What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Congratulations on the milestone Stuart :thumbsup:

Many thanks, Jack. I did not start posting in earnest until this past August and I easily realize that, by the standards set by stalwarts of this thread, I am a piker, if not a pissant. However, if I show up every day, apply myself and do an honest day's work that Porch pension will start piling up and, then, begin pouring out.
" 'O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
He chortled in his joy."
- Stuart
(There is a pension, right?)

Nitrogen Ice Cream and Northwoods.

5A818021-0EFA-4419-B103-545EAE7C6B00.jpeg

I haven’t changed this knife, because I felt it brought me luck. I found me a female GSD puppy that passed its teperment test - first litter I looked at domestically. Usually I go through 10-20 liters, before I find the one. I’m keeping it on me, until she comes home on Saturday.

If you haven’t tried Nitrogen Ice Cream it’s super cool - pun intended. :cool::thumbsup:

Nitrogen Ice Cream and Northwoods.

View attachment 851574

I haven’t changed this knife, because I felt it brought me luck. I found me a female GSD puppy that passed its teperment test - first litter I looked at domestically. Usually I go through 10-20 liters, before I find the one. I’m keeping it on me, until she comes home on Saturday.

If you haven’t tried Nitrogen Ice Cream it’s super cool - pun intended. :cool::thumbsup:

Thanks for showing the lucky knife and congrats on the GSD (though I lean more towards the GSPs for my bird hunting addiction). The picture is sweet (pun unavoidable).
- Stuart

Last edited:
Reactions: HST
WqzcaEa.jpg
Splendid stag Churchill, Jeff! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

We have snow coming in this afternoon, so I have to hustle out to complete my chores promptly. I'm carrying this Kissing Cranes (Robert Klass) whittler today. Have a great weekend, folks.

B4EWlRc.jpg

- Stuart
Superb stag on your uniquely-shaped whittler, Stuart! :thumbsup::cool:

Kind of greedy..:D three for me today:cool:

1fASrrG.jpg
Good things come in threes, Will! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup: I'm usually quite partial to stag and horn, but in your trio, the jigged bone is the real standout for me!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cool Colonial stockman, deltaboy!! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Todays carry

Harry
Peerless stag pair, Harry! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Different strokes for different folks, but to me the stag on your Henckels is tough to beat! ;)

Camillus Army Air Corp. UK
mZ8vaglh.jpg

Steve, your Camillus is stone-cold awesome! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

These two for me today, small A.Wright Lambsfoot and my Abbeydale Jack :) Hope everyone is having a great weekend :thumbsup:

View attachment 850517

View attachment 850518
Terrific twosome, Jack; fantastic to see the award-winning Abbeydale Jack again! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

Your picture - bottom bolster.
That's a pretty obscure reference, but I LIKE it! :D:D (That is, if I actually "get" it. :rolleyes:)

Never let it be said they don’t know how to serve BBQ in Tennessee! :eek: :D Pulled Pork Sandwich with a side of Chili, pickles and a Red Sawcut Barlow! :eek: :D

38512915400_1c8debc491_b_d.jpg
The meal looks tasty and nutritious, and so does the Barlow, for that matter! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

F12_AB10_B-4137-4_AD3-99_C7-35_D11_ABE9_EEE.jpg

Great knives today guys! Lots of good shots. I need to rake my yard; these silly oak trees hang on right until the new buds get ready to come.
Another great shot of your Viper, Joshua. :cool::thumbsup::cool: I have several red oak trees in my yard, and seem to rake almost as much in the spring as in the fall! :eek::(

A trusty old Imperial.

DSC0193.jpg
Nice, and nostalgic!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks Gary, your Stag Senator is a dandy indeed! :thumbsup::D
Thanks, Ron. :) I'm impressed that you even remember my stag senator, since I don't carry it very often! :cool::thumbsup:

Thanks, Gary! Now that we know looking at knives has a deleterious effect on your psyche there is only one cure. But I think that cure is worse than the disease.
I'll accept your prognosis, Dean! :D

Peachy peanut!! :cool::thumbsup:

Don't go mad, GT! I know you're afraid if you acquire one fixed blade, you'll fall down the collecting rabbit hole. So far, I've managed to avoid that fate. ...
View attachment 850697 View attachment 850698
I appreciate your concern and your experience, but you're probably made of much sterner stuff than me when it comes to knives! :rolleyes: Couple of first-class folders for you! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks, GT! I think it's going to stay in my pocket for awhile.

