What multitool or SAK did you buy today

I’d been looking for this guy for awhile!! Got the bead in at the same time:

6947-A689-589-A-4754-B8-F0-A87-E5-BFED045.jpg

I've been out of work [medical leave] for a while which has led me to pursuing nylon handled Saks.
I really like the toughness of the scales compared to the regular Celidor scales.
Got lucky and found these NOS Sportsman and Bantam in nylon handles.
oMJ5xfd.jpg
I really like the nylon handled knives too. Very robust and give you a little bit of grip.

Took a rare trip (for me) into the city today to take my eldest to a doctor appointment. While I was waiting, I dropped by the local Victorinox pusher to pick up a spare Executive since they're becoming harder to find.

X9bX7IH.jpg

Last edited:
Nice score on the Exec. I purchased 3 on-line from a ship in Switzerland 8 months ago. I enjoy the knife a lot...but will probably sell off the other two at some point. If it had the Phillips vs the orange peeler...it would be perfect!! Enjoy!

Peter

A Victorinox Elinox St Christopher knife to replace the one that my parents gave me in 1972 and which I lost in 1982. They are not easy to come by and this one was complete to include the toothpick and metal handled tweezers. With some cleaning up and polishing of the cellidor grips it should look almost new.

Would anyone happen to know where I might be able to find the simple black leather sheath which was supplied with the old St Christopher Victorinox knife? I have been looking for one from the on line auction house for over a year without any luck. Back in the seventies when the knife was purchase, the sheaths did not have velcro and instead just used a simple leather loop to close the cover of the sheath.

A Victorinox Elinox St Christopher knife to replace the one that my parents gave me in 1972 and which I lost in 1982. They are not easy to come by and this one was complete to include the toothpick and metal handled tweezers. With some cleaning up and polishing of the cellidor grips it should look almost new.

A very nice St. Christopher wrapped up on the bay today. It wasnt listed as Elinox so I assume this isn’t the one you got.

If I’m wrong and it’s the same knife, Congrats. 👍😎 It’s a fantastic piece.

Chris,
There were actually two St Christopher SAK up for sale today. One was offered at a BIN price of $119 and the other which you reference, ended up selling for $839. Mine isn't LNIB but I believe that it will clean up nicely. I have been looking for over a year for one of these that is in decent shape and offered at a more or less reasonable price. I don't see them come up for sale very often and most look like "they have been ridden hard and put away wet".

I bought a Leatherman Rebar today. I have a Wave but I am done with the pliers pinching me. I carry a separate knife so I don't think I will miss the OHO all that much either. The Rebar seems pretty good noticably lighter then the Wave.

Back