1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What light is in your EDC?

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Gear' started by dberry, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Dadpool

Dadpool Gold Member Gold Member

May 18, 2015
    Reylight Ti Lan V3 if I'm wearing shorts, ZebraLight SC600Fd IV Plus if I'm wearing jeans.

[​IMG]

BBW and Kalsu like this.
  2. Cursum Perficio

Cursum Perficio Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 27, 2012
    I have several Zebralights, but often I carry the Jetbeam RRT01. Love the simple twisty thing.

3. bflying

bflying Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 4, 2014
    Most of my users are Lumintop and Maratac. The always EDC starts with one of the little AAA babies (Maratac AAA Copper, Lumintop AAA Titanium or Brass Ant). Takes very little space, but provide multiples more light than my cell phone bulb.

Depending on daily tasks, will switch out to a AA/14500 size (Duke, PrinceMini). Giving a lumen bump from 100 to over 500.

The nightstand and always-in-reach is my Lumintop Prince (18650/123Ax2). Lum jump yet again to around 1000. Still gets used daily for security/lockup rounds, dog walks, etc. And will go into pocket if I know I'll need a light.

Then there's the drawer full of a metric buttload of all the other lights not used regularly.

[​IMG]

4. thatmguy

thatmguy

Mar 26, 2000
    P1D with a tritrium fob on it. Easy to find. Had forever. Coule PD35's, one TAC, when sittin on the deck after sundown...

Loved my AA Arc til it died... :(

5. lieferung

lieferung Basic Member Basic Member

May 24, 2016
    Prometheus Beta in Nickel. I rarely need anything stronger and it's pretty strong for its size. The keychain quick release mechanism is phenomenally useful. I just wish mine would patina some, it's collected hundreds of dings but that's about it.

[​IMG]

6. Dry-cell

Dry-cell

Jul 27, 2014
    My goto lights are the ThruNite Archer 1A V3, and the Fenix LD02. I use the Archer as my main, and keep the LD02 as a backup.

7. Joshua1973

Joshua1973

Aug 26, 2018
    I use a cheap Wall Mart 6 volt Eveready 80 lumen flood lantern with cheap 6 volt Ray O Vac batteries that last roughly 72 hours nonstop use. Followed by a Coast 300 lumen head lamp.

8. RicFlair

RicFlair

Oct 1, 2014
    I think I own almost every light mentioned already. I mostly use my HDS Rotary, Haiku and almost always a Dark Sucks Beta in Cu or Brass. I love the AAA platform. So easy to EDC. I suggest getting his Ti clip for it. Makes for a killer combo.

9. Kentuckywindage

Kentuckywindage

Aug 13, 2018
    BLF A6 all day pretty much everyday. lumintop tool aaa always on the keychain.

10. bdmicarta

bdmicarta

Feb 16, 2012
    My pocket EDC is a Fenix PD25. I could pick a smaller light but I value output over small size. I carry a Fenix PD32 in my briefcase and I'll grab it if I have to run out to a construction site. I'm interested in getting a PD35 to replace it but I really don't use it much compared to the one in my pocket.

11. Owen K.

Owen K. Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 9, 2016
    stream light stylus pro.

12. Charlie Mike

Charlie Mike Sober since 1-7-14 (still a Paranoid Nutjob) Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 1, 2000
    Armytek Wizard Pro V3, clipped to my vest like Silent Hill. 2018-10-02 07.40.31.jpg

nepxotb, willc and jkwithawave like this.
  13. willc

willc Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 13, 2013
    F091BC0D-AD1D-4C18-B40D-355D5F92BCDF.jpeg I just got a Streamlight Stylus Pro and that goes in my work bag.
    This green one is my backup Olight i3E, I have a black one on my keys.

On my night stand I have an Olight M2R.

Tom P likes this.
  14. leghog

leghog

Aug 10, 2013
    The Olite i3E is an excellent EDC. Bought mine in the last year for 9 bucks at a local gun show. Great light. Great price.

willc likes this.
  15. hugofeynman

hugofeynman Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Armytek Predator

16. plumberroy

plumberroy

Jan 27, 2007
    Fenix pd32 and/or E15 work supplies lights and CR123 batteries Fenix E05 for a smaller light

17. navman

navman Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 4, 2013
    EAGLETAC D25A in AA or CR123. One or the other, along with some form of a micro light. Comes in handy when the power goes out in the building....hooray South Florida!

rje58 likes this.
  18. jumpstat

jumpstat

Mar 9, 2007
    McGizmo McLux III Alu PD-S. My edc light since 2007....
    [​IMG]

BBW likes this.
  19. danthaman1980

danthaman1980 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 23, 2014
    I tend to pocket carry a single AAA light in the winter; here is the rotation:
    Olight i3T
    Lumintop Tool AAA (Aluminum)
    Lumintop Tool Ti
    Fenix LD02
    I like the AAA format for pocket carry. Good rechargeable NiMH cells pay off in the long run.

I have a couple different single AA/14500 and single RCR123a/16340 lights as well. Of those, the Olight S1A and Olight S1 Mini are probably my two favorites but the Olight S1R Turbo S gets the most use around the house.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
  20. Sonnydaze

Sonnydaze Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Fenix PD 35 Tac. It goes to 1000 lumens in five steps. 5.5" long and slim. I use it every nite when I walk our puppy at 1 am or so. Lots of coyotes in the area and an occasional black bear. It uses two 3v CR123 at 200 lumens which last over 8 hrs. The strobe is quickly attained by side button at 1000 lumens to frighten off invading extraterrestrials. Dropped it many times on concrete; can't tell. Had it maybe 3-4 yrs and is like new. Two batts are $5 at Lowe's. VERY HAPPY.

K Williams likes this.