What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Today, it was a Wharncliffe Copperhead in blue bone. Tomorrow, I'm feeling that the barehead slimline trapper is going back to work with me.

Had to show this one. Found this one at a yard sale nice and dirty. Took it home, polished it (which took a little while in some areas). I think it cleaned up good. Then I changed the clip blade style that I seem to like more. Anyway, this is what I carried today.
DSCF0640.jpg

DSCF0641.jpg

Case Medium Stockman (yellow, CV).

Also a large Böker sodbuster (yellow, 1095).

Yesterday was Schrade Uncle Henry and large yellow/CV Case sodbuster day.

Day before was Buck Cadet day.

Just tryin' out different stuff.

Today it`s the bottom one of these W. Kneissler farmers knives. :)

800_3938623134303130.jpg

As I mentioned in another thread already, they are rough but reliable made knives. (Handmade in Germany by a german :D) The cow horn handled one costs only 25.- Euros! ;):D

When it was still like new (some years ago :cool: )

800_3133363338333434.jpg

Just curious, what do you mean "changed the clip blade style"?
looks to me like Morablades rounded the tip a little more, to enable the main blade, to do delicate tasks a little better.

picture:
tipoq5.jpg

BTW Im carrying a roughcut camillus stockman right now.

Peter

I just procured a Case 63047 (3 dot, 1977) with CV blades and green bone handles. It was in unused condition (spots of rust, but never been sharpened). I've spent the last couple of evenings working on the edge, oiling the joints....I have a feeling that this will be the last knife I drop in my pocket for quite a while!!

Friends,

Today in my EDC, I am carrying a Bose/Case Collab from 2004, the Muskrat. Still Waaayyyyy Sharp! I also rotate some other collabs, the dogleg jack, and lockback whittler. (My fave)! :thumbup:

Kent

Had to show this one. Found this one at a yard sale nice and dirty. Took it home, polished it (which took a little while in some areas). I think it cleaned up good. Then I changed the clip blade style that I seem to like more. Anyway, this is what I carried today.

Looks really nice. What did you use to polish up the carbon steel? Do you have a "before" picture? It looks like new. Carrying an old Western Slim Stockman today.

Back