What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

At work (building woodstoves) a carbon steel large Schrade trapper (14OT I think). At home, a tiny Browning stainless trapper with stag scales.

Case Soddie
Colonial Barlow
and Case Caliber
DSCF0581.jpg

DSCF0575.jpg

hi, usualyy either a bear cutlery stockman,in the 37/8 size, or the queen cattle pattern [large] stockman, and in my truck an old 70s sheepsfoot kabar barlow i found, in case i get to work and forgot my regulars,aqnd on my key ring a old 2 1/2 pen? 1 blade stamped usa,probably from the 60s or 70s but it sure can get a razor edge,thanks

Well, today it will be my trusty Old Timer 34OT, a Vic Farmer SAK and my newly-acquired Benchmade 527 (not traditional, but little, light and handy!).

Ron

Its supposed to be around 55°F, so I'm planning on doing some work outside.
I didn't decide what pocketknife to carry yet, so there's none on the photo.
k640yardworkdm7.jpg

Peter

Here is another vintage large Stockman I just got in a trade with a very fine member here that is dressed in nice tightly grained hardwood scales that is stained in a cherry color. Brass bolsters, liners and pins and what appears to be stainless steel blades and backsprings. She even has a match striker pull on her main clip blade with a front side swedge or false edge as well. Its an Imperial USA brand that has the tang stamp FRONTIER in a semi -circle and a powder-horn design below it. I polished her up and started edc'n as of late. I really am falling in love with this very well made slippy!.:)

000_1830.jpg

000_1831.jpg

Victorinox Farmer in right jacket pocket and classic on keychain. Playing with Case yellow delrin handled medium stockman in CV

Cheers,
Cluckey

Have a new Jerry Halfrich Sowbelly Lockback and a Ruple copperhead w/ greenbone.:D:thumbup: Feels good in the pocket! The sowbelly is in a sheath that fits to the inside of my pocket w/ a clip. By Mr Paul Long:thumbup:

Have a new Jerry Halfrich Sowbelly Lockback and a Ruple copperhead w/ greenbone.:D:thumbup: Feels good in the pocket! The sowbelly is in a sheath that fits to the inside of my pocket w/ a clip. By Mr Paul Long:thumbup:

Halfrich and Ruple and Long! Oh my! :thumbup:

Vic Tinker on belt, Case Wharny Copperlock CV, yellow Delrin in back pocket. Shooting, adjusted a scope setting w/the Tinker. Yardwork, trimmed some roses w/Case. Lunch, sliced cheese for sammiches w/Case, opened package of sausage for sammiches, too.

Here is another vintage large Stockman I . . . Its an Imperial USA brand that has the tang stamp FRONTIER in a semi -circle and a powder-horn design below it. I polished her up and started edc'n as of late. I really am falling in love with this very well made slippy!.:)

I bought two of these, a #4432 (white delrin) & a #4434 (black delrin), and they had some storage marks. Other than that, they're new, right down to factory edges on a couple of the blades. They were a little gummy from sitting for so long, but once I cleaned & oiled them, they were in such good shape that they became my "dress" knives, for special occasions. (We're going to a nice dinner tonight, so the white one gets to go out tonight. :thumbup: )

I'm on a constant lookout for anything by Frontier now . . .

thx - cpr

sunnyd - THAT is a mighty fine looking stockman!:thumbup:

Today, for the first time I am carrying these. Peanut in its own pouch, Fong custom in Paul Long pouch given to me by a friend on the forum for Christmas clipped to the inside of my jeans. Today is a Good Day to be alive.
Jim

attachment.php

attachment.php

Thanks for the comments orka8589 and Kerry,

The very first time ever with anything from Frontier/Imperial USA and I must say, if'n I have anything to say about it, it won't be my last..:thumbup:

I carried a stockman and CV Soddie Jr. today. This is the only stockman that I own mow and the only one that I will carry. I modified this one some time back turning the spey into a secondary clip and the sheepfoot into a wharncliffe. Spey blades have turned into a pet peeve for me recently. I never use them. You won't find an unused knife in my house and to have a knife with an unused blade, in my opinion, is just as bad. This one is an old cheapo with some kind of synthetic scales, but it sharpens nice and feels right at home in my front pocket.
DSCF0585.jpg

Back