What Makes a Good, Traditional Barlow?

Haha - too true Charlie! Flat belly traveled with me all over the World - Stan Shaw himself held Flat Belly - in my pocket that day was also a PPP Spear Point Ebony - which also traveled extensively- until my Ebony friend disappeared- for a loooooonng time - years.

I searched and searched everywhere- Eb’s was gone I never did get over that- our amazing friend Paul Hilborn sent me another PPP Single Bladed Spear to replace the list knife - Amazing! A hard to find knife and he managed to pick one up sometime after the loss.

Not so long again I was cleaning out my Wardrobe and was going through old Jackets that were either going to be thrown or washed and rotated- I threw a Jacket on the ground “Thud” - I thought - “ What was that- and here it was!!!! I ALWAYS search Jackets when a knife goes astray......
I cannot explain the feelings that day.

So now I hold Paul Hilborns gift of the replacement- which I feel must be returned to a Paul - I will place this in my friends gand next time we meet.
As I held my dear long lost friend - with all the great things from Paul and this knife’s journey, I felt the proper thing to do was to hold a giveaway for good Old Ebs, he was found again and needed the journey to continue.
So that’s what I did, a giveaway was held.

So what my old PPP Ebony TC is doing today? I don’t know- maybe an update would be a nice surprise?

Well- that just made my day That request my friend! - good ol' Flat Belly, seen here Top in photo #1 - I think I snapped this shot at the 2016 Rendezvous? Flat Belly hasnt come out in the edc rotation for a while- so I will grab him out and bang that great ol' Knife in my pocket - Thank you for remembering that well traveled TC! :)

g3qusmi.jpg

Flat Belly at the bottom of this photo, this was such a horrible lesson in not lending your knife- I was assembling a machine from memory with my Boss - he wanted to cut some Plastic Wire Ties - I'm not sure how or what he did- but the blade was badly nicked :eek::(, Flat Belly was worked on extensively by the rescue teams - although slightly deformed - lives on!:D :thumbsup:

Thanks so much for the pics! Now I really need to find an oversharpened 2013 TC clip!

Thank You KT!:)
The dead skunk is the only acrylic TC to date and kinda scarce with only 7 made.

Dave

I knew the dead skunk count was low but wasn't sure if any other acrylics were made so that would make sense why we don't see them often, thanks Dave.
Coffeehouse Acrylic would probably look nice on Charlie's TC Barlow :thumbsup::D:D:D:thumbsup:

I knew the dead skunk count was low but wasn't sure if any other acrylics were made so that would make sense why we don't see them often, thanks Dave.
Coffeehouse Acrylic would probably look nice on Charlie's TC Barlow :thumbsup::D:D:D:thumbsup:
I wouldn't hold my breath KT ;)
Our friend Charlie is not a big fan of acrylic.
He prefers traditional covers on his SFO's. The dead skunk was a surprise that Bill cooked up for one of the rendezvous.... just like the cap lifter was! :D

Dave

I thought it was "Every pocketknife wants to become a spey." o_O
You may be right Christian!! I've made spears and pens into speys!!:D You should compose a book of "Knife Sayings"!!
Maybe a thread? Are there enough?:p

Good morning!
Today is a great day for me, finally the knife that I offered to myself as a birthday present has arrived, although quite late (the birthday was on September 18th !!), it was worth all the waiting time, because in my modest opinion is a handsome example of a Lambsfoot Barlow this knife made by artisan Michael May.:D:thumbsup:

Beautiful custom MM, Jose!! And a belated Happy Birthday!! We are very close in that, as mine was on the 16th of September!!:) Nice present you have shown us!!:thumbsup:

Beautiful custom MM, Jose!! And a belated Happy Birthday!! We are very close in that, as mine was on the 16th of September!!:) Nice present you have shown us!!:thumbsup:

Thank you very much for your kindness Charlie.:):thumbsup:

Hi All. Have throughly enjoyed getting back to perusing this thread. Here’s the entirety of my TC collection as it stood a couple of weeks ago. Users at the top. Very best to all. MJ.
View attachment 1207023

Very nice collection MJ, Barlow's are on the top of my list to carry and collect, I wish Charlies's TC's weren't so hard to get, thanks for sharing

Back