What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Lettered Bolsters

IMG_20141130_102719.jpg

GT, In its own way.... it is beautiful.:) Thanks!
So is that OD canvas! I wish they would use more canvas and less linen.
Thanks, Mark. I don't have much experience with micarta covers, but I agree that the canvas micarta looks good and I'll bet it's very durable.

Thanks guys! We're having a great trip! (I'll have to share some photos in the off-topic thread.)

We're at my brother's place in Bath now. Here's my #25 with one of the local residents. :D

M6qvqYh.jpg
I've seen quite a few of those huge slugs (as well as their shelled cousins) crawling around here. The evening we arrived at my brother's place, I picked up a snail from outside and put him in the kitchen sink while no one was looking. It made for a good laugh when my sister-in-law went to wash her hands. :D

eTXDJuk.jpg

Barrett, you're certainly the perfect houseguest!! :eek::D
My daughter happened to see your "creature feature" over my shoulder last night, and was quite grossed out (even though she and my wife spent a couple of days in Bath in April). I really like the color of that beast, and am wondering whether a "slug leather" pocket slip is feasible!! :rolleyes:

That's a looker, Bob!! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:

Apart from sitting on the rectangular ones, I think that is possibly the nearest I have been to a hay-bale GT! :D When I was a kid, we still had hay-stacks like this :) ;) :thumbsup:

Claude_Monet._Haystack._End_of_the_Summer._Morning._1891._Oil_on_canvas._Louvre%2C_Paris%2C_France.jpg

Great to see your Higo :) :thumbsup:
Thanks for "hyping my higo", Jack. :) Cool haystacks, but those apparently went out of fashion in Michigan earlier than in Yorkshire!! ;) (Or you're a lot older than you look! :p)

Yes, it's a coco stallion. I'm hooked on those fine ladies and find it refreshing to see what Joan Chamorro is doing with the youth. Sounds like you had a wondrous time. My mom did that needle point and her name is Joan...it was a tribute to her... I love you Mom
:thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Fantastic! Also, I'm jealous.

We only got about this far...

IMG_7597.jpg~original

o_O

~ P.
I'll repeat myself from a different thread: that's an unforgettable image, Sarah!!! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:

How's this for hickory n steel ?

:D
Looks great to me! :D:thumbsup:

You are correct 5K Qs 5K Qs Gt . The rack that I made for the 77 Northfield Barlows has slots for an EDC plus one for every day of the week . As you can now figure out , 8 slots . I had 9 of the 77 Barlows . I traded Ron 2 absolutely perfect ones for the LHL 73 and a White Bone Powder Horn . I walked away happy with 2 that I have never had . A left handed knife and a Powder Horn. I will get another 77 Barlow someday to have at least 8 again .
Congrats, Harry; sounds like a good time was had by all in those trades! :cool::thumbsup: I was joking about running out of room in your barlow rack!

My first Case, a brand new Carhartt Mini Trapper Wharncliffe 6107W SS made in 2013 for less than $30. I think this will be a keeper.
8Pc4oH5.jpg

yeWk6Id.jpg

Congrats, Titan, your first Case is definitely a Wharncliffe winner! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

5K Qs 5K Qs

DHIII stands for Don Hanson III M.S. who made the knife. I picked the stag out at Blade 2014 and Don made the knife in 2016.

View attachment 753808
Thanks for the info and another photo, ISK!! :thumbsup::cool: Since I like "representational art" on tang stamps, the little fish on your tang stamp seems like an bonus feature for an incredible knife! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm carrying these two today :thumbsup:

Another auspicious daily double, Jack! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Impressive camo covers on your knife, Jolipapa!! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

A Yellow Rose 83 in honor of the Sun.
View attachment 753823
Always a treat to see one of your Yellow Roses, Alan; thanks! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I have been sick with a nasty summer cold the last few days, been having fun catching up this morning though, great carries everyone!
Couple of nice carries GT, that Frost is a cool blade :thumbsup: :cool:
For me today:

Your "basic black" custom fixed blade pairs up well with almost any folder, Tom!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
I hope you shake your cold soon, and thanks for the comments on my knives. That Frost Flying Falcon is the only knife I've acquired in a pawn shop, I think. It's not a bad little single-blade slipjoint, and, as I explained in my comment on ISKski's post above, I'm a fan of the tang stamp:
hVeTOjf.jpg

That's a magnificent vintage Barlow, Jeff!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Lettered Bolsters

IMG_20141130_102719.jpg
Outstanding red bone trio, Dee!! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:

This week, I'm back on my weekly rotation schedule. :)
Stockman of the Week is a big Buck 371 (thanks, Randy):
4c35iEX.jpg

Canoe of the Week is a Buck stag canoe:
KIJDrdr.jpg

"Big Knife" of the Week is a Rough Rider melon tester:
clmJh5s.jpg

- GT

Thanks for "hyping my higo", Jack. :) Cool haystacks, but those apparently went out of fashion in Michigan earlier than in Yorkshire!! ;) (Or you're a lot older than you look! :p)

Another auspicious daily double, Jack! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

hVeTOjf.jpg

4c35iEX.jpg

KIJDrdr.jpg

clmJh5s.jpg

Thanks for the kind words my friend, they have always been a bit behind the times in Yorkshire (though I recall seeing haystacks like that further south too)! ;) I like that tang stamp too, as well as the three knives you're carrying (along with the rest!). First time I've seen that Melon Tester I think :thumbup:

Old Engineer Old Engineer Harry that is definitely some nice Ram's Horn! Just curious did you guys get to pick the one you wanted or was it luck of the draw? :thumbsup:
Thank you my friend . I just got lucky on receiving this I think . We were only asked if we wanted Smooth or Rough finish . Smooth being the Interior surface of the horn and Rough being the Exterior surface . I think an awful lot of the people got Lucky . There have been some amazing Ramshorn covers shown . I would really like to get a GEC 72 , 73 , 74 , 83 , 85 , or 47 with Exterior Ramshorn and Steel Liners and Pins .

Harry

Last edited:
Back