What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Boker Brown Washboard Bone Copperhead for me today.
Copperhead.jpg

WOW that some great detail in the picture, well done. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

edit: nice knife as well :D

Peter

Thanks Peter,

And I really like your vintage Western Boy Scout knife. I used to have one very similar to that model.

Anthony

1980 Buck/Camillus Cadet. (It's a small Stockman.)

Yesterday and today has been a Wenger backpacker and a Boker trapper with jigged black delrin scales and carbon steel blades.

Well this is not my photo but it is my knife and I carried it today. I wish I knew who took the picture I could use a few lessons. Schrade 61OT. Not as fancy as all the other guys but it has great steel and the Delrin goes forever. Just a real good knife

a357a-1.jpg

older case xx barlow. that thing is getting a nice dark patina and I put a shaving sharp edge on it yesterday and finished it off on the strop. That polished edge in contrast to the patina really stands out. Don't forget the SAK manager in the left pocket.

Yep just like thawk said they are carbon. That's one of the things I like about the knife the carbon blades and the shape of the main blade. I think they call it a Turkish Clip, however I have heard other names for it.

I keep all my most of my pocket knifes in a padded antique tea can. Fished out my first traditional, a Case Mini-Trapper, pocket worn red bone.

tjg

Great Eastern Northfield #23 Pioneer in bubinga wood

Attachments

• obj2948geo3038pg39p2.jpg
    obj2948geo3038pg39p2.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 139
31048CV, Wharncliffe Copperlock CV, and an SAK Tinker. Relaxing on my recliner now, just the Tinker in my jeans.

Last week I broke in a Queen Canoe in Amber stag Bone

This week breaking in a Queen Whittler in white stag bone.
Been keeping a piece of root with shoots for the project.

I used my Case Bone Stag Peanut today, and man did it perform like a champ (not the SAK). We just got a new, wild caught, 10 foot American Crocodile at Gatorland. It came in and was all taped up and tied up from the trappers that had her previously. My multitool handled all the cable cutting, but my Peanut handled the rest. The croc was wrapped up in some comforters, and taped up around the body with thick duct tape. My coworker had a chinese tacticool Fury blade, which was struggling with the tape. I used the Peanut, and ba-da-bing, tape gone. Then when it came time to release the croc, we had to cut the electrical tape from around it's eyes and mouth. However, the trappers put SOOOO much tape, that it was a thick layer on it's head. The tacticool was useless, so another co-worker handed my boss her Buck 303 Cadet (Which I gave her, by the way), and it did ok, but he was having to cut and cut and cut. I figured I'd try my peanut, so I handed it to him with the pen blade out, and not only did it slice through the tape, it sliced through the croc's nose!! Nothing major, just a little scratch, but.... damn!!! No effort what so ever. The Buck had a tough time, but the peanut ate it up. Both blades were sharp, but the peanut cut like a light saber. As I said elsewhere, no matter what knife I carry, or try to experiment with, I always come back to my Peanut. One day I'll get a CV one, and then I will be set. My Swisstool EDC, and my peanut. What more do I need?

Back