You know, when I was a kid, I learned not to say "That drives me crazy" around my Dad. He always answered "That's not a drive, that's a putt.";)
:D:D Good one!

View attachment 850796 Thanks GT:D one again 78 in the pocket :cool:
:thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:

GT, from what little research I have been able to follow, the Olsen Knife Company was founded by Lee Olsen, Jr, in Howard City, MI (pop. 1,500) in 1950 (though it may have sprung from the Lee Knife Co. founded in Flint River, MI in 1940, which took over the Joslin - formerly Hudson - Knife Co. in Howard City). It was operated by Lee Olsen until it burned in 1978. Fixed blade hunting knives were the primary products and they became pretty famous (on a Randall made level). All knives were made by Olsen in Howard City until he started contracting for knives out of Solingen in 1970. After the 1978 fire, a group from Grand Rapids purchased the name in 1980 and sold knives from Solingen and Japan (and some say from Schrade) from 1982 until 1985.

My knife, the OK511, is one of the occasional folders that Olsen made, The "H.C., MI. 511" tang stamp tells me that it was made in Howard City sometime before the fire. It has a great little blade, is 3.5" closed, and is as strong as a bulldog. It came with a nice leather belt sheath (which I have with another OK511 and sheath).

LYamhUr.jpg

- Stuart
Thanks for the info, Stuart. :):thumbsup::thumbsup: I did some checking on BF, and I think most of my Olsen sightings must have been of your knife!! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks, GT.
This run of 56's have been a nice looking lot!
For sure! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Great selection of blades, and covers, GT! Character for days!
Thanks, Mike! :)

this old schrade walden rope knife that i made bocote scales for...

484B6496-8234-4B00-8A0F-83EAD18A90BF_zpsnnvz3dvd.jpg
Outstanding!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Hope everyone has a good Sunday. I think I'm going to be stuck in the house all day unfortunately, but got these two helping me out :thumbsup:

View attachment 851087

View attachment 851098
Handsome pair for the home front, Jack! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Today I’ll be Totin these two. A Jigged Bone Case Norfolk and a Sambar Stag, A Wright Lambsfoot. :)
38965143965_ea6bbc2d01_b_d.jpg

37029672353_4c76d46be7_b_d.jpg
Yowza, that pair is pretty overwhelming, Ron! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Very nice GT :thumbsup:
Thanks Paul :) Sorry to hear about your bad night, mine wasn't great, acid reflux and a long coughing fit :( Have an easy day my friend, and I hope you feel better later :thumbsup:
Thanks, Jack. :) Hope tonight is much more restful for you; either of your maladies is bad enough, but both sounds awful! :eek::thumbsdown:

Thanks GT. Delirious or not your choice of carry is eye-catching. Love the red shield on the fine blue mini copperhead, and the S&M is just a classy fella! The Marbles is huge!
Thanks for the kind words, @peanutsxx.:)

Light duties around the yard this Sunday morning with an old Sheffield sleeveboard.
Untitled by Blake Blade, on Flickr
Untitled by Blake Blade, on Flickr
Oh and Bunny the Patterdale Terrier for company. :)
Love the French ivory covers, and the pup! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

- GT

Splendid stag Churchill, Jeff! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Superb stag on your uniquely-shaped whittler, Stuart! :thumbsup::cool:

Good things come in threes, Will! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup: I'm usually quite partial to stag and horn, but in your trio, the jigged bone is the real standout for me!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cool Colonial stockman, deltaboy!! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Peerless stag pair, Harry! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Different strokes for different folks, but to me the stag on your Henckels is tough to beat! ;)

Steve, your Camillus is stone-cold awesome! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Terrific twosome, Jack; fantastic to see the award-winning Abbeydale Jack again! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

