Off Topic What song are you listening to?

motley crue, kickstart my heart. reminiscing (not spelling class)

One xmas break in college I couldnt go home and I stayed in a small empty dorm without transportation, my only entertainment was a Dr Feelgood tape and my roommates 50 watt, 12 inch keyboard amplifier. Blasting that tape throughout the dorm really made the solitude much more bearable :)

Ryker Ryker The Willbury's are great. If you haven't heard it before, check out this cover of Tweeter and the Monkey man. Going to try and see the Headstones when they're here in May.

This is an excellent version of this song. I found it looking for the one below that's one of my favourites by Corb.

Heres's Phantom Blue an all-female metal band
The singer GiGi is really good and the guitarist Michelle Meldrum (RIP) was a monster!
Too bad this came when Nirvana and grunge was breaking

Just thought this was an appropriate thread to post a short tribute to Joe Diffie who passed away Sunday due to complications from Covid 19. Joe was one of those unsung hero's in country music, had an influence on more singers and music than most listeners will ever know, and will be missed.

My dad was a big fan of his dating back to the 90's and I always knew who he was but I gained new respect for him when he recorded a duo with D-Thrash from the Jawga Boyz a while back (I posted it early in this thread), WAY before rap was even beginning to be accepted into the country music scene. Considering the heat Billy Ray Cyrus took when he did a duo with Little Nas X just a year ago, you can imagine what Diffie heard 7-8 years ago. He was a pioneer in the business and his music will be sorely missed.

Godspeed Joe.

Been listening to a lot of Upchurch lately. The country rap thing is really starting to take off more and I don’t hate it like other rap.

Adam Calhoun is also getting some play time as well.
Garth

Back