What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

G9L70jf.jpg

Went for a short walk out to our garden and had to take a sharp edged cutting instrument , or as some of my Grandkids would say , a SECI . And then used it to destroy the Mail . Old Photos

Harry
Good to hear you’re getting around Harry. 😊👍

Just Can Not find a better carry than that one my friend . I hope all your other equipment holds up well for harvest and that the weather is favorable . Stay safe out there young man . You young farmers are kind of special to me and are our future .

Harry
Thank you for the well wishes Harry. We put in a lot of work during the “off season” in hopes to prevent breakdowns, but sometimes they are inevitable! “Stay safe” is always a welcome reminder as well and I’ll heed your advice sir!

Lemme guess ~ G, C, and A?

The 2064 is puzzler, but I’m not an expert.
The only WWII Navy General Utility Knife/Easy Open Jacks that I have seen were made by Camillus, Pal, and Imperial. Neither of mine, Cam and Pal have any numbers on the back of the main or on either side of the secondary.
But there are folks here that may chime in about the 2064...

Cool trivia ~ during the war, Remington sold all of their knife tooling and contracts to Pal Blade Co to concentrate on brass cartridge casings and ammunition.
Also Jon0385 Jon0385 : Jeff , I have one each of 3 brands that you are talking about . None look as nice as yours . Below in is PAL , IMPERIAL , and CAMULLIS .
Neither of them have a Number on a Blade . The Imperial does have U.S.A. on the tang of the Pen Blade .

Harry

Went for a short walk out to our garden and had to take a sharp edged cutting instrument , or as some of my Grandkids would say , a SECI . And then used it to destroy the Mail . Old Photos

Harry
Is anything still cranking it out in your garden, or is it done?
I spent the day planting...cool weather stuff like spinach and lettuces. I also sowed a cover crop mix on the new bed I made for next year’s tomatoes.
I’m glad you’re getting out and walking. I don’t recommend kneeling to pull weeds!
Also Jon0385 Jon0385 : Jeff , I have one each of 3 brands that you are talking about . None look as nice as yours . Below in is PAL , IMPERIAL , and CAMULLIS .
Neither of them have a Number on a Blade . The Imperial does have U.S.A. on the tang of the Pen Blade .

Harry
They are wonderful. Partly because you have the trifecta, but mainly because those three veterans have seen a life of honorable service.

You may find this thread interesting. It’s from our friend Buzzbait Buzzbait , who sadly has not been too active lately.
Looks like he bought an identical knife to yours, but with brass liners meaning it was made either before or after the war, not during.

I hope you did buy it?

That’s the precise time that I was working at Sears in the paint and hardware department. Through high school and college. The black delrin, gold eagle shield Amazing Cutting Actions bring back a lot of memories.
Great memories is a lot of what we collect here - glad that ad brought back a few for you. OH

Is anything still cranking it out in your garden, or is it done?
I spent the day planting...cool weather stuff like spinach and lettuces. I also sowed a cover crop mix on the new bed I made for next year’s tomatoes.
I’m glad you’re getting out and walking. I don’t recommend kneeling to pull weeds!

They are wonderful. Partly because you have the trifecta, but mainly because those three veterans have seen a life of honorable service.

You may find this thread interesting. It’s from our friend Buzzbait Buzzbait , who sadly has not been too active lately.
Looks like he bought an identical knife to yours, but with brass liners meaning it was made either before or after the war, not during.

I hope you did buy it?
That thread was the first, and really only thing I was able to find. Thanks for the attention to detail and pointing out the brass liners. I haven’t bought it, yet. I’m trying to decide if the military specs are of particular importance or if the general era and same model are enough.

Back