What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

And now to end the night in beauty a good owl beer accompanied by my everyday knife!

2qsnsc2.jpg

I enjoyed the green "seasonal" knives posted by Ron, Stuart, Northwestcut Northwestcut , @LastRodeo, Pt-Luso Pt-Luso , and Shawn!!! :D:thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Happy Saint Patrick’s Day :D

30548459122_7818d9bece_b_d.jpg
As long as I’m able I’ll never go through a Saint Patrick’s Day without Totin this 56 BEJ Protoype Spring Green Jig Bone, for at least part of the day. It was a gift and my introduction to a truly great person and a wonderful friend! We miss you Bob!

26175827120_843bf6f5e3_b_d.jpg
Wonderful sentiments, Ron! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

In honor of Saint Patrick, I will raise a toast (or two) in his name and carry these two around with me today. Sláinte mhaith!

0JyuBGq.jpg

fx0VCx9.jpg

- Stuart
That top one is fantastic, Stuart! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

To a long life and a merry one. Quick death and an easy one. A pretty girl and an honest one. A cold pint and another one!
39967429605_9925f3cb99_c.jpg

Cool toasts, sir, and an astounding congress! :cool::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

St. Pattys acrylic. Happy Saturday!

View attachment 869798
Green goodness, Mike! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Saint Patrick's Lambsfoot...
imkrh5.jpg
Don't see many posts with the green jigged bone lambsfoot; I like it!! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Terrible, low-light cell phone picture of my green Peanut and green Baby Butterbean on a pile of crawfish and fixins.

IMG_20180317_151231_2.jpg
Good to see that fancy little canoe again, Shawn! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Just got this one yesterday so it's in my pocket today.
Ulster Knife Co.
ivuLdQFh.jpg

Fabulous find, Steve! Congrats on the new Ulster! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Working outside today and carrying this big Western . This is just a heck of a knife . A little LARGE , but it is a very well built knife .
Harry
I am going to carry these 2 today . A little GEC 06 Pemberton that I purchased at the GEC Rendezvous last year and a Hartkoph that I purchased last year right after we went through this castle in Germany . I associate some of my knives with where I got them or what I carried at the time ....

Harry
Huge Western, and huge castle, Harry!! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: The pile side stag on your Hartkopf is "right up my alley", too! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

...New to me Case/Bose Coffin Jack.. took a chance on this two blade when I usually much prefer single blades... and man oh man was I pleasantly surprised! Just a fantastic knife all around.
67DDFDE0-55F7-47AC-AE0D-302AF36BDC0A_zpsrvn0cgir.jpeg
Congrats on the stunning coffin jack, Drew! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:

You are very welcome and thank you in return, GT. Loved your gathered green goodies (especially the captivating canoes).
- Stuart
Thanks, Stuart. :) I think I posted every green knife I have.

SKDD...Same Knife Different Day...
dIEtGrd.jpg
Looking good! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Still on a "consecutive days carried" streak, Frank??

Thanks for the kind words a chara, outstandingly verdant collection :thumbsup:
...Hope everyone has a great post-St Patrick's Day Sunday :) :thumbsup:

View attachment 870325

View attachment 870326
Thanks, Jack. :) Superb Sunday selection; speaking of verdant, that photo of your 66 sure is! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

I use garlic a lot in my cooking but for some reason I dislike garlic-crushers, I think they make the garlic taste bitter, then there's the cleaning hell:rolleyes: Instead, I prefer to use a very sharp small knife to slice the garlic thinly as possible. This CASE Teardrop with Wharncliffe cv blade works supremely at the task:cool: It's getting some colour these days and is no longer pristine like this, a really well-made knife too.

QNhk2LC.jpg
Incredibly handsome knife, Will!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: I've been seriously "researching" Case teardrops recently: 1 blade vs. 2 blades, wharncliffe vs. spear, TruSharp vs. CV. I was leaning toward the chestnut jigged bone, and I think you pushed me over the edge! ;) (I'm surprised that you use that carbon blade for garlic; aren't you usually quite emphatic about the bad tastes imparted to food by carbon steel?)

