of person like some of our dapper home chef types on here, but I love SOB tough knives with a thin(er) stock which just beg to cut, slice and laser through organic (small o, not Big O!) stuff.

Don't get me wrong, there are already a couple of CPK patterns in my possession which will perform well and I suspect that my UF would actually perform admirably, but that is too exquisite of a unit to cut chicken, fish and veggies with (for now anyway). Maybe the FK 2.0 will be a good all purpose knife from what I hear, although it will be just a bit shorter than 5". As much as I lament about missing out on the Potato-Knife, I would actually much prefer to wait for the above because I'm not a kitchen connoisseur :)

While I have no use for a bowie I would be very interested to see Nathan's take on one.

I have posted my response to the Bowie question here, instead of the "Ask a Nathan Thread"

Definition of a Bowie per Wikipedia is
A Bowie knife (pronounced /ˈbuːiː/ BOO-ee[2][3][4] or /ˈboʊ.iː/ BOW-ee[4]) is a pattern of fixed-blade fighting knife created by James Black in the early 19th century for Jim Bowie, who had become famous for his use of a large knife at a duel known as the Sandbar Fight.
Since the first incarnation, the Bowie knife has come to incorporate several recognizable and characteristic design features, although in common usage the term refers to any large sheath knife with a crossguard and a clip point.[5] The knife pattern is still popular with collectors; in addition to various knife manufacturing companies there are hundreds of custom knife makers producing Bowies and variations.
Picture of a Variation of the Bowie (Picture taken off the Web)

Besides a fighter The Bowie knife's design also lends itself to use as a hunting knife for skinning or butchering game. The curved top clip bevel of the blade, when suitably sharpened, may be used to remove the skin from a carcass, while the straight
portion of the blade edge, toward the guard, can be used for cutting meat. Arkansas culturalist and researcher Russell T. Johnson describes the James Black knife in the following manner and at the same time captures the quintessence of the Bowie Knife: "It must be long enough to use as a sword, sharp enough to use as a razor, wide enough to use as a paddle, and heavy enough to use as a hatchet."[16][25] Most such knives intended for hunting are only sharpened on one edge, to reduce the danger of cutting oneself while butchering and skinning the carcass.

The Shiv was designed (Per Nathan's web page) as a

It is an 8″ modern combat fighter that was originally developed as a combat knife during the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. It is a heavy duty stabbing weapon that will not fail at a bad time. It can open a hole in a brick wall, pry open a glove box, breach a door and butter your toast. It’s also used by pig hunters.

I must have misread but I thought this is where you suggest inputs on knives you'd like to see from CPK in the future, NOT WHAT you Don't want to see:confused: I would actually like to see it made with a 9 or 9 1/2 inch Blade:eek: If Nathan decides to design and offer a Bowie that would be Great:thumbsup::cool:
If he (Nathan decides not to tackle this project, That's fine to:thumbsup:

The main issue I see with Bowie knives is that they’re an interpretation of what people think the original Bowie was.
Since there aren’t any original examples in existence, no one really knows what they looked like.

what does a 'fighting knife' look like?

Back