1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Spyderco C230GPPBK Lil Native Black Blade & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Nov 16!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Nov 17 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Esav Benyamin has passed. Please pay your respects here

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Whetstone39

Whetstone39 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2013
    These two today, hope everyone is having a fine weekend.

[​IMG]

willard0341, GE Jr, Pàdruig and 26 others like this.
  2. traumkommode

traumkommode Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 3, 2015
    Thanks, Ron! Isn't she sharp? And I do mean in both senses - I've got the edge so keen she'll slice paper towel.

Half/Stop likes this.
  3. Duckdog

Duckdog Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Many thanks, Jack. I did not start posting in earnest until this past August and I easily realize that, by the standards set by stalwarts of this thread, I am a piker, if not a pissant. However, if I show up every day, apply myself and do an honest day's work that Porch pension will start piling up and, then, begin pouring out.
    " 'O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
    He chortled in his joy."
    - Stuart
    (There is a pension, right?)

oldtymer, Ratbert, Jack Black and 2 others like this.
  4. RDaneel

RDaneel Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 23, 2000
    It looks like everyone is carrying their Sunday best today; so many pages of beauty! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm carrying my CSC forum knife today (probably tomorrow, too). It is hard to let this one lay around.

[​IMG]

5. HST

HST Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 2, 2015
    Nitrogen Ice Cream and Northwoods.

5A818021-0EFA-4419-B103-545EAE7C6B00.jpeg

I haven’t changed this knife, because I felt it brought me luck. I found me a female GSD puppy that passed its teperment test - first litter I looked at domestically. Usually I go through 10-20 liters, before I find the one. I’m keeping it on me, until she comes home on Saturday.

If you haven’t tried Nitrogen Ice Cream it’s super cool - pun intended. :cool::thumbsup:

6. Duckdog

Duckdog Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Thanks for showing the lucky knife and congrats on the GSD (though I lean more towards the GSPs for my bird hunting addiction). The picture is sweet (pun unavoidable).
    - Stuart

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
    HST likes this.
  7. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Splendid stag Churchill, Jeff! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Superb stag on your uniquely-shaped whittler, Stuart! :thumbsup::cool:

Good things come in threes, Will! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup: I'm usually quite partial to stag and horn, but in your trio, the jigged bone is the real standout for me!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cool Colonial stockman, deltaboy!! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Peerless stag pair, Harry! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Different strokes for different folks, but to me the stag on your Henckels is tough to beat! ;)

Steve, your Camillus is stone-cold awesome! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Terrific twosome, Jack; fantastic to see the award-winning Abbeydale Jack again! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

That's a pretty obscure reference, but I LIKE it! :D:D (That is, if I actually "get" it. :rolleyes:)

The meal looks tasty and nutritious, and so does the Barlow, for that matter! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

Another great shot of your Viper, Joshua. :cool::thumbsup::cool: I have several red oak trees in my yard, and seem to rake almost as much in the spring as in the fall! :eek::(

Nice, and nostalgic!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks, Ron. :) I'm impressed that you even remember my stag senator, since I don't carry it very often! :cool::thumbsup:

I'll accept your prognosis, Dean! :D

Peachy peanut!! :cool::thumbsup:

I appreciate your concern and your experience, but you're probably made of much sterner stuff than me when it comes to knives! :rolleyes: Couple of first-class folders for you! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

:D:D Good one!

:thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks for the info, Stuart. :):thumbsup::thumbsup: I did some checking on BF, and I think most of my Olsen sightings must have been of your knife!! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

For sure! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks, Mike! :)

Outstanding!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Handsome pair for the home front, Jack! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Yowza, that pair is pretty overwhelming, Ron! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack. :) Hope tonight is much more restful for you; either of your maladies is bad enough, but both sounds awful! :eek::thumbsdown:

Thanks for the kind words, @peanutsxx.:)

Love the French ivory covers, and the pup! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

- GT

TFBraden, flatblackcapo, HST and 9 others like this.
  8. Blake the Blade

Blake the Blade

Mar 28, 2015
    Thank you sir. :thumbsup:

9. rishma

rishma

Jun 22, 2008
    Thanks for the kind words. This is my favorite knife, a half Congress from my childhood. She was well used when I got her.

10. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Spent some great time today at this place in Michigan
    [​IMG]
    Had these in my pocket again today.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    We saw some unbelievable cars and some of the evolution in the designs of the Automobile .
    [​IMG]
    Mustang
    [​IMG]
    Pierce Arrow
    [​IMG]
    Pontiac GTO
    [​IMG]
    Mercedes
    [​IMG]
    Phone's battery was dieing and had to take too few pictures .
    It is a great place to visit if you are ever in the area especially if you have some interest in mechanical things and or cars .

Harry

willard0341, GE Jr, TFBraden and 28 others like this.
  11. Boggs

Boggs

Feb 27, 2007
    Oh Henry...(ok Harry)...

Wishing I could of been there too...those cars and the Mercedes..

12. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
    I have been trying to hold off getting one of the 56 Stags but if I would have seen that one , my resolve would have melted in a heartbeat . Very nice my friend , but does it not have a Pile side ???? LOL !!

Harry

13. ArchiveMoto

ArchiveMoto Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 6, 2017
    The wife's starter crapped out on her Honda so the 77 spear got to help a bit in the recovery and repair. On a side note, shout out to those Japanese engineers for putting the starter in the most inaccessible place possible behind th intake manifold, it was a real pleasure having to disassemble half of this tiny motor to do one simple task.

[​IMG]

willard0341, GE Jr, TFBraden and 19 others like this.
  14. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Thanks everyone, the quality choice goes to the dealer. I entrusted him to pick it out with only a little input from me:thumbsup:

Here's the pile side Harry:)
    [​IMG]

15. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    These two today...have the next two days off due to a nasty ankle injury...been sharpening and oiling up my knives today.
    [​IMG]

willard0341, GE Jr, TFBraden and 21 others like this.
  16. mykel m

mykel m Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Northwoods Stag Jack for my Sunday on the trails.
    [​IMG]

willard0341, GE Jr, TFBraden and 20 others like this.
  17. Easyrider

Easyrider

Jan 31, 2000
    I have been carrying this one around now exclusively since I got it. In the past I would seem to always go back to my Queen Copper head or the S&M Gunstock that I have. They do not have the fit and finish of GEC but they always seem to make it back into my pocket.

That is not happening with the 78 American Jack. It may have found a permanent home in my pocket.

[​IMG]

willard0341, GE Jr, TFBraden and 16 others like this.
  18. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks Gary :)

19. hlee

hlee

Dec 5, 2005
    My custom shop buck 110, walnut handles, finger grooves, domed pins, nickle silver bolsters, and s30v blade just showed up. I'll be carrying that for a while, though in the leather belt sheath that came with it.

sitflyer likes this.
  20. Gevonovich

Gevonovich

Jan 17, 2011
    My intention was birds since it's the season ..so the long lens it was. And of course a cattle knife. A Curtain & Clark in ebony, since the weather was wet and overcast...perfect :D

[​IMG]

Its always good luck to see a large flock of birds making waves through the sky

[​IMG]

All along every watch tower

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Shadows across the land

[​IMG]

Sioux spirits ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018