What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

It's a Schrade 108OT, traditional brown sawcut
You are the second one who had said pics aren't working. Using Google photos, not sure what's up.

I think you have to use a dedicated photo sharing service.
But one of the benefits that comes with a paid membership (cheap!), is a slick function to upload photos. Works like a champ.

I have a 108OT as well. Almost always in my little guitar pick pocket.

Man, oh, man, there are some fine knives peeking out today! @Travman , @SteveC, Gevonovich Gevonovich , Will Power Will Power , @mitch4ging - WOW!
A recent discussion between @ISKRA and @pmek5 prompted my picks for today; A Case 53087 medium stockman (1940-1964) for Stagurday and its two-blade cousin, a Case 22087 small premium jack (1965-1969) in black Delrin.

QwbyYeM.jpg

994LDeu.jpg

CK8zBON.jpg

TPGxik5.jpg

Please pardon the pesky reflections of my photo-bombing white oak in the blades (it is very vain).
- Stuart

Man, oh, man, there are some fine knives peeking out today! @Travman , @SteveC, Gevonovich Gevonovich , Will Power Will Power , @mitch4ging - WOW!
A recent discussion between @ISKRA and @pmek5 prompted my picks for today; A Case 53087 medium stockman (1940-1964) for Stagurday and its two-blade cousin, a Case 22087 small premium jack (1965-1969) in black Delrin.

QwbyYeM.jpg

994LDeu.jpg

CK8zBON.jpg

TPGxik5.jpg

Please pardon the pesky reflections of my photo-bombing white oak in the blades (it is very vain).
- Stuart
Two superb knives, Stuart...wow !!! PS...I love the photo bombing oak :D

Peregrin Peregrin

Gary I got a knife from Ken that was very similar to yours (mine was black micarta) about ten years ago. Solid build but was a bear for me to open.

Peregrin Peregrin

Gary I got a knife from Ken that was very similar to yours (mine was black micarta) about ten years ago. Solid build but was a bear for me to open.
JB in SC JB in SC
Jerry, This one would get carried more often if it was easier to open. I like a 5 or 6. This knife is more like an 8. Perfectly executed though.

It's a Schrade 108OT, traditional brown sawcut
You are the second one who had said pics aren't working. Using Google photos, not sure what's up.
When I right-click to open your image link, I'm prompted to sign into a Google account. Maybe the people who can see the picture are always signed in on their phone/device?

Still with the Stag Jack this weekend:
#77 forum.jpg

A 2008 harness jack on the 54 frame. Arrived today and I LIKE IT:cool::thumbsup:
aikeYZ.jpg

KqxsU3.jpg

I cannot say that yellow is my favorite color but that is a lovely rich hue. Beautiful knife, Paul.

Thanks, Dylan. The H20 is definitely worth a try, especially given the price. No, it probably isn't any more useful than a #71, but my knife collection would be a lot smaller if I applied that logic to every knife purchase. ;) :D

I got my Churchill in yesterday afternoon, but haven't had a chance to take a photo of it yet. I sharpened it up and carried it yesterday afternoon and all day today. As thick as the blade stock is on the clip, I'm very impressed with the GEC's grind on that blade. I also like how thin the sheepsfoot is. My only complaint so far is that I don't particularly like how the thin spine of the sheepsfoot feels in my hand when the main blade is open.

Yes, knife people tend to have their own special brand of logic.

Like r8shell r8shell mentioned, there are some folks who modded their Churchills for reasons that you stated . It hasn't bothered me yet so I haven't attempted the filework. However, those who have, have produced satisfactory results.

Sorry about the old photos but this is what I have in my pockets for Stag Saturday .

Two of my many favorites to carry .

Harry

I always enjoy seeing your stag, Harry. Soon that gorgeous 43 you snagged will be joining the mix!

View attachment 878642

78 Appaloosa Friday evening at sunset. Looking forward to tomorrow morning! Have a Blessed Easter everyone!

Beautiful picture, Leslie!

I woke up to an absolutely beautiful spring morning and I took advantage of the cool and quiet to enjoy some coffee and a pipe.

bXhXM8c.jpg

A 2008 harness jack on the 54 frame. Arrived today and I LIKE IT:cool::thumbsup:
aikeYZ.jpg

KqxsU3.jpg
That’s a beautiful HJ Paul! :) You better hide that one from Duncan @Campbellclanman he will most likely try to swindle it away from you! :thumbsup::eek::D

Back from church, had my 66 with me. I don't know how it is elsewhere, but in Slovenia we take food (easter eggs, ham, horseradish and potica/nutroll) to church today where it gets blessed for Easter. Kind of a big deal. Tomorrow might be busy, so I'd like to wish you good folks on our porch all a nice happy Easter. I hope you don't mind it's a bit early. Hristos voskrese, my friends! :)

tEMW3c3.jpg
May you and your family have a blessed Easter ISKRA! :)

QwbyYeM.jpg

TPGxik5.jpg

- Stuart
Stuart that is a wonderful pair of 87’s my friend. The photos are great white oak included! Thanks again for taking time to share some fine lunch and conversation with Pam and I on Wednesday! :D

I have absolutely nothing at all against my Black Alox Pioneer. They are a very capable knife and handled all the cutting chores I put it to on my recent 9 day trip. Please forgive the recycled photos, but you can understand why I now have this 65 Ben Hogan and 77 Stag Jack in my pockets!!! :cool: :D

25194256197_5325b50c23_b_d.jpg

26855280468_aea194d1ea_b_d.jpg

Back