That's a pretty obscure reference, but I LIKE it! :D:D (That is, if I actually "get" it. :rolleyes:)

The meal looks tasty and nutritious, and so does the Barlow, for that matter! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

Another great shot of your Viper, Joshua. :cool::thumbsup::cool: I have several red oak trees in my yard, and seem to rake almost as much in the spring as in the fall! :eek::(

Nice, and nostalgic!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks, Ron. :) I'm impressed that you even remember my stag senator, since I don't carry it very often! :cool::thumbsup:

I'll accept your prognosis, Dean! :D

Peachy peanut!! :cool::thumbsup:

I appreciate your concern and your experience, but you're probably made of much sterner stuff than me when it comes to knives! :rolleyes: Couple of first-class folders for you! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

:D:D Good one!

:thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks for the info, Stuart. :):thumbsup::thumbsup: I did some checking on BF, and I think most of my Olsen sightings must have been of your knife!! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

For sure! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks, Mike! :)

Outstanding!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Handsome pair for the home front, Jack! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Yowza, that pair is pretty overwhelming, Ron! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack. :) Hope tonight is much more restful for you; either of your maladies is bad enough, but both sounds awful! :eek::thumbsdown:

Thanks for the kind words, @peanutsxx.:)

Love the French ivory covers, and the pup! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

- GT
Thank you sir. :thumbsup:

What an excellent knife! A comfortable looking pattern too, Half Congress? Some decent worn Stag there. I have a Hoffritz Pen that I'm very fond of, been trying to get somebody to make me one but not really found the right answer yet...

Thanks for showing this, it's a treat.

Regards, Will
Thanks for the kind words. This is my favorite knife, a half Congress from my childhood. She was well used when I got her.

Spent some great time today at this place in Michigan

Had these in my pocket again today.

We saw some unbelievable cars and some of the evolution in the designs of the Automobile .

Mustang

Pierce Arrow

Pontiac GTO

Mercedes

Phone's battery was dieing and had to take too few pictures .
It is a great place to visit if you are ever in the area especially if you have some interest in mechanical things and or cars .

Harry

Oh Henry...(ok Harry)...

Wishing I could of been there too...those cars and the Mercedes..

The wife's starter crapped out on her Honda so the 77 spear got to help a bit in the recovery and repair. On a side note, shout out to those Japanese engineers for putting the starter in the most inaccessible place possible behind th intake manifold, it was a real pleasure having to disassemble half of this tiny motor to do one simple task.

JWWDSvw.jpg

Great looking stag on that one, Paul!

awesome...

Man I love that Stag !!!!!!!
I have been trying to hold off getting one of the 56 Stags but if I would have seen that one , my resolve would have melted in a heartbeat . Very nice my friend , but does it not have a Pile side ???? LOL !!
Harry
Thanks everyone, the quality choice goes to the dealer. I entrusted him to pick it out with only a little input from me:thumbsup:

Here's the pile side Harry:)
iXnpOO.jpg

I have been carrying this one around now exclusively since I got it. In the past I would seem to always go back to my Queen Copper head or the S&M Gunstock that I have. They do not have the fit and finish of GEC but they always seem to make it back into my pocket.

That is not happening with the 78 American Jack. It may have found a permanent home in my pocket.

1CQdqdh.jpg

My custom shop buck 110, walnut handles, finger grooves, domed pins, nickle silver bolsters, and s30v blade just showed up. I'll be carrying that for a while, though in the leather belt sheath that came with it.

My intention was birds since it's the season ..so the long lens it was. And of course a cattle knife. A Curtain & Clark in ebony, since the weather was wet and overcast...perfect :D

29659649041_31e46e6fe6_b.jpg

Its always good luck to see a large flock of birds making waves through the sky

40304307192_58d5f18ca1_b.jpg

All along every watch tower

40349458301_e23575d129_b.jpg

39638333664_6aaf915170_b.jpg

40349463661_548bb3a64d_b.jpg

Shadows across the land

40304306482_a95bc080cb_b.jpg

Sioux spirits ;)

25477500877_27ce699dde_b.jpg

25477501147_7c6e1f4b0a_b.jpg