What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Headed to the Wagon Wheel Cafe for chow and a couple of "old timers" will get a kick out of this knife. I can't think of anyone I know in this rural area that doesn't carry a knife of some sort and we all like to take a gander at other guys knives from time to time.

1632845627786.png

NKZ3bTC.jpg

That’s the precise time that I was working at Sears in the paint and hardware department. Through high school and college. The black delrin, gold eagle shield Amazing Cutting Actions bring back a lot of memories.

Gorgeous Queen! I love the rounded bolster with the understated logo stamp, and the bone is beautiful.

I switched to my other EO Navy Jack today, and also this Craftsman “Bowie Stock Knife”.
Same Vic Camper.View attachment 1649448View attachment 1649449
I’ve been looking off and on for a navy jack knife like you have pictured. I thought I found a couple days ago but there was “2064” stamped on the pile side of the main blade. I haven’t been able to find anything on what the 2064 means.

980ED08A-B9C5-4DD6-AF2B-7B2A3D317235.jpegI’ve been carrying my CRK for the last month or so, been busy and work was demanding some stainless. We’re on the brink of a full harvest swing now though, so I’m breaking out the traditionals again!
The WNCLF has been residing in my pocket since Saturday. A good friend got married and it felt appropriate.

View attachment 1649599I’ve been carrying my CRK for the last month or so, been busy and work was demanding some stainless. We’re on the brink of a full harvest swing now though, so I’m breaking out the traditionals again!
The WNCLF has been residing in my pocket since Saturday. A good friend got married and it felt appropriate.
Just Can Not find a better carry than that one my friend . I hope all your other equipment holds up well for harvest and that the weather is favorable . Stay safe out there young man . You young farmers are kind of special to me and are our future .

Harry

Lemme guess ~ G, C, and A?
I’ve been looking off and on for a navy jack knife like you have pictured. I thought I found a couple days ago but there was “2064” stamped on the pile side of the main blade. I haven’t been able to find anything on what the 2064 means.
The 2064 is puzzler, but I’m not an expert.
The only WWII Navy General Utility Knife/Easy Open Jacks that I have seen were made by Camillus, Pal, and Imperial. Neither of mine, Cam and Pal have any numbers on the back of the main or on either side of the secondary.
But there are folks here that may chime in about the 2064...

Cool trivia ~ during the war, Remington sold all of their knife tooling and contracts to Pal Blade Co to concentrate on brass cartridge casings and ammunition.

Back