What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Packed up my knife collection today.

Ia3PhXI.jpg

I also dropped Eleanor off at the airport this morning. Not by herself, of course. :D She’s staying with grandma for a few days to avoid the cross-country drive part of this whole moving business. This will be her first time away from both of us, and she also happens to be exactly 18 months old today, so I figured it was a good day to carry the Nifebrite #71 I had with me the day she was born. It mostly served as a GEC tube opener today. :thumbsup:

- wow :eek::thumbsup:

I would be in trouble with the missus if she saw that many in one go.........I always get them out a handful at a time ;)

Best of luck with the move :)

Miserable weather for outdoor pictures today so will have to make do with utilizing some of the light in my new office. Not ideal but hopefully not too unpleasant.

7XgLfhf.jpg
Beautiful knives, and it looks like you have a view of water out the office window? Lucky!
Been awhile since I've had the 1911-1912 Union Knifeworks NYC, Modified Moose Box Cutter out. Got a lot of cardboard in the basement to dispose of so this will most likely be pocket bound all week. The weather was overcast and made for a nice pic, haven't taken one in a bit so here is the one from this afternoon.

APxdISU.jpg
I always enjoy seeing your Moose, T.

It's a Wooden Wednesday for me:
Enzo and lambfoot.jpg

Dashing duo, Tom; I really like their shields! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Some of the knives I'm carrying this week include these.
Stockman of the Week is a Case chestnut jigged bone CV sowbelly (thanks, Ron):
TXjX5EF.jpg

Canoe of the Week is a Rough Rider with painted desert covers:
c5cKPXb.jpg

International Knife of the Week is an Okapi Big Sable:
o2yxMaF.jpg

Big Knife of the Week is a Remington Big Daddy Barlow (thanks, Shawn):
6A2DqJH.jpg

- GT

Thanks GT, great pics! Love the bullet Remington; I recently received a Remington Ranch Hand as a gift with a bullet shield that I am trying to get into working shape (needs a little blade work where the edge is contacting the back spring).

I
Fantastic combo Tom :thumbsup:

I have these two with me today ;) :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack, gorgeous combo!

Mine for Wednesday:

Been awhile since I've had the 1911-1912 Union Knifeworks NYC, Modified Moose Box Cutter out. Got a lot of cardboard in the basement to dispose of so this will most likely be pocket bound all week. The weather was overcast and made for a nice pic, haven't taken one in a bit so here is the one from this afternoon.

APxdISU.jpg
tcSCn0l.jpg
Incredible bone jigging and color! :thumbsup: Wow!

825AD39A-5C85-4BF5-8804-10D8274A6E54.jpeg
First day back in the shop since early October. A health scare, overtime, holidays, family in town, vacation, more holidays, kids off cause of cold/snow, and finally I get back to normal I hope. And the first day is spend sanding fiberglass..... seeing the thread about schrade vs 81 gec made me decide to carry my 81 today.

Really enjoying my time with my Saber #85. I used a Cape Cod Coth on it and it sure did polish up well.

I digress, it’s lunch time here, and this is how I eat...mostly. Eat smart and well for longevity and mental heath - we all have choices. This lunch is around $2 and has lots of nutrients. I couldn’t buy a cancer burger at fast food for less.

Enjoy the day!

7AF05834-6912-47B1-B0F7-49B99610955F.jpeg

Hypnotic wood and wondrous horn, Dylan! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Looks like you have a nice view from your new office!! ;)

My non-Alox SAK of the Week is coincidentally a Vic Recruit that Greg "tuned up" for whittling and sent me (along with a little bust he carved); thanks, Greg:
fN14nZI.jpg

Alox of the Week is a Classic (thanks, Ken):
WkPrak7.jpg

Bailed non-SAK of the Week is my first knife, my Colonial Forest-Master from ca 1960:
belHxdc.jpg

Miscellaneous Knife of the Week is a Belknap Blue Grass Barlow:
mgXcUih.jpg

- GT

Thank you for the kind compliments, GT. I'll include a better picture of my office view further down in the post. You have a superb assortment of knives to keep you company this week!

Just this one for me today :) :thumbsup:

a-wright-sb-large-lambsfoot-4-4-jpg.834817

Always a pleasure to see that one, Jack.

Beautiful knives, and it looks like you have a view of water out the office window? Lucky!

Thank you, r8shell. And yes! A terrific view indeed. Though this time of year, it does look a bit drab. It has been raining the last couple of days pretty steadily so the river is a bit swollen.

Nevertheless, behold the mighty Willamette River!

cV3NQdR.jpg

It's a Wooden Wednesday for me:
enzo-and-lambfoot-jpg.834895

Terrific duo for Wooden Wednesday! Has to be one of the most useful combos ever.

Mine for Wednesday:

That Beer Scout is always a wonder to behold. Fantastic pairing today, Tom!

Monday brought a little sorrow with it, the passing of a literary stalwart, a goddess amongst writers, Ursula K. Le Guin. She was 88 years of age and lived not too far from where I am in Portland, Oregon. Not only did she hold many awards for her various works but she was a champion for reading in general and never stopped advocating for American literature, books, and fellow writers. She will be greatly missed but her works will never die.

Here is a favorite excerpt of hers that I penned. (Please forgive my penmanship, I mainly write in print at work for convenience and legibility)

u0juf6c.jpg

I forgot to grab one of her books from home to take a knife picture with but I found a suitable replacement. Mrs. Le Guin was very fond of Tolkien and his works and though admittedly influenced by his writings, she never let them steer the course of her own imaginative prose.

ip18xYq.jpg

Always a pleasure to see that one, Jack.

Thank you, r8shell. And yes! A terrific view indeed. Though this time of year, it does look a bit drab. It has been raining the last couple of days pretty steadily so the river is a bit swollen.

Nevertheless, behold the mighty Willamette River!

cV3NQdR.jpg

Terrific duo for Wooden Wednesday! Has to be one of the most useful combos ever.

Monday brought a little sorrow with it, the passing of a literary stalwart, a goddess amongst writers, Ursula K. Le Guin. She was 88 years of age and lived not too far from where I am in Portland, Oregon. Not only did she hold many awards for her various works but she was a champion for reading in general and never stopped advocating for American literature, books, and fellow writers. She will be greatly missed but her works will never die.

Here is a favorite excerpt of hers that I penned. (Please forgive my penmanship, I mainly write in print at work for convenience and legibility)

u0juf6c.jpg

I forgot to grab one of her books from home to take a knife picture with but I found a suitable replacement. Mrs. Le Guin was very fond of Tolkien and his works and though admittedly influenced by his writings, she never let them steer the course of her own imaginative prose.

ip18xYq.jpg

Thanks Dylan, that is indeed a wonderful view :) I was also sorry to learn of the death of Ursula Le Guin :( :thumbsup:

Alluring all-star alliteration, Stuart!! :thumbsup::cool::cool:;) And I'd call that Sabre Barlow with the arresting covers quite an aristocratic knife!! :cool::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks, GT. Your quartet looks geared for utility and I particularly like the Blue Grass barlow for any likely cutting chores.
- Stuart

u0juf6c.jpg

ip18xYq.jpg

Thanks Dylan, fantastic picture and a great quote.

Back