What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

The last few days have been split between these two.

34-FDB453-C37-F-48-F7-B402-94-E0-A37655-A5.jpg

Fabulous pic. I just keep looking at it. Wonderful detail. Thinking: those guys had big ones. So do the two guys standing on the curb, in a chicane, in the rain, as race cars zoom by 😲

Puts me in mind of a time when I was 10-11 years old. Went to the NASCAR race at Michigan International Speedway with my parents. At one point Dad and I were standing outside the wall at the entry to turn one. Richard Petty liked to run high. Just thinking about him flashing by a few feet away at 160-170 mph in a Petty blue Plymouth Superbird with the 426 Hemi, pointy nose and big ass wing, gets my adrenalin going a little bit. Or maybe is the coffee :D Thanks for bringing that memory back :thumbsup:

Here's another pic of the 302 to stay on topic ;)
View attachment 1694259

It was the F1 shot that caught my eye too! Huge stones in the 50s and 60s when over a dozen drivers were killed in each of those decades (that photo is mid-60s…rear engine, no wing). Also the most beautiful cars were from that era. In meantime, back on topic:
3C41ABBB-ECAF-4EC1-B736-59D8690738BD.jpeg

I went to town.
I kitted out a homeless couple with socks and tee shirts, then looked at 2 different exhibitions of/on very,very old books .
Treated my self to a great lunch at the Sardinian café sitting outside in the rain,the space man was looking down on me.
Pasta is not my thing but a big tray freshly made to Mamas recipe was to good to miss,along with good coffee.
I bought the last 2 apricot croissants for breakfast as well.
Told a joke 2 people laughed out loud,I am funny.
Went in a book shop and the assistant let me have this Beatles book for £15.
😁

Dig the old Victorinox Soldier, Johnny.

…can’t get the F1 out of my head this am…must be Friday. Couple weeks ago I posted this photo from the Velocity Invitational at Laguna Seca. Was having a beer with my wife on the display turf…off to our left was an outstanding display of six or seven Gurney Eagles, the loveliest single seaters of all time. F1 in front, Indy behind in this shot.
90794E51-6ADF-407D-B73F-B6E89FEDF70B.jpeg4CF7B658-D6F3-4B26-84D8-EFA60BBA2DC7.jpeg

What a great picture, Jon. Sorry your team lost but it looks like you had a good time. 🤠 :thumbsup:

Such a cool knife, I like the blade configuration too. Looks very useful for just about any situation. 🤠 :thumbsup:

That's a very elegant looking knife, Jack. A true gentleman's carry. 🤠 :thumbsup:

Cool knife, GT. Makes me want to be sitting on a lake and fishing. 🤠 :thumbsup:

A true Yin and Yang pair. Opposite frames, one light and one dark, one with shield and one without, one square blade and one round, yet both very elegant. 🤠 :thumbsup:
You observed a lot there, John! I hadn’t even thought of most of those details when I picked them. Apparently I like contrasts.

That’s an awesome picture Jon, and what a cool souvenir. 😎👍

Tampa is a tough beat anywhere. 10 years from now your daughter probably won't remember the score or who won, but every time she looks a that puck she'll remember how she got it and the time she spent with you at the game.

What a great picture, Jon. Sorry your team lost but it looks like you had a good time. 🤠 :thumbsup:

Jon0385 Jon0385 Jon0385 Jon0385
What a score there Jon !!
She’ll remember that puck forever :D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks everyone. I couldn’t have asked for a better time

Lots of clatter out front and dogs barking this morning so, that means there was an intruder in the front driveway and yard. Before reaching for my shotgun, I glanced out the window and spotted a UPS truck. Willie the driver was dropping off a huge box and I knew right away it was my Keurig K-Cup coffee order. Got it in the house and sliced the tape on the box with this Queen single blade Trapper. I'll carry it the rest of the day - the knife not the box of coffee.

Queen Factory Sample Trapper 1 .jpg

I know why I bought this new rucksack,but can someone tell me why I bought and am totin this French beauty?

I know its as good as anything GEC have done along similar lines.
I know its the perfect pocket size,easy to pinch open,lovely wood scales,sharp,easy to care for stainless and good looking.

But I already had 2 so now I have 3 and I had said to myself no more for a while as I have 3 on the way from the USA (at the last count).

its madness 😁

Back