What multitool or SAK did you buy today

A couple of days ago I received this LM XTI that I had purchased on that big auction site because it was too cheap for me to pass it up. I figured it would be trading stock as I already had two others.
JPEG_20200531_224422_6590299046314734447.jpg
But, when I compared it to what I already had, I discovered it was a variation, and, therefore, I had to add it to my stable of Charges as a permanent resident.
JPEG_20200531_224459_5879570014500922550.jpg
JPEG_20200531_224650_5862536899848061822.jpg
JPEG_20200531_224735_1153177778994586845.jpg
The new acquisition has the larger scissor thumb-rest as well as the thicker posts that keep the points of the pliers for getting tangled up with the screwdrivers. You've got to be quite the Leatherman nerd to appreciate these subtle differences, so I guess that's me! Thanks for watching! T-A

Nylon scaled Camper, still had what I think was factory oil on some of the tools.

3-F3152-BF-1-C28-4-DEE-8-A24-F8-F4-BA582-E11.jpg

Leatherman K2, arrived today, purchased on that big online auction site.
JPEG_20200608_104124_8703098256248136960.jpg
JPEG_20200608_104219_385523962256932180.jpg
JPEG_20200608_104242_3580626990274969905-1.jpg
It's a well designed and manufactured tool that feels great in the hand. It came very sharp and locks up nicely. It's easy to deploy, and the lock releases easily, as well. For me and my lifestyle, however, I can't imagine ever carrying it. It's longer (closed), thicker, and just as wide as a Free P2 but does far less. The T2 blade is strong and sharp, but it is severely hollow ground with a thick spine, not appropriate for my daily needs. Compare it to my usual pocket occupant (see photo), a Bench Made; the BM is barely noticeable in my pocket and has a slender spear-point blade better suited to my needs.
JPEG_20200608_104552_7995975036255864944.jpg
JPEG_20200608_104523_385827575735276989.jpg
FYI my other EDC is a Surge with all the accessories, so the tools in the K2 don't hold a candle to what I'm used to having on my belt.
BOTTOM LINE: Nice tool for some but not for my needs. T-A

Attachments

• JPEG_20200608_104523_385827575735276989.jpg
    JPEG_20200608_104523_385827575735276989.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I was looking to get a multi with pliers...was thinking about a SQUIRT...to pair with my SAK S18!
In the past I carried & liked SOG POWERLOCK (still have it) but it's heavey for EDC!Sooo,I went to look at SOG first....found something interesting...SOG Q3...I bought it..mainly for the pliers!
Jim

Actually had a 3 pack arrive of all 84mm Tourists. The description read "most tools stuck shut" or something to that effect. Obviously the price was such that I couldn't pass up as I really enjoy breathing new life into old SAK's:thumbsup:

Here are 2 and the third is soaking in some penetrating oil to bust loose the blades. I'm always intrigued with advertising knives as well and google the company on the knife or blade.

These two where to the point where a needle nose pliers and flat blade screwdriver was the method most effective for opening the blades:eek: They are absolutely factory-esque now;):)

TZIrrV.jpg

E9LEt8.jpg

opVgnG.jpg

It has been quite a while since I was first exposed to the concept of a Leatherman Multi-tool. My hunting buddy bought a PST from Cabela's when they first showed up in their catalog. I thought it was a good idea at the time. Although, I thought the handles might cut into your hand if you really needed to squeeze hard unless a fellow was wearing leather gloves. Because of advancing age and diminishing physical capacity it has finally dawned on me that I could cut down on my back and forth to the garage to get tools for minor repairs or screw tightening and save some wear and tear on what are becoming knees that know when it is going to rain and the associated discomfort with arthritis.

Thanks to the search function, archived threads and the wonderful photographs here in the Multi-tools & Multi-purpose Knives forum I have acquired a Leatherman Wave+ in the last few days without even seeing one in person or handling one! The praises sung here as well as the volume of five star reviews that the Wave+ and the Supertool 300 have made the choice difficult, but, the Wave+ looks like it might be easier on arthritic hands. In purchasing the Wave+ I also added the driver bits to the total bill. The Wave+ is quite different from that first PST that Rolf showed me so many years ago. At the time I don't think either of us thought the Leatherman was going to be the popular tool it has become and I know we didn't envision the variety of Leatherman offerings or the number if imitators that the market demand has produced.

I have acquired a Leatherman Wave+
It's hard to go wrong with a Wave+. I am awaiting the arrival of a Free P4 N.I.B. (that I purchased from that big online auction site) for about half the list price. I'm anxious to handle it and compare it to the P2 I already own. I expect that I will like it but don't think that it will become my EDC. Currently, my EDC is a Surge (basically a Wave on steroids!) with lots of accessories.
EDC Surge.jpg
Truth be told, if I could have only one knife of any sort for EDC, it would be the Wave+. You made a good choice...enjoy! T-A

It's hard to go wrong with a Wave+. I am awaiting the arrival of a Free P4 N.I.B. (that I purchased from that big online auction site) for about half the list price. I'm anxious to handle it and compare it to the P2 I already own. I expect that I will like it but don't think that it will become my EDC. Currently, my EDC is a Surge (basically a Wave on steroids!) with lots of accessories.
View attachment 1378278
Truth be told, if I could have only one knife of any sort for EDC, it would be the Wave+. You made a good choice...enjoy! T-A
Since the virus lock down, like many across the world, I have done very little with two exceptions being occupying space and reading quite a bit. The truth be told I have been thinking about one of the Leatherman Multi-Tools for quite sometime. I really do not get out of town very often and I have let my fingers do the walking as the old telephone advertisement used to say and have utilized the Internet connection to research this purchase. The many comments from the members here on The Blade Forum, whether they be current owners or former owners or like myself at the time of my research and not be an owner at all, I have found them to be extremely useful to me to arrive at the decision I made. Now hearing your opinion of the Wave+ is very reassuring that I did the right thing in getting the Wave+!

While examining the Wave+ it is quickly evident that there has been quite a bit of engineering work done designing this tool. I suspect it will last longer than I will. hahaha!

Back