I actually really like this weather. I look forward to winter and I pine like a puppy missing it's owner when it passes. Maybe I'm actually from Narnia....:)...
Here's a view of my dogs' snow maze in the backyard a month ago, donn; is this what you like?? I'm happier with the bare ground there today!
snow.maze.2.2018.jpg

View attachment 870355 Totin' some vintage Case XX again today. Enjoy your Sunday everyone! -Lance
The Fort The Fort You made a good Case for my daily selection today- a Case cattle knife from 1920-1940 and a muskrat from 1976:

qoaimUx.jpg

- Stuart
Versatile variety of vibrant vintage Case knives, Lance and Stuart! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks, Gary. It is a great knife. It looks like you had a very green knife St. Patrick's Day. :thumbsup::thumbsup::D:)

Today, I carried my favorite Barlow again. Spring really is not quite here yet.

Thanks, Dean. :) Frosty cool pic of your Thrillingly Crimson Barlow! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Thank you very much, GT!
It's the Willamette Whittler, with the pen blade secondary. It's just a treat to carry!
View attachment 870655 View attachment 870656
Thanks for the pics of that admirable stag whittler, mitch!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: But, I'm a little behind, and was actually asking about your pearl Cuttin' Horse! ;)

CF & CE my Chamblin WT while watching Syracuse vs Michigan. Go Orange!
Desirable knife, Gary :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:, but VERY undesirable result to that Syracuse/Michigan State game, IMHO! :thumbsdown::( (Michigan's still in after their Saturday night "miracle". :thumbsup:;))

I'm ready for the weekend to be over, so I can get some rest. :D
View attachment 870650 View attachment 870651
I can relate, r8shell! I work just as hard on the weekend (Saturdays, at least) as during the week, and it's usually tasks I enjoy less than my weekday work! :rolleyes:

And now to end the night in beauty a good owl beer accompanied by my everyday knife!
Splendid stag 73 and striking owl face bottle cap, Senhor Pinto! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

A little oxhorn Lambsfoot for me today.
39058680950_d95fe5a2da_h.jpg
Love the "fade-to-black" covers on that lambsfoot, FBC! :cool::thumbsup::cool: And I admire your adventurous cover-dyeing experiments! :p:D

Like the poor, these are always with me:
QO5wic1.jpg

- GT

A recent arrival for me. I had several early Bulldog Brand knives in the past and sold them. I had a few Sowbellys from their tobacco series of knives. They were EXCELLENT knives as is this two blade Jack:thumbsup: Great Stag covers, solid blades, matchstrike pulls, Bulldog shield and great fit and finish. Well sort of? I don't remember my other Bulldogs having raised pins? ALL the pins are noticeably raised, yet nicely doomed and quite smooth:cool: The Stag covers scream German cutlery as the shoulders swell from the bolster. It fills the hand perfectly however:thumbsup:
k8kroE.jpg

ErGyWW.jpg

eopuan.jpg

E4UlWH.jpg

0jkNQg.jpg

A recent arrival for me. I had several early Bulldog Brand knives in the past and sold them. I had a few Sowbellys from their tobacco series of knives. They were EXCELLENT knives as is this two blade Jack:thumbsup: Great Stag covers, solid blades, matchstrike pulls, Bulldog shield and great fit and finish. Well sort of? I don't remember my other Bulldogs having raised pins? ALL the pins are noticeably raised, yet nicely doomed and quite smooth:cool: The Stag covers scream German cutlery as the shoulders swell from the bolster. It fills the hand perfectly however:thumbsup:
k8kroE.jpg

ErGyWW.jpg

eopuan.jpg

E4UlWH.jpg

0jkNQg.jpg
Very nice, Paul! Is that similar in size to a GEC 73?

Desirable knife, Gary :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:, but VERY undesirable result to that Syracuse/Michigan State game, IMHO! :thumbsdown::( (Michigan's still in after their Saturday night "miracle". :thumbsup:;))
Thanks, Gary. Although I beg to differ on today's game results.:D
Nice selection of steel to accompany you on your daily adventures!

Lovely golden horn my friend :thumbsup:
One day I will remember what the correct name for that horn. haha. I do love the horn on this one, thank you, my friend.

Knife needed a pick me up?:confused:
I think it knew it would get a good cleaning if it jumped in there. :D

Love the "fade-to-black" covers on that lambsfoot, FBC! :cool::thumbsup::cool: And I admire your adventurous cover-dyeing experiments! :p:D
s0230.gif

I didn't think of the dyeing, I should have left in there longer! :D

Foaming bubbles bathroom cleaner? I thought we are supposed to use Flitz?
This coffee might have been stronger that the bathroom cleaner.
s0262.gif

39076742560_baea162f82_b.jpg

It did get a good cleaning and oiling after.

Back