What multi tool, You using today?

O7M5OAs.jpg

Yesterday it was the Crunch, but today I'm back to my Leatherman Wave...

1cDzGW7.jpg

The crunch is great for sure, but the Wave has scissors, which I find myself using a lot!
What about your crunch & vic classic? 😉
The scissors on the wave aren't that big anyway, could be an option.
But the wave is handy.
I have my charge in front pocket today with classic and keys in the other.

At work I use my Wave, some days more than others. Then when I’m off duty and out at the ranch and outdoor activities I really like the Signal. Rather I’m fixing fence or need to make an adjustment on a well pump switch it comes in handy. I’ve even started a camp fire a couple times. I still keep a Wingman in my four wheeler just in case.

For the last week or so I've been using the Multiforce clone of the Leatherman Wave (as marketed by Ozark Trail and a few other rebranders). It's mostly because of the people who immediately dismiss anything sold with the brand name "Ozark Trail" as useless junk. 😁

After using it a while, the plain edge blade is not good, but it will cut. The file is also not good, but it will work on soft stuff. The pliers are entirely serviceable and the scissors work better than any Leatherman tool scissors I've every tried. The bit driver is also pretty good since it uses 1/4 hex shank bits, but they need to be the right length and have the little spring-loaded ball to work well. The wire cutters work fine too. I'm not going to trashbin any of my better tools, but it's definitely not useless junk.

8A433D01-6BFC-4178-9D15-12B724A99DD4.jpeg
Using my Marbles Workman today.
When I first got it a few years ago I thought it more a novelty knife but it really is a useful tool.

I find myself using it often when working on old slip joints.
It is excellent for tightening loose pivot pins and straightening bent tips.

Back