What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

41103387262_00e93b6f98_h.jpg

That's a trip down Memory Lane! It looks like the 'Commando Wire Saw' is still intact too! ;) :thumbsup:

congrats on finding your survival knife! :cool::thumbsup: That doesn't have a flashlight in the handle, does it?? :confused::)

Apologies for the late acknowledgement gents, been a week in work.
No flashlight 5K, it came with a small survival kit. Brass snare wire, a small fishing kit and as you said Jack, a wire saw which is what the two split rings are for. I've still got it somewhere as I found the kit last year.

Yesterdays, on my walk.
pVpz8IO.jpg

And today's. Happy Easter everyone :thumbsup:
P5jryoa.jpg

Happy Easter, everyone! :)

Outstanding Taramundi, @Llasi ! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Here's a two-blader that I don't wish was a stockman. Sylph-slim, single spring, and no blade rub.
Can't shake the rosy Remington though.
And it would be reckless to be without something in the scout line. And old Toffee-wings.
OuTZgzm.jpg
Good explanation of how that quality quartet got in your pocket, Jer! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

It's slightly formal Friday.
View attachment 877962
I'll have the Stag Jack in my pocket tonight.
View attachment 877964
I hope your Passover celebration was meaningful, Rachel, and that the knives enhanced the experience. :):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hate's a strong word, Frank, but from one stockman guy to another, I'm disappointed! :(

Calf Roper ironwood today for me.
iAzr0j6.jpg
:D:D That superb Calf Roper doesn't disappoint, stockman guy! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I've been rekindling this old romance for a few days now. WW2 Camillus engineers knife. The homemade leather pouch and 1/16" minicord fob are just icing on the cake.
Gtpfokoh.jpg
Captivating knife/photo, Buzz! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Spending some time getting acquainted with my new stag mini copperhead today.

39307410980_88a88fdb24_b.jpg
Congrats on an outstanding knife, Ace! Splendid pattern, especially with the Wharncliffe; the finally threaded bolsters are ravishing, and the stag covers are A-1!!! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup: Also saw your horizontal belt sheath; does it seem like a secure carry option?

67_CDEA6_C-_EDDD-40_D5-_A1_E6-5_D94_DC7_CD244.jpg

Today the euchatastrophe to end all tragedies begins. Post Tenebras Lux!
Beautiful knife! :cool::thumbsup: And I appreciate the sentiments you articulated so well, Joshua. :thumbsup::thumbsup: "Dixitque Deus fiat lux et facta est lux"! Light of the World!

View attachment 878029

This photo was taken yesterday evening after a hard rain while it was still overcast. The vivid, almost glowing, color in this Walnut Rogers Jigged Bone Case seems appropriate for Easter.
Nice, Leslie! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

This is a Two TEW's Friday day today because I need some working knives on me .

Harry
Thank you GT !!! The camera will take a picture but you can not do a Playback with it . Photos will down load off of the memory card .
Harry
ALWAYS enjoy seeing your two TEWs, Harry! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Glad your camera is semi-functional. :thumbsup:

My walking pair for today...
View attachment 878110
Like the gleaming head on your cane, mitch! :thumbsup::cool::cool: What are the covers on your 25?

Got moving late today, went outside to take pics of my day's carries, and walked into a fast approaching storm. Yikes!! snapped pics and back in the house. I chose a Queen model 61 stockman from 1958-1960 and a Robeson jack from 1940-1948 (just before I was born). Blessed Good Friday, everyone.
PpF7V4r.jpg

- Stuart
Bonny bone on the Robeson, Stuart, and surprisingly shiny blades on both!! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thank you, GT! Honestly, my job consists of people looking at me strangely, so I'm pretty used to it by now. :D ;)

Love that Peanut!
Nice work if you can get it, I guess. :p:D Thanks for the peanut props, Shawn. :)

Thanks GT. I assume it is meant to resemble Ram's Horn, but you know what they say about assumptions.;)
K Horn=Celluloid alrighty.
Still solid so it has become part of the rotation.

Love the wee Colonial Jack BTW, I've had the same knife on my watch list quite a few times but never pulled the trigger.(yet)
Thanks for the K Horn info and the Colonial jack comments, mykel. :thumbsup::)

Thanks for your comment on my Barlow, Gary. As for your Canoe, sometimes we must preserve the beauty of a knife for the next generation(s). It really is something unusual.

Your Case stag peanut is another example of a great knife!
Thanks for the kind words, Dean. :)

Thank you so much, GT! I would have to agree with you, I have come to really appreciate the look of steel pins, bolsters, and liners. I like the way they age, the way they look, and the way they feel in hand.

I am continuing the Ebony theme today. Paired with a bit of spring....

bRVNS6o.jpg
Your ebony pair is certainly enticing, Dylan! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

You're really plumbing the depths of that thesaurus, aren't you GT? ;) :D

That's a nice looking peanut you've got there. :thumbsup:
Thanks, Barrett. :) I actually use a thesaurus quite infrequently. :rolleyes: "Pulchritude" is a word that has stuck in my mind since high school Latin classes, and "salubrious" is a word @Gevonovich taught me (or I stole from him ;)).

Gary, one of the cool things about those Christy knives is the blades are replaceable.

Totin' MAM the Apple Slayer
26255468017_05d895ac11_h.jpg
Thanks for the Christy factoid, and for the cool photo of your char-broiled MAM! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

I had the same issue. The spine of the sheepfoot hit just the wrong spot on the inside of my knuckle. I carefully filed the kick to lower the blade, and now it's very comfortable in hand. There are discussions about it in the Churchill thread, as well as before and after pics. I think a few other members did the same modification.
I admire the courage of you modders!! ;):cool::thumbsup:

Splendid blade shape and patina, Travman! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Schrade Cut Co Walden NY.
But oh no, I couldn't.:D
p5gHMtK.jpg

FDPH7Xd.jpg

I'm not sure it's a muskrat, with the short blade, but I don't have a different pattern name for it.
Really like that slim knife, and the golden crocuses! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Back from church, had my 66 with me. I don't know how it is elsewhere, but in Slovenia we take food (easter eggs, ham, horseradish and potica/nutroll) to church today where it gets blessed for Easter. Kind of a big deal. Tomorrow might be busy, so I'd like to wish you good folks on our porch all a nice happy Easter. I hope you don't mind it's a bit early. Hristos voskrese, my friends! :)

tEMW3c3.jpg
Thanks for the interesting info on your Easter traditions, @ISKRA ! Happy Easter to you, too!

...You are the second one who had said pics aren't working. Using Google photos, not sure what's up.
FWIW, I never see your photos, either. (Except I once saw a pic of green Bible, mug, and knife you posted in Blades on Book thread, but then it disappeared, too!??! :confused:)

View attachment 878544 One of my all time favorites. Thanks Josh! 57, split back, in Mexican Bocote. -Lance
Very shapely, attractive knives, Lance and Will!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool::cool:

Still posting some of last week's carries (weekly change-out probably this evening or early Monday morning).
Miscellaneous Knife of the Week is this Black Box Winchester teardrop (thanks, Paul):
ia3AO09.jpg

Even though I'm carrying a Peanut, I'm calling this yellow delrin Case pen knife my Peanut-ish Knife of the Week:
PAMHfiA.jpg

My Free Choice Knife for the past week has been this 4-blade Fight'n Rooster canoe:
gunboat.mark.4open.bath.jpg

- GT

Funny. I just lost my post. (Checking that I know what a sylph is.)
Really like that slim knife, and the golden crocuses! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
Thanks. Those croci keep hanging on despite the frequent lows in the 20s.
The Schrade sylph is just four inches long, so it's big as well as small.

Congrats on an outstanding knife, Ace! Splendid pattern, especially with the Wharncliffe; the finally threaded bolsters are ravishing, and the stag covers are A-1!!! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup: Also saw your horizontal belt sheath; does it seem like a secure carry option?

Thanks! Regarding the horizontal sheath, it certainly is for the mini trapper. The knife jams in very tightly with only about 1/2 inch sticking out and it takes a really good tug to pull it out. Perhaps with age it will loosen up, time will tell. As it is now I think just about any two backspring knife in the 3.5 to 4+ inch range would be a tight fit. I wear it on the right side which means that when I bend over the open end is pointing up so the knife wouldn't fall out even if it were loose. (A loose-fitting knife would probably end up in the couch cushions. :p)

Bonny bone on the Robeson, Stuart, and surprisingly shiny blades on both!! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
Thanks, GT, I'm just lucky that some of the knives that my stepfather left to me are in like-new condition (whereas, others have been rode hard and put up wet - I have a couple of boxes of reddish brown "things"). While I constantly cozy up to your captivating canoes, that yella fella from Case is really nice.

joeradza joeradza That's a tantalizing trio, Alan, from a broad span of time. Love the Lloyd, but I'd carry the Case.

I hope everyone has an easy Easter and a peaceful Passover.

2edE5rB.jpg

- Stuart

Thanks, GT, I'm just lucky that some of the knives that my stepfather left to me are in like-new condition (whereas, others have been rode hard and put up wet - I have a couple of boxes of reddish brown "things"). While I constantly cozy up to your captivating canoes, that yella fella from Case is really nice.

joeradza joeradza That's a tantalizing trio, Alan, from a broad span of time. Love the Lloyd, but I'd carry the Case.

I hope everyone has an easy Easter and a peaceful Passover.

2edE5rB.jpg

- Stuart
Thanks Stuart. The Case is a good edc, the Schrade's a good beater, and the Lloyd's a looker.

Back