What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

I found Churchill's big brother and it has joined me today.

L3oMXUi.jpg
Nice! Churchill's baby sister is with me. ;)
#35 and #09 _001.jpg

Wooden Wednesday gives me an excuse to carry something other than brown jigged bone today. These two are in ebony: an Aerial Cutlery (Marinette, Wis., 1912-1944) swell-center pen (with a surgical/manicure blade) and a Clause (Fremont, OH, 1887-?) swell-end jack with a sheepfoot main.

6SpmzKB.jpg

It looks like the Clause (on top below) received a blow to the liner at the butt end of the mark side - no issue with the short pen).

btMsDbY.jpg

HhN5LnS.jpg

vws19eX.jpg

The Clause has a nice long pull on that sheepfoot. The dust on the ebony cover wiped off, but too dang cold for another pic.

2hoqRkp.jpg

- Stuart

Last edited:
This week’s pair was my Case Red Etch Peanut and GEC 78 in Dark Chestnut.
I’m always surprised at the detail that comes out in iPhone photos. These pics show a wicked scratch on the tip of the 78 blade, yet in actuality it’s almost impossible to see. I’ve been playing with this knife for over a week and never noticed any scratch until I took this pic.

DE1D0C6B-2FFA-4195-B449-3E13921CAC1E.jpeg 102A66F9-C810-428C-A740-5FEE8A0C36EE.jpeg

Gev, that's a real looker!
Isn't it !! I'm still a little dazed by the generosity and it's perfection in fulfilling my dreams and desires. It has not left my side since it arrived. Kris read a one liner I posted and took immediate action through another member ( @Chris Montgomery ) who coordinated the effort. Both.... true gentlemen. Truly heart warming !!! I have some Work to do ;)

A beautiful (and artful) picture of a gorgeous knife, Gev. Well done!
- Stuart
Thank you so much, Stuart !!! When I see you have posted I hurry to your post :) Like your post today....that Aerial looks like a knife Mr. Bose utilized as inspiration for a pattern of his. A truly amazing knife !! The Clause is a gem too ! Heck....I covet every old knife you post...lol. You have an amazing collection and present them so well....Thank You !!! I have been hitting the like button to much and not expressing myself enough lately. I'm on the mend now and almost to the hump in the middle :thumbsup: Good Lord willing

Back