What multitool or SAK did you buy today

Discussion in 'Multi-tools & Multi-purpose Knives' started by Welshie12, Jan 30, 2020.

1. jazzz

jazzz

Feb 1, 2009
    I just really prefer the screwdrivers it has. The scissors are better, too. The Charge I have - the bit holder just doesn’t feel that confidence inspiring. I have carried and used my old Wave since they came out - don’t even remember when that was - at work in a kitchen. I use it a lot. My Charge - same as a new Wave - is used at home, or out and about, if I feel like carrying it. I still like it, but the old is quite nice.

.577NE likes this.
  2. .577NE

.577NE Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 28, 2019
    Many thanks for your reply, @jazzz.

The screwdrivers are indeed nicely selected on the old Wave, yet none of them are locked when open, which will almost invariably lead to "user induced foul language" so to speak, especially with the philips. I too used my old Wave a lot, to a point where the liner lock lost its tension and the blade became a liability. I got to have it serviced, it was my first Leatherman, I bought it over 20 years ago. It coincidentally was the 20th Wave Anniversary edition.

jazzz likes this.
  3. hsherzfeld

hsherzfeld Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 10, 2016
    So far, what I like most about the original Wave is its lighter weight than the newer Wave. I tend to use the outside blades more often than the screwdrivers, so the fact that they don't lock is less important to me. I also like the ergonomics and aesthetics that result from not having the lock release buttons protruding from the sides. That also means that the sheath can be made narrower and more form-fitting.

jazzz, paulhilborn and .577NE like this.
  4. jazzz

jazzz

Feb 1, 2009
    When did the Waves first come out? 90-something? I also like mine because my wife bought it. It was $100.00 back then.

hsherzfeld and jmh33 like this.
  5. tiguy7

tiguy7 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 25, 2008
    image.jpeg image.jpeg This is a Latama Lobster with 4 blades and 2 pull out tools including a curved jaw flush cutting cuticle nipper.

6. hsherzfeld

hsherzfeld Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 10, 2016
    1998. The new Waves are still $100 today, which means that they've actually gotten cheaper (with inflation).

Last edited: Jan 30, 2021
  7. the-accumulator

the-accumulator Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 24, 2008
    JPEG_20210130_124046_2114959836536195427.jpg
    New Surge arrived a few days ago, Multiforce came yesterday. Original Surge (bottom), my EDC, pictured for comparison. I'll let you know how I like them. T-A

Trvr, Tongkang, paulhilborn and 3 others like this.
  8. jmh33

jmh33 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 16, 2003
    Picked up a Red Cel Super Tinker today at a Hdw store!! Impulse buy, but I like it!!!
    John

Trvr, Tongkang, sonofwilfred and 2 others like this.
  9. Ace Rimmer

Ace Rimmer

Jul 4, 2017
    The local knife store has been closed for a while due to the owner's surgery. He reopened yesterday so I stopped by today to say hello and look around. Found this nice Victorinox ALOX Electrician. The box was a little rough but the knife is pristine. This is my second ALOX, the other one being an 84 mm Cadet in black. I'm really liking this 93 mm size. (Hey, I just realized it doesn't have a key ring. I think I like that!)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
    Pomsbz, Trvr, el gigantor and 7 others like this.
  10. el gigantor

el gigantor Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Pulled the trigger on two SAKs I’ve been considering for a while now..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Spikediesel, Pomsbz, Trvr and 5 others like this.
  11. Trvr

Trvr

Jun 21, 2020
    I found this pioneer at an antique store. It was labeled as a farmer. It was a fraction of the price of a new one, and it looks almost unused. What appears to be the factory edge still popped hair (I've used it a bit since I got it and had to touch up the edge though).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. jmh33

Mar 16, 2003
    Tiger Orange 2021 Pioneer X!!:D:thumbsup::D
    John

13. pipedreams308

pipedreams308 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 29, 2006
    [​IMG]

I didn’t buy anything, but I found my Ranger and Churchill today. They had been AWOL for about 3 months.

14. jmh33

Mar 16, 2003
    Congratulations !!! That’s a good feeling!!;)
    John

sonofwilfred and pipedreams308 like this.
  15. tiguy7

tiguy7 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 25, 2008
    image.jpeg This is a 99mm MKM Malga 6 with green G-10, M-390 main blade, crude sail needle, fork, and scale screws.

315, jmh33 and pipedreams308 like this.
  16. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Red Forester M Grip, love the straight edge:cool::thumbsup:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

greatscoot, Ace Rimmer, jmh33 and 2 others like this.
  17. Shrub

Shrub

Feb 7, 2012
    Duplicate post.
    Sorry

Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
  18. Shrub

Shrub

Feb 7, 2012
    I didn't buy anything, but a few days ago, while helping some family members get ready to move, I noticed that what looked like a small tool box was in the trash pile. "I gotta have a look into this!". Turned out to be an old tackle box. Nothing too special. But hidden among the couple of terrible dollar store knives I found an original Eddie Bauer edition Wenger Whistle! It had been used and abused and was in need of love, but had no broken blades or anything. She's come clean nicely.

19. jmh33

Mar 16, 2003
    The 2021 Tiger Orange Alox Limited Edition Pioneer X just landed here!!!
    John

sonofwilfred likes this.
  20. the-accumulator

the-accumulator Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 24, 2008
    A mid-eighties PST w/sheath from an auction and a Side Clip fresh from the LM warranty dept. where their surgeons repaired a broken jaw.
    JPEG_20210318_224417_2892398570007568230.jpg
    Happy hunting! T-A

315 and jmh33 like this.