What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Thursday carry

AFlcabT.jpg
This Boker Jack is a handsome guy.
Just out combing the field for new calves.

9k7Ny4V.jpg

Wow...sorry...bad dad joke. 😁
Hey. SomeTINES you just have to go with it.
Humble but always reliable companion.

W5JNsJ2.jpg
And supremely practical!
toda2275.jpg

toda2274.jpg

Have a nice day :cool:
Candy for the eyes.
I like the Boker Evergreen, but it just doesn't have the Genesee craw of a copperhead. (I can't spell je ne sais quois.)
3oly2vA.jpg
But it does possess a certain Funk Shway.

I spent a whole year buying and selling GEC knives just to try as many patterns as I could (this was before the secondary market was so inflated, and I could limit myself to spending no more than $150 max for a GEC). I think that has helped make it easier for me to part of the ones I buy for myself. I don't sell gifts, although I have given one or two gifted knives away for a special reason. There have been many really desirable GECs come and go through my collection, and I've taken the perspective that it is more enjoyable to give others a chance to possess and enjoy a well made knife as it would be for it to sit in my collection, uncarried (or rarely carried)--especially since a lot of the nice GECs I have had a chance to try required someone selling it to me out of their collection.

That's a tough question! I don't really mind losing what I recently sold--they were great knives (a 74 stallion recovered by Glennbad, a 44 gunstock blade delete and recover by Javi Garcia, a 66 stag white owl), but I had other versions of the same patterns (a 74 stainless mustang recovered by Glennbad, a Moran gunstock, a 66 pony jack I won in a giveaway) to enjoy. I think of the many GECs I've sold that I regret, the top three would be:

1. #35 Harness Jack/#35 Churchill
2. #93 Lambsfoot
3. #76 Western Outlaw
Those are 3 that I would have had a very hard time getting rid of .

Harry

Happy Thursday Porch Friends.
Starting my day with my Usual Lamb and a Case Small Moose.
Nice Duo John, that moose has nice covers that really change appearance depending on the light. You sport a great blade selection with that pair :thumbsup:
Really frozen today following a short thaw yesterday.
One of my favourite knives ever…
View attachment 1724661
A comfortable Thursday to All:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Nice Gus, I like that old Kabar. A favorite Barlow of mine is a recent release Case with similar black synthetic covers.
Like this one a lot. Have a great day everyone. 😊View attachment 1724670
I like that one a lot also Todd, I need to carry mine more, nice picture of it :thumbsup:
Ground will be looking much whiter tomorrow at this time, and for a few more days after that.

5CQsTVu.jpg
Very nice Jeremy, those White Owls offer a good blade selection. Do I sense a theme here with those knife slips ;) :)
That's a beauty, Paul! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
Thanks Gary :thumbsup:

I like these 49/94's with their different cover options, I like the size and especially the amount of blade packed into the frame. I think in the future a pen or coping blade secondary would be nice. Here's my new to me Blue paired with a favorite 84mm SAK.
R19wx0.jpg

Quite a tasty treat for the middle of the week, Jack; love the stag covers on both of your beauties! :cool: :cool: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Thanks a lot JJ :) :thumbsup:
Fabulous pair Rachel :) :thumbsup:
Toting a couple of wood covered slicers from France. :)
I love the smell of juniper in the morning! :D Delightful duo JJ :cool: :thumbsup:
Congratulations Dan :cool: :) :thumbsup:
We drove over to Brodhead , Wisconsin today to go to our favorite Cheese Factory to get some Stettler Swiss and mixed Munster and Cheddar Curds , and have a great cheese sandwich . First time we have been there for over a year . Decatur Dairy

This is the view of the area immediately around the cheese factory . Just a small factory out in the country . 3 miles west of Brodhead .

Knife Content : Todays Carry : Northfield Stag 47 and 77 Barlow

Harry

Edited to add : They also have some great Ice Cream
Nice trip Harry :) Did you pass TCOTI by any chance? :thumbsup:
WzafIL8.jpg
Todays wooden Wednesday carry!
Looking good Taylor :cool: :thumbsup:
Happy Thursday Porch Friends.
Starting my day with my Usual Lamb and a Case Small Moose.
Great brace John :) :thumbsup:
Thanks for posting that wonderful old Rendezvous pic, Jack! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
Your HHB and Primble make a potent and productive pocketknife package! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sensational stag lambsfoot pair, Jack! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Guess it's a DSLD for you! 🤓
Thank you kindly Gary :D :) :thumbsup:
View attachment 1724697
Two cam tangs on a rainy day.
Handsome pair Joshua :) :thumbsup:

Just a Big 'Un for me today ;) :thumbsup:

i1uYPbX.jpg

Nice to see the AC getting some more pocket time. 🤠:thumbsup:
Nice Duo John, that moose has nice covers that really change appearance depending on the light. You sport a great blade selection with that pair
Thank you, Paul. :)
The covers are pretty cool, in some lights they look Green and in others they look Brown.
Oh ya... Add a small pen blade and I would have been all over those. 🤠:thumbsup:
Great brace John
Thank you, Jack. :)
And I see you put it to good use today. 🤠:thumbsup:

Well, we laid in plenty of grape jelly, sausage, butter, and biscuits along with other groceries yesterday so we're taking today off and just lounging around the homestead. Therefore, I've set aside the 3-blade CV Case Sowbelly in favor of my 1-blade CV Case Sowbelly.

Single Blade Case CV Sowbelly 1 .jpg

Last edited:
Back