What light is in your EDC?

Reylight Ti Lan V3 if I'm wearing shorts, ZebraLight SC600Fd IV Plus if I'm wearing jeans.

4W1CLVV.jpg

Most of my users are Lumintop and Maratac. The always EDC starts with one of the little AAA babies (Maratac AAA Copper, Lumintop AAA Titanium or Brass Ant). Takes very little space, but provide multiples more light than my cell phone bulb.

Depending on daily tasks, will switch out to a AA/14500 size (Duke, PrinceMini). Giving a lumen bump from 100 to over 500.

The nightstand and always-in-reach is my Lumintop Prince (18650/123Ax2). Lum jump yet again to around 1000. Still gets used daily for security/lockup rounds, dog walks, etc. And will go into pocket if I know I'll need a light.

Then there's the drawer full of a metric buttload of all the other lights not used regularly.

vr7q4p.jpg

P1D with a tritrium fob on it. Easy to find. Had forever. Coule PD35's, one TAC, when sittin on the deck after sundown...

Loved my AA Arc til it died... :(

Prometheus Beta in Nickel. I rarely need anything stronger and it's pretty strong for its size. The keychain quick release mechanism is phenomenally useful. I just wish mine would patina some, it's collected hundreds of dings but that's about it.

DSC_1743_2.jpg

My goto lights are the ThruNite Archer 1A V3, and the Fenix LD02. I use the Archer as my main, and keep the LD02 as a backup.

I use a cheap Wall Mart 6 volt Eveready 80 lumen flood lantern with cheap 6 volt Ray O Vac batteries that last roughly 72 hours nonstop use. Followed by a Coast 300 lumen head lamp.

I think I own almost every light mentioned already. I mostly use my HDS Rotary, Haiku and almost always a Dark Sucks Beta in Cu or Brass. I love the AAA platform. So easy to EDC. I suggest getting his Ti clip for it. Makes for a killer combo.

My pocket EDC is a Fenix PD25. I could pick a smaller light but I value output over small size. I carry a Fenix PD32 in my briefcase and I'll grab it if I have to run out to a construction site. I'm interested in getting a PD35 to replace it but I really don't use it much compared to the one in my pocket.

F091BC0D-AD1D-4C18-B40D-355D5F92BCDF.jpeg I just got a Streamlight Stylus Pro and that goes in my work bag.
This green one is my backup Olight i3E, I have a black one on my keys.

On my night stand I have an Olight M2R.

View attachment 999910 I just got a Streamlight Stylus Pro and that goes in my work bag.
This green one is my backup Olight i3E, I have a black one on my keys.

On my night stand I have an Olight M2R.

The Olite i3E is an excellent EDC. Bought mine in the last year for 9 bucks at a local gun show. Great light. Great price.

Fenix pd32 and/or E15 work supplies lights and CR123 batteries Fenix E05 for a smaller light

EAGLETAC D25A in AA or CR123. One or the other, along with some form of a micro light. Comes in handy when the power goes out in the building....hooray South Florida!

I tend to pocket carry a single AAA light in the winter; here is the rotation:
Olight i3T
Lumintop Tool AAA (Aluminum)
Lumintop Tool Ti
Fenix LD02
I like the AAA format for pocket carry. Good rechargeable NiMH cells pay off in the long run.

I have a couple different single AA/14500 and single RCR123a/16340 lights as well. Of those, the Olight S1A and Olight S1 Mini are probably my two favorites but the Olight S1R Turbo S gets the most use around the house.

Last edited:
Fenix PD 35 Tac. It goes to 1000 lumens in five steps. 5.5" long and slim. I use it every nite when I walk our puppy at 1 am or so. Lots of coyotes in the area and an occasional black bear. It uses two 3v CR123 at 200 lumens which last over 8 hrs. The strobe is quickly attained by side button at 1000 lumens to frighten off invading extraterrestrials. Dropped it many times on concrete; can't tell. Had it maybe 3-4 yrs and is like new. Two batts are $5 at Lowe's. VERY HAPPY.

Back