What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

At the bottom one of my favorites Queen Gunstock. D2 and beautiful covers.
Case Sowbelly.
Newest case 6375 in black Micarta that is more gray in color. I'm a sucker foe 6375's. This could have better action.
5446342B-A578-4BD6-A891-373DB036FD3B.jpeg

I love GEC's but the change from two years ago has taken a bit of the wind from my sail, still though, I love the brand. But I have gone back to knives that I always carried before and one would be hard pressed to find a better knife for the money than this Case 62032 Jack. No play in the blades, centered in the well, no gaps allowing light to pass through the frame, great jigged bone covers, everything nicely radiused.

I still try and purchase GEC's when I can but if I'm unsuccessful I'm ok :thumbsup:

EACUdD.jpg

Last edited:
Umm, if we could just hang on for a while before winter comes, that would be great, ok?8A7DF154-714A-49D4-8BC9-EFA176393000.jpegThe leek, 1/2 the onions and most of the peppers will go in the skillet to be joined later by a little smoked pork loin and chicken, and some wild rice.
The mango, cilantro, some onion, tomatoes, and a poblano and jalapeno are for some fresh salsa topping.

The mango is the only thing I did not grow.
And some white corn tortillas off the griddle to scoop it up.

Eat well, my amigos!

Just gets better and better.
5aOU7v6.jpg
Great to see your Hartshead Barlow Taylor :) :thumbsup:
Thank you Jack! The story goes, forgive me if I ramble- I became interested by your's and all the other real lamb's foot knives I was seeing and it perked my interest as a hole in my accumulation and with the good quality visually and all, I did a search and it came up with single blade versions I usually see but while looking at the makers site, I saw one that had the lamb's foot blade and a shorter pen blade which I usually like in addition to a main blade...so I ordered that, and received this...not what I wanted but, a nice quality knife that I am off and on about and didn't find the hassle of returning it all the way from Southern California....I did mention the discrepancy via email and got a response that I din't care for because the knife I received wasn't even displayed on the site at that time-probably about close to a year back....I do like it because it is different although wish I would've gotten the pen blade version or even the single lamb's foot but again I digress, it is a fine piece of cutlery and I will keep it and hopefully it will grow more to my liking! Cheers Sir!
Rambling is my hobby Mike :) Typical that you got sent the wrong knife I'm afraid, but it's an unusual one. I've not been impressed with the responses I've had in similar circumstances my friend :rolleyes: I have a few older Lambsfoot knives with a Pen, but only one of recent manufacture, purchased about 5 years ago. The Pen is rather over-sized, and the pull is vicious. I once thought that a Lambsfoot with a Pen would make the perfect knife, but what I found in practice was that I didn't need the Pen, and that I already had the perfect knife ;) Thanks for talking about it Mike, it's certainly very welcome in the Guardians thread :) :thumbsup:
Thanks, Jack!
I wish it were your York! ;) It's the first trip we've taken since Feb 2020.
Me too Gary, we could have had a pint together! :D One day, hopefully, my friend :) :thumbsup:
My favorite water sport is to sit and look at it.
Someday I hope to compete on the porch of the Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island.
rMZDxFP.jpg
:D :thumbsup:
Toting these two 2 bladed jacks today. :)
Two great-looking totes there JJ :) :thumbsup:
I love GEC's but the change from two years ago has taken a bit of the wind from sail, still though, I love the brand. But I have gone back to knives that I always carried before and one would be hard pressed to find a better knife for the money than this Case 62032 Jack. No play in the blades, centered in the well, no gaps allowing light to pass through the frame, great jigged bone covers, everything nicely radiused.

I still try and purchase GEC's when I can but if I'm unsuccessful I'm ok :thumbsup:

EACUdD.jpg
Good perspective Paul :) I remember being so thrilled when I received a Case Texas Jack for Christmas one year. As luck would have it, I received a GEC #66 Serpentine Jack for my birthday a few months later, and I'm embarrassed to say that rather took the shine off the Texas Jack. It's a classic pattern though, and I certainly wouldn't go through any lolly-scramble to try and improve upon it :rolleyes: ;) :thumbsup:

Great to see your Hartshead Barlow Taylor :) :thumbsup:

Rambling is my hobby Mike :) Typical that you got sent the wrong knife I'm afraid, but it's an unusual one. I've not been impressed with the responses I've had in similar circumstances my friend :rolleyes: I have a few older Lambsfoot knives with a Pen, but only one of recent manufacture, purchased about 5 years ago. The Pen is rather over-sized, and the pull is vicious. I once thought that a Lambsfoot with a Pen would make the perfect knife, but what I found in practice was that I didn't need the Pen, and that I already had the perfect knife ;) Thanks for talking about it Mike, it's certainly very welcome in the Guardians thread :) :thumbsup:

Me too Gary, we could have had a pint together! :D One day, hopefully, my friend :) :thumbsup:

:D :thumbsup:

Two great-looking totes there JJ :) :thumbsup:

Good perspective Paul :) I remember being so thrilled when I received a Case Texas Jack for Christmas one year. As luck would have it, I received a GEC #66 Serpentine Jack for my birthday a few months later, and I'm embarrassed to say that rather took the shine off the Texas Jack. It's a classic pattern though, and I certainly wouldn't go through any lolly-scramble to try and improve upon it :rolleyes: ;) :thumbsup:
Thanks very much Jack! Good info👍🏼

Back