What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

wharnecliffecopperheadblue.jpg

Just this, an old favorite of mine, and the Vic Executive in this pic:

knivesgunsgoats160.jpg

Very nice .
What model is the Case in the top picture please ?

Now, as soon as finances will allow (which means it won't be for a long while), I need to get me a CV Peanut. Kind've a toss up as to whether it will be the yeller or red handles ones.

Hey ElCuchillo, here's a hint from a knife knut who had to raise three kids on my machinist sallery and Karen's sallery as a reseptionist. At the end of the day when your going to bed, take the little bit of spare change out of your pocket and put it in a corner of your sock drawer in an old sock. Just keep doing that every single night, even if it's only pennys. After a while that sock gets pretty heavy. When its been a few weeks to a month or even a month and a half dump in one of those Coinstar machines they have at some of the supermarkets and you'll be surprised at how spare change mounts up.

I bought many a new pocket knife with saved up pocket change when I was a family man with a horde to feed. You can have a new pocket knife every few months like that.;)

In this day and age it may be kind of a novel idea, saving up for something. Kind of a folksy thing from the past.:D

Today I'm going for the Western Boulder 651.

westernfolder.jpg

Slim stockman, turkish clip and pen on one spring.

Here's an "interesting" selection for you...it's what I had on me today when I took a little trip by air to some of my sites here in lovely Northern Iraq:

left front pocket of my jeans: Old Timer 34OT
right front pocket: Victorinox SAK Farmer
clipped to right front pocket: "dehorned" Benchmade Mini-AFCK
on belt: Gerber Compact Sport Multi-Tool
on belt: Victorinox Ranger SAK

On survival pouch belt: Cold Steel SRK and a Leatherman WAVE

Not exactly my EDC, but it seemed like a good idea to have along! It's a rough neighborhood here if you have to go walking!

Ron (guess I inherited some of those "knife nut" genes, too, jackknife!)

Not exactly my EDC, but it seemed like a good idea to have along! It's a rough neighborhood here if you have to go walking!

Ron, from what I hear its a rough nieghborhood to do anything in. :eek:

Stay safe and God bless!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

jackknife, in less than 2 weeks, I'll be home in Texas, and will be able to "test" my "new" 1981 Case Moose, and my Scibeer-modded Vic Farmer with scissors as EDC options. I'm looking forward to that!:D

Today (and each day I'm at work) I carried my Case amber bone peanut that my wife gave me as an anniversary goft back in November. It is effortless to carry in dress pants, and rides in the watch pocket, if my pants have one. I use it daily to poke holes in the covers of the quicky microwave lunches I heat up.

Believe it or not, this freaked someone out a week or two ago. If you're scared of a peanut being used for a mundane kitchen task, you had better just stay home in bed. I also have been getting some sideways glances and remarks about riding my motorcycle to work, now that the weather is starting to improve. I admit to sort of enjoying being vaguely subversive in my uber-PC work environment, but it does wear thin after awhile.

I also keep an old style Leatherman Wave in the courier bag that serves as my brief case, along with a small flashlight and lighter (although I don't smoke - you never know when you could use some fire).

stuck at work today so it's the dreaded case 3375, yellow scales, cv. hey it went through its first tornado last thursday and did just fine.

I'm carrying an old Camillus made Buck 301 that Buck has kindly repaired at no cost.

You know, it's interesting that Foilist freaked someone out with a Peanut, because so have I!! Someone at work inquired why I needed to carry a weapon around.
A Weapon?
Peanut = weapon?
It's made me think about my EDC choices, and I've realized something. The ONLY knife I ever carried that didn't illicit any type of questioning remarks or looks was my Vic Super Tinker. My Soddie Jr. got me some looks, my Peanut got me some looks..... my Leatherman, before it broke, got me some questions (Why are you carrying that thing? You're not at work or anything?) Even my Vic Cadet and Wenger SI worried people. Something about the red scales on the Super Tinker, I guess, that keeps people calm. I think they look at it more as a gadget then a knife, or tool. Since I am in essence multitool-less for now, I think I'm going back to my Vic ST, and test the theory. Without being obnoxious or overly obvious about it, I am going to use it in front of nervous sheeple, and see what they think.
A Peanut as a weapon? What the............. ?!?!?!?!

Today I carried a Case CV sodbuster jr and a titanium PrySTR from STR. I stopped buy the BUDK showroom and picked up a very nice Queen Country Cousin. The color is listed as amber but I call it yeller.

Got a new knife in the mail from Kerry Hampton so this is what I am carrying today:

khbp31gi4.jpg

I'm a happy boy!

Very nice .
What model is the Case in the top picture please ?

Wharncliffe Copperhead, 6249 W SS. I've seen a few in CV with red bone handles, but this is what I bought while on leave between Afghanistan and Iraq at Lowes when they were clearing out a case of blue bone handled Case knives. I think I spent 15 bucks on it. Should have bought more!

Anyway, today I carried that little brown Case jackknife and the Executive from my second picture, and added a Case slimline barehead trapper in yellow delrin in the back pocket. That combo has been carried a lot lately.

I have a new EDC today!:D I went over to the PX earlier today to pick up some binoculars for one of my site managers, and I found they had restocked the knife section! So I picked up a Benchmade 527SBK axis-lock folder. It's light and sharp and I hardly notice it clipped to my right front pants pocket. It's one neat little knife! :thumbup:

Ron

Different day and I am carrying one of my favorite "office patterns" a '83 type whittler.

This one is by Tony Huffman. I carry it quite a bit. The pic is from Tony's site when the knife was new.

splitwhittler.jpg